Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Breaking His Darkness

Breaking His Darkness

a part of “Breaking His Darkness”, a fictional universe by Skittle_Overlord.

Read and find the world of Salria at your fingertips, for those of enough power that is...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Breaking His Darkness”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Breaking His Darkness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:15 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Breaking His Darkness"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

HUGE DISCLAIMER- THIS RP IDEA IS NOT MINE< IT IS FROM ANOTHER SITE AND I'M USING IT SINCE THEY ABANDONED IT.

ehem, thank you, now lets see if we can get this thing rolling, shame this never picked up on footstepsofghosts, it was a very good idea. Which is why I hope to bring it to life here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Breaking His Darkness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:45 pm

May I join as a "demon"? Also, if you're alignment is not good, then that means you're on His Darkness's side, correct? Might be a stupid question, but I'm just making sure.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:05 pm

well no XD glad you asked. alignment means something similar to WoW. So you can be chaotic but still on the side of the people. All summoned will work for the people, especially if they wish to get home, this creates tension, the main weakness of the group! dun dun dun

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:27 pm

(I've never played WoW ^^;;) Glad I asked too. I like that idea, though. May I be an 'antagonistic' character of the group, to reword my question? If so, how would that be put under 'alignment'?

Spectrum
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:32 pm

go for it! whatever your mind creates!

chaotic neutral if your character is self absorbed, chaotic if they have an agenda, and evil they are his darkness. I'd go for chaotic neutral, keeps things flexible.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Great, thanks!

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:38 pm

I liked the character you came up with!

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:46 pm

Thanks! I've been wanting to use his image for a while, xD. But his history I came up with on the spot. I like how he came out. I like your character

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:48 pm

thank you, I have never gotten to use a unircorn until now, very few have I think? C: But the thought always apealed to me, it's the fairytale lover part of me, now I get to incorporate gore and violence too XD

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spectrum on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Awesomesauce, xD. I'm looking forward to starting~

Spectrum
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:57 pm

You have captured my attention...
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 pm

*reel's in fish hook* got another! Sai is approved, cool concept you used!

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:00 pm

So, are there any guidelines for this "original mage who summoned the others" character?
Irony is lost on those whose behavior is ironic. Isn't that... ironic?

Sench
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Yah, he'll more or less be a leader sort of person, and he must be invested in breaking His Darkness's control over Salria. He must be willing to do whatever it takes to achieve this. Other than that go crazy, do whatever you like!

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Well, I posted up a profile. Hope he fits the bill :D

Sench
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:00 pm

my dear man I am ready to kiss you. god damn that profile is perfect. I like how you made him lawful evil XD he is more than accepted.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:24 am

Thank you :P
Please let me know if you want me to start, when you want to start and/or how you want me to start.

Sench
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:21 am

I think I want one or two more summoned warriors before we do start. worse comes to worse I might make another.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 am

Sorry, iv been busy a lot atm. Il try to get one up soon....

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:12 pm

@character:Get one what up?

It seems like this is all I'm going to get in terms of people interested, so I'll leave this guy as the one that we can all pc, I'll be making posts for him for the most part though~
Name: Ferougrimhod (Fer as a nickname)
Age: 112 turns of Guafodolwa, translates to roughly 716 years in this world.
Race: Dargon (humanoid giants)
Alignment: Good

Appearance: Most Dargons are between 12' and 14' in height. Ferougrimhod stands at 14'10" and is of exceptionally muscular build. His gray and green skin has the texture of cedar bark treated to be supple and flexible. His sinews are corded cellulose which expands and contracts in response to energy from his green crystal heart. Ferougrimhod's crystal is exceptionally large, granting him great strength and long life. In addition, he has had his crystal refilled regularly by Guafodolwa in return for his duties as Summer Guardian. His body is used to a nearly infinite supply of energy and can operate at uncommonly high levels. Deprived of a recharge source, Ferougrimhod must be cautious and reserved, however distasteful it might be. In addition, unusually prolonged photosynthesis had kept his skin extra flexible and strong. Away from the Summer Temple's strong and constant source of sunlight, this task is added to his own body maintenance functions and taxes his crystal yet further. In this world, he is much lighter than he looks, because the crystal possesses a levitation property intended to counteract the strong gravity of Guafodolwa.

Ferougrimhod's shoulders are broad, and his forearms and calves are thicker than his upper arms and thighs. His feet are wide and tough. His hair is long, thick and dark green, with a texture like long, soft pine needles. His face is round, with a wide jaw, but his chin extends down several inches, like a goatee. He has no nose--he takes in carbon dioxide through his skin and gives off oxygen through his hair. His eyes are oval with rich green irises; his pupils can contract almost to points or dilate to fill almost his entire lens.

Ferougrimhod wears a battle skirt made of the hide of a lava wyrm. It provides his torso and thighs with some fire resistance. A hardened version of this material is strapped to his left arm, as a defense for large fire-breathing fliers seen on Guafodolwa.

Personality: Ferougrimhod is patient and cares a great deal for the natural world. However, he has not lost sight of his purpose, or nature's: to serve sentient life. It is why he must guard the Temple. He is well used to responding quickly if the situation warrants action. His much akin to a friendly giant with suprising wisedom.

History: Ferougrimhod was the guardian of the Summer Temple on Guafodolwa. Set atop a floating mountain which eternally followed the path of the summer solstice, the Summer Temple was a place of fertile vegetation and perpetual warmth. Priests and clerics lived there, as well as those who tended the trees and gardens. The role of the guardian was to stand at the pinnacle of the temple, so that no attackers or forces of nature would cause it harm. Ferougrimhod was well equipped for the duty.

One day, a great rift in the sky opened above the temple, and the Summer Guardian was defeated at last, pulled into the whirling vortex in the heavens. The other Dargons, especially the priests of the Summer Temple, took this as a sign of impending doom. Ferougrimhod had been Guardian for more than 70 turns of Guafodolwa. Despair descended on the Summer Temple, for it was soon apparent that the vortex was holding the Summer Temple in place. The priests prayed to Guafodolwa, but the earth answered that it was already doing its utmost, increasing the strength of great crystal inside the Summer Mountain, so that the mountain itself would not follow the Guardian toward whatever fate he had met. Thus the Dargons waited and hoped; hoped that Ferougrimhod was not gone forever; hoped that the Summer Temple would not be destroyed, that the gardens of Summer Mountain would not perish; hoped that the world could continue under the shadow of the ominous whirlpool in the sky.

Powers: Ferougrimhod has great physical strength and stamina. Will not die from loss of blood (he doesn't have blood).

Equipment: As the Summer Guardian, Ferougrimhod always carries an enormous metal sword with a green crystal edge. The crystal glows softly with its energy. The sword's properties include the following: it is lighter than its huge size would indicate, because of the levitating crystal; it retains sharpness due to the crystal edge; the metal it is made from, combined with the crystal, is difficult to damage. The hilt is 2' long; the blade, 10' long. Besides his wrym-hide battle skirt and bracer, he carried nothing else with him through the rift.

Weakness: Because his body is mostly composed of cellulose, he is vulnerable to fire. Deserted places with no living creatures and little carbon dioxide can be hazardous over extended periods of time, because such environments make breathing difficult for a Dargon. Beyond this, prolonged deprivation of sunlight will negatively affect his morale. Darkness itself, in contrast with the constant direct sunlight he has known for most of his long life, will probably be terrifying. If he is severely wounded, he will not die or become incapacitated, but it may take him a long time to heal. Dismemberment would be difficult but crippling; decapitation, fatal, accompanied by a violent upward expulsion of his crystal's energy.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!