Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

My Shattered World

My Shattered World

a part of “My Shattered World”, a fictional universe by akai-pyon.

Mutants. Test tube babies, fused with the DNA of an animal. Experiments. Failed or successful? Brave enough to try to escape? Or too scared and willing to stay in the Dome? Up to you. [Closed]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “My Shattered World”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] My Shattered World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby akai-pyon on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:16 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "My Shattered World"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Image Image Image Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

akai-pyon
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] My Shattered World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:12 am

I'd like to reserve experiment 1039 if I can please. I'll make my character soon.
ImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thorait on Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:44 am

can I play Experiment #1019?

Thorait
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:27 am

Could I possibly reserve experiment #0972 with Wandering spider DNA?
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KapugenWolf on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:55 am

Can I take #0972, the 21 year old female please? I should have her up by tonight or tomorrow morning.

KapugenWolf
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:33 am

I'll like to put up a character for #0961 or #1019. Depending on whether you accept Thorait.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:47 am

>D Might I reserve scientist 201A35X1518?? That's the 25 yr old male. I've been wanting to play a guy really bad. My other option was 0961 (?? the older male experiment).

If I reserve that scientist though, when you say he takes care of them, you mean something like they are his caseload? Anything and everything he does revolves around them, correct? Just so I can keep things clear when I create his profile tonight.

>D Yay.

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Failkidd on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Sorry, ended up in the wrong RP somehow. Just ignore this comment.

Failkidd
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moon/Mihael on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:11 pm

I wish to reserve Scientist ID: 907H40M1065, if it is still applicable.

Moon/Mihael
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby akai-pyon on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:15 pm

All are reserved! Please have them up by tomorrow, the latest.

@KapugenWolf: That spot was reserved by the post right in front of yours! I'm sorry!!

akai-pyon
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:22 pm

I thought that username was familiar, Lovely VonSchutlz. You went by another username, which I can't remember, when you started a really awesome roleplay I was lucky enough to be a part of (under another name myself). Your arrival here is promising, I'm proud to be alongside a writer of your caliber. :)

Other people would get very similar comments except I don't really know your writing :p

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:49 pm

:) Yayness Templar! Might I ask what your former name was? Just so I can remember who it is I'll be roleplaying with again. :D

I almost revived Blue Lips, but I think that story is better left to my own mind. It became more and more specific/vivid in my head; putting in RP form would have killed it for me. Not that the players weren't AMAZING... it's just hard to orchestrate such a large scale RP. At least for myself. :P

Edit- SORRY I keep taking so long with the profile! My connection at work last night was zilch so I must create him now. :D

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby akai-pyon on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm actually quite excited to get this role play started. Why am I excited? Because of all the characters I've been getting. They're all awesome and I can tell that practically all of you are very good role players.

So, once we get those last two spots filled (I know that one of them should be filled tomorrow - I think I'll have to open up Dawnfire's spot), I'll post the introductory post.

There's really no plot right now. The experiments and the scientists just sort of interact for now. But I'm thinking one of two future plots.

1. Somebody spreads the rumor that they're going to try a mass escape. This rumor might or might not be true, and it worries both scientists and experiments. Security is tightened, time in the Dome is getting limited. Will the escape actually pull through? If so, where will they go? Because, after all, there is nowhere for them to live. The climate outside is suitable only to a few. All of them can feel the draft leaking in through the cracks during the winter. They can feel the scorching heat during the summer. And there are other unknowns as well. They've lived long enough, heard enough from their very caretakers.

"Poor things. They'd never survive out in the real world."

"They look like monsters..."

"We have to make sure they stay safe...."

2. A plague strikes swiftly and silently through the lab, killing off over twenty of the experiments in two nights. The cause of the disease is unknown, but it's said that it has something to do with the way some of the DNA in experiments have been twisted, leaving them vulnerable to the sickness. Experiments are herded into the Dome, where they will spend the next few weeks, carefully observed. Scientists will be spending nights with them, to make sure none of them attack each other. But the disease and the sudden death of so many leave quite a few wondering - What happened? Will the disease strike again?

Am I going to be next?

akai-pyon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KapugenWolf on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:15 am

I'll take DawnFire's spot if you do end up opening it! I am really interested in this RP.

KapugenWolf
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:50 am

I'll let you guess, see how good your memory is :p. It may have been more obvious if my character had falcon DNA or was a giant, ancient construct from the time the world began.

Hmm, thats the problem with having offical slots and such that get reserved. Someone who reserves doesn't turn up and you can't replace them. It does have advantages true but it also has disadvantages. I'm surprised how you make it work with the restriction you put in about age and such.

With the story lines I personally prefer number 1. I think they both work well, however they'll define how the roleplay turns out. I would say number 2 certainly points to a much darker story line. I mean, death, destruction and so forth. Thats a bit darker then hope.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:25 am

Oooo, you play a game with me Templar, you do! >) I'm up for the challenge.

Of course, the sick bastard in me chooses 2, for the very reasons that Templar has stated. I prefer tragedy over comedy, in the language of Shakespeare.

But of course, you are GM and this is your story, therefore, the choice is ultimately yours.

Edit- After a bit of investigation I have boiled you (Templar) down to two of the abandoned characters in the swirling abyss of them that had been created. As far as the writing technique, I cannot say I'm an expert at deciphering differences and so you either played Miles Tyrone, the scientist who chose a different path, or the unfortunate dragon Kolo.

Watch me be entirely wrong on both accounts and be sorely humiliated. Either way, I still cannot remember you RP name, only those of your characters. :/

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:26 am

Muhahahaa, you have my character correct. I did play Miles, however you haven't gotten my old name :p. I'm not going to let you off that easy.

I hope this turns out good :).

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby akai-pyon on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:20 am

KapugenWolf, she's all yours. XDD

akai-pyon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:12 pm

:O So mean! :((

Edit-

HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! FALCON! Sky Flying Falcon! HA I FOUND YOU!

When I created the RP, I had a nifty little journal where I wrote down all the characters and their players. OMFG! I love roleplaying beside you! :D Wheeeeeeeeeeee xD

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby akai-pyon on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:57 pm

So~ We have all the characters in place. If everybody would fill in the "What do you think of your care taker?" section, I'll get the first post up as soon as I finish my homework.

Haha.

Is everybody else as excited as I am? :D

akai-pyon
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!