Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seas of Paradise: The Search for Ilma

Seas of Paradise: The Search for Ilma

a part of “Seas of Paradise: The Search for Ilma”, a fictional universe by Florenai.

20 years after the events of the first Seas of Paradise, the massive treasure has been found and claimed. But as new rumors spread the seas, a woman named Ilma has knowledge of where such mysteries lie..

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Seas of Paradise: The Search for Ilma”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Seas of Paradise: The Search for Ilma

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gazimu on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:11 pm

The three crews give a lot of diversity.

We have the More Aztec-ish or something Crew.
The valiant adventurers of the largest and most dangerous ocean
And the treasure hunters led by the disgraced Navy Captain.

Gives people pretty different options.

If there were 4 captains I wouldn't be surprised if #4 would be a real pirate crew that pillages and all.
Looking for an up and coming Hunger Games roleplay? Look no further than
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com/
Join today to be eligible for the first hunger games to be held on the site!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gazimu
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Florenai on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Alright, coolios.

The currency is gold, technically. Can't really imagine anything else.

Regarding the places I'm going to add more about their government, climate, and a bit of history.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Florenai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gazimu on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 pm

So on these seas, what all would there be in the way?

Navy ships?
Pirates?

I know theres merchant ships from the trade routes between cities on the map.

What exactly is out on the oceans?

Gazimu
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jayhawker010 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 pm

There should be...SEA MONSTERS!! O.o
The below are roleplays that need characters D:

Crash II: The Replacements
A roleplay based on the original "Crash" rp where people crash on a deserted island.
The Root's Rebellion
A fantasy roleplay where the people of Euris rebel against the reigning Nightwalkers.

Jayhawker010
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gazimu on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:03 pm

As if the tsunamis and typhoons and stuff weren't bad enough.

Imagine being in a naval battle with big waves smacking on the ship and having the water level go down and up?

Gazimu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm curious as to a good place to start - I don't fancy starting out on the other side of the planet.... interaction (eventually) with another group would be nice.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Florenai on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Yeah, I need to edit the places. I'll make you a quick list of things you want to know on each ocean.

Chosana Ocean
Although the Chosana is small, it is the most difficult ocean to pass because of salty waters and drinking it will make you very ill. Temperature here will rise very high, so unless you are prepared, do not try to enter the Chosana. Due to the extreme factors, other boats will be rare to encounter in this ocean. The only boats you'd encounter would be trading boats from Eutarymn to Suratan/Corosav, or other crews of course. The Northern area of Resnat is uncolonized for the most part, due to the extreme temperatures, despite being very up North. We can pretend like up north is a massive arctic sea. For the most part, dangers encountered in this ocean would be that it is a horrible ocean to be in if you are low on supplies. Josa is also in this sea, and it is pretty much an enterprise of creating new materials. They don't necessarily harvest raw ones, but raw ones from other countries are there and made into fancy crap. Also, Northwest in this territory is the ominous "Spiral of Mysteries". From afar, it looks like a constant thunderstorm and somewhat of a hurricane. People that have ventured in this area never come back. I suggest you don't go in there.

Teschato Ocean
This is the biggest ocean, and the most violent. People in this ocean are accustomed to such, they have built high walls. Oddly, all the waves in this ocean travel east, so colonies on the west sides of land will not encounter the waves as harshly. Traveling the ocean is easy if your boat is built for harsh encounters. However, travelling west on the ocean takes longer then east so it is difficult to reach Dilhana, Yurskota's capital. Traders from Dilhana usually travel across the continent west to the port town of Cailan, not shown on the map. There traders travel out for a quicker route. Waves are scattered in the Nima Archipelago because there is so many islands to stop the waves. And literally, hundreds of islands. One of the larger ones is ruled by an Aztec-like nation with the capital of Jaero, where my character Vema hails from. They are very behind in technology, but no one has bothered to attack because of the geological difficulty and they have very good defenses despite being so primitive. Occasional tsunamis will occur in this ocean, as well, but of course they all travel West. Expert traders know special routes to head East, too.

Naeron Ocean
The Naeron Ocean is a pretty basic one, it doesn't have that many surprised or unique features. However, south Naeron consists of a small archipelago and one of them has an island named Ariga. They could be compared to an East Asian society. Arigan silk is a very exquisite material and it is often traded to Corosav or Lenaira. Corosav is literally the trading port of the whole ocean. People from across the world trade there. Renor could be compared to Great Britain, culture-wise. The Kahna River cuts through the southern half of the continent, it is the largest river in Typhul. Its size fluctuates though, from being very wide to creek-size. It lacks many tributaries. One thing to watch out for in the Naeron is the occasional whirlpool or vortex. These mostly are small, but they can get large, engulfing galleons. Just so you know, the area around Corosav is very busy so you may want to navigate carefully. The famed Lighthouse of Corosav lights up the area at night so you know where it is! Renor has a strong military, and it often patrols the area around Corosav and another town, Hansa. Hansa has nothing really special about it.

Karona Ocean
This is an ideal ocean, mainly for traders. In this ocean, 70% of the world's fish is fished here. Fishing colonies are dotted around the archipelago that dominates the Northwestern part of the land. Escarachiuta is comparable to Greece in terms of culture, so many ancient monuments will be scattered in the land. It is the largest continent, and a lot of farming takes place here. Mainly farming corn and wheat, they also export a large amount of goods, while not importing much because Escarachiuta is very ideal country. There's not really much to say here, but you cannot travel in the archipelago without seeing a town. People of Escarachiuta are very caring and would help those in need, unlike Yurskothi scum. The Port town of Iba also exports to Eutarymn, but i forgot to show that on the map.

Hope this information helps, I will update places as I have more time.

As for sea monsters, I want to make this as close to reality as possible, not really anything fantasy.

@Jakob: Corosav is always a good place to start. Vema is actually headed towards Ariga, which is in the same ocean so interaction could be possible there.

Florenai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Statement on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Ah, seas of paradise. Good to see you kept it alive Forenai. Sorry about last time but after being ditched in middle of conversation in RP and left without a paddle "har har" I literally felt that my effort had just been dumped into the trash and so could not find the strength to carry on.

I might join if you let me, my only question are do we have to be human and can I join someones elses crew?

Statement
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gazimu on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:22 pm

I think it was stated a bit earlier of being human's only.

And yes, you may join someone elses crew as long as your character fits in with that crew's style.

(Don't be a navy sailor on a pirate ship, for example)

Gazimu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:15 pm

The Dead Ocean Drifters would love a crew member, provided you're not a stinking outlaw. :D

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gazimu on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:21 pm

^thats saying a lot, considering the background of the Captain xD

Gazimu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Walter Kelly on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Bonjour mes ami. Jakob there brought me a daylight injection, so I made it out of Raccoon with my life. Thus I offer him my services. Is there room in this rp and space in the Dead Ocean Drifters?

I will portray a Frechie. What country am I from? And I'll leave the minor details to myself and Jakob.
Last edited by Walter Kelly on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like Hack and Slash, FPS, my favorite's third person. Shotgun blast to some brains is my perversion.
Mixing up herbs, weapons upgrade, use the silencer if that shit's on fade....
President's Daughter has been kidnapped and it's up to me!

Walter Kelly
Member for 13 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Being unwelcome and looked down upon in your homeland is not the same as being an outlaw.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gazimu on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Its similar.

Outlaws aren't wanted or respected.
Being unwelcome and looked down upon somewhere is opposite of wanted and respected.

Gazimu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Florenai on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:10 pm

@Statement: Yes, you may join. You can join other crews.

@Walter: A "french" style area would be south Escarachiuta.

Florenai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Gazimu wrote:Its similar.

Outlaws aren't wanted or respected.
Being unwelcome and looked down upon somewhere is opposite of wanted and respected.

I understand your argument, but he's not going to be thrown in jail by anyone , neither does he have a bounty.

Really, that's all that Leon cares about in his crew.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gazimu on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:25 pm

If we have posted and then others posted afterwards, but no interaction with our character, may we post again with new actions?

Gazimu
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Florenai on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:29 pm

In most cases, you can post as long as long as you aren't two times in a row

Florenai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikruchystan on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:02 pm

Hey guys ive sent in my application and i was wondering if i could still join.

Ikruchystan
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Florenai on Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:36 am

I like your character, but I'd like you elaborate a bit more on the character. There's not enough info there, maybe add a couple sentences to each? thanks!

Florenai
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!