Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Hard of Heiring

Hard of Heiring

a part of “Hard of Heiring”, a fictional universe by tylisasweet.

*ON HIATUS* This roleplay is currently on hiatus. It may return later, it may be reborn later, or it may just fade out entirely and die... only time will tell. If you're interested in participating should it come back, pm me! :)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hard of Heiring”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Hard of Heiring

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tylisasweet on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm still here! :D
"Death cannot stop true love... all it can do is delay it for a while."
"Don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened."
"Life's a bitch and then you die."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

tylisasweet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Ok seriously. While I was gone you guys were posting like crazy, but now that I'm back nobody is posting... What the F guys...
"Serve the Emperor today. Tomorrow you may be dead." - Thought for the day

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Music on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Hello, this is 'MericanPie's sister again.

She would post herself, but she's just been so busy, she couldn't even log in this week. So I'm left with the task of letting you guys know that she's withdrawing from the RP. Could be temporary, but is probably permanent. She's gotten too busy with schoolwork and her new part as one of the main characters in her school play.

So... yeah. Sorry about that. I suggest NPCing her characters, so that she can post if she does end up having a spare weekend or returning. Personally, I'm more of a fan of killing off characters of departed RPers, but that's probably because I'm a demented and heartless writer.

~Music.

Music
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:12 am

That's kinda effed up... scary O.O

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IckyThePenguin on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:37 am

It seems to me that this whole roleplay has been run to the ground by simply bad luck.

In my opinion, perhaps the best way to revive this, if it was wanted, is to just scrap the whole thing and try again.

I really liked it all, but there's not much left even thought it barely got moving.
Lods of emone.

IckyThePenguin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:17 am

Icky.... just shut up... if we want any negative opinions we'll ask for them but in the mean time when is everybody free next? We are going to schedule this shit, find a day when everyone or at least most everyone is available, and we are going to play! This I swear! I apologize for my language, and to you icky for telling to shut up... but seriously.... stop being negative.

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tylisasweet on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:39 am

Hey guys... sorry that we've all sort of gotten to busy to do this, but I still want to do this roleplay, and I know you guys do, too. :/

@Music- thanks for letting us know!

@Icky- Well, yes... but many of the RPers also got busy (myself and 'Merican included) and were therefore unable to continue RPing. Although I understand why it may be beneficial to the RP itself to be reborn, I don't think it will have much luck even then. The topic I created, I think, is a little too involved for a time when many of us are working, in school, or busy in whatever ways. It seems silly to continue at a snail's pace, I agree. But I think that is what is doomed to happen. Frankly, I was having trouble getting on to check the progress (as you can see from my disappearance for the past week) due to my own business. So, if I were going to scrap the whole thing, as you suggested, I wouldn't start it up again until summer. Granted, I'll be busy even then (since that will be transfer year from high school to college), but I'll definitely have more time to RP, and so will many of the other users on that site. If I do end up killing this and bringing it back come summertime, I'll definitely be sure to PM you all with the info in case any of you want to return! I really enjoyed talking and writing with all of you guys-- you're all great, really-- and I didn't withstand tons of teasing from my friends about my "imaginary internet friends" (they aren't exactly the roleplaying type... :P) for nothing. So, it's definitely something to consider.
But, cha-kun, too has a point, and so... continuing...

@cha-kun- I can tell that you're really excited about this, and determined to keep it going. I am truly grateful for all of the faith and energy you've put into this little thing I created one evening because I was bored. :P Because you seem so interested in continuing, I will allow your scheduling thing to have a shot before I decide whether or not to shut the RP down until I can restart it with a freer schedule this summer.
And between Icky and cha-kun, let's try to keep things civil and pleasant. Negative attitudes are no fun, but it's also important to be realistic. Roleplaying is supposed to be a fun way to bring people together, not something to cause complaining, hurt feelings, anger, or anything of the sort and if I sensed a lot of negative energy among all of us, I would certainly scrap this Roleplay for something better able to achieve that purpose. :)

SO EVERYONE!!!
When will you be available to Roleplay? Are there any long weekends coming up when you could maybe get off work or school and devote a good portion of the day to getting our game on? Is Spring Break coming up for anyone? If you could make a list of all your currently available dates for, say, the month of March?... maybe we could, as cha-kun suggested, do some planning and figure out some days where we can do some rapid-fire roleplaying, and then leave it until the next date when a majority of us are available.
I can generally roleplay on either day of any weekend, so long as I have one day to complete any homework. My Spring Break runs from March 21 through the 25th, so any of those days would be great for me. What do y'all think? Please post your opinions on the issue of the roleplay's paint-drying pace, but be respectful to everyone else, and we'll make this decision together! :)

tylisasweet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IckyThePenguin on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:55 am

I'm practically available all day, er'ry day. Nothing stopping me from making a few posts through out a day. Which almost hardly matters when the two characters I'd likely be playing are completely separate from the main party.

What I meant by "bad luck" is the fact that we seem to have struck a time when many people suddenly went too busy.
That makes me worry about how many characters we're missing now.

IckyThePenguin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:46 am

@Everyone: I'm still around also! :) Works been sucking me dry. Seriously. Leeching my life. I don't even have weekends off. Usually, I have Monday's and Friday's off. March is going to be really busy. I've been trying to make an effort to not let myself fall into the writer's block pit. Not because I have no ideas about what I want to post, but more or less I'm exhausted when I get home. Erm, I'll try to post now though! -huggles-
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:31 pm

I'm still stubbornly clinging to the forums. I'm available most every day; although I have drama coming up, which means I'll be getting home later again, and I've also been tired lately, which means there will be days where I won't be around at all.

But still. Triumphant return, love and hugs, all that jazz.
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:29 am

Post my brothers! *ahem* and sisters...O.O srry my posts are so short all the time btw it's just tht someone else always sets the stage so all I can really do is post what my character says or does, which is usually dependant on what someone else says or does... tht and I'm relatively new to the RP scene XD hhhhherp....

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tylisasweet on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Ok... so basically the characters we have are Chira, Jo, Oliver, and Ekken. And that's it. Nobody else has posted in a month. As a result, I think you guys realize that I'm going to have to shut this down and postpone it for some other time... maybe come summer? I don't know. In the meantime, I hope all of you succeed in finding other roleplays that can keep you busy till then. I'll keep all of your user names and contact you if I ever do this roleplay... or any other... again! :)
Thanks for all the time you've devoted to this roleplay. I sincerely appreciate it.
But, for now, Hard of Heiring is over. :/

tylisasweet
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Noooooooooooo~. B-Buh, I love this RP. Urk, well, I'll still occasionally check it because I love you guys', and this RP, and all of the lovely characters. Tylly, if you make another RP, I'd be glad to join, so keep me in mind! It should be put on Hiatus until people are contacted (or until Summer, when people have more free time). Now that I'm in the groove with my new schedule, it's easier to reach me and I'm on every now and again. Keep in touch, folks!

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:37 pm

um is anyone interested in a warhammer 40k rp?
oh and..... T^T *all dramatic* ah, alas poor yorric i knew thee well...

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Guys I'm sorry. I've been in hospital for quite a while. Something to do with a vehicular mishap and pain. Lots of pain. I'm okay! And still alive! Though I have a metal hip (I think it's actually an augmentation that they've fitted me with, but I've yet to kick through any walls. :D :P)

I apollogise for not checking up on this often and for not letting anyone know why I've been away. Please don't run me off of this, because it's a grand group here and I'd hate to lose contact with you guys! If anyone starts something else please let me know. I don't want to just die on this forum and have this account become another ghost-link. Please let me know if anything happens!

Love you all!

Mwah! <3

EDIT: I posted something on the RP. Just to prove that I'm NOT some ghost-writer (terrible pun alert). So yeah. Let's not let this die. It's only been a week since the last post or so. I wanna get to the damn bridge!
"Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act." ~ Truman Captoe (1924 - 1984)

Irish
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Irishhhhh~ -dramatic, swooping hug amidst a field of flowers- That sounds horrible. And you have a metal hip? You're definitely half cyborg now, y'know that, right? Start trying to kick walls in, the next step is fighting villains in the street and taking names... FOR JUSTICE.

I think everyones' in the same boat, though I check this religiously. Well, not really. But whenever I'm on, I check it when I remember. So, if anyone returns (or if half return), I'll still be pumped to kick start this again. I haven't left and I'm not planning to leave this, because I love the characters, story, setting and adventure. I'll post to this tomorrow, or the next day, and we'll see what happens. Again, if YOU find anything Irish, be sure to invite me along for the journey.

Love love love you guys.

Ghost-writer. ;D Orwaith is forever destined to play his mandolin in Roleplay limbo.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lady Velvet on Sat May 07, 2011 4:28 pm

Oh noooooooo.

I was finally able to come back just to say hello, and I was hoping to see that this roleplay had thrived. This makes me sad. I suppose I will just wallow in sorrow and hope someone sees this post. -wallow-

Sadness consumes me.
"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone." - Pablo Picasso

Lady Velvet
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Fri May 27, 2011 3:28 pm

LADY VELVET. I feel your pain.

How've you been, m'dear?

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Fri May 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Hey, this OOC is still a little alive. Cool.

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 am

I'm considering starting my own Rp. If anyone's interested in joining let me know and I'll give a basic outline of wa'gwan. Nice to see there's a few of us still knocking about.

Irish
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!