Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ghostship

Ghostship

a part of “Ghostship”, a fictional universe by Irish Wolf.

The crew of a freighter comes across a mysterious ghostship

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ghostship”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Ghostship

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:45 am

I'll be gone most of next week for Mardi Gras. Happy Mardi Gras!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Your not going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras are you?
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cypher on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

I remain, as always. Say what you will, but there are certain advantages - very good advantages - to having no social life whatsoever.
From the depths, I return!

Cypher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:15 pm

What is the mardi gras in America?
-shot-
random tumblings from an erratic creator whose head is in the clouds of fantasy and imagination trying to decide which direction is south for the winter.

they-go
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:05 pm

New Orleans is a great place to go for Mardi Gras, however my home city of Mobile was the first to celebrate parades and we have a lot of old rich Mardi Gras societies that throw huge parades and parties every year. Besides, I can't be from Mobile and celebrate Mardi Gras in Louisiana, there's a lot of contention over the celebration between us.

7achary
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:52 pm

I would like to apologize in advance for this description, it's the only viable description for US Mardi Gras. Beads, Breasts, and Beer. It's a time to celebrate and ignore all inhibitions. There is virtually no crime during this time, though lots of things that are illegal are taking place. I'm sorry if this sounds like nothing you want to do, I assure you it is the single greatest time of year. The music is amazing, everyone is smiling, it's basically the only time in Mobile that you don't have to worry about getting mugged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardi_Gras

There is a religious element to it, but our Mardi Gras societies are usually steeped in the occult. So it's kinda different everywhere. I've heard that the first "Mardi Gras" as we celebrate it today was started in protest of the bourgeois by chasing chickens in some small town in Louisiana. The first parade celebration that Mardi Gras is famous for started in Mobile. We were the first capital of French Louisiana, named after a group of native Americans that lived in the area. This city has been a French, British, and Spanish colony. It was part of the Confederacy which gives us a total of five flags. Mobile is known as the city of Five Flags, and has gigantic International Festivals every year around spring break due to our huge prosperous port. We even have a Little Vietnam. I went to school there for a while in high school. The police don't go to Little Vietnam, and neither do most non-Asians. As dangerous as my beloved city is, it sparkles like a grand jewel amid the muck of Redneckia.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:30 pm

I'll be in the Bahamas next week. Woo Spring Break!!
Her fingertips, outstretched, sketched a farewell,
Her eyes, downcast, asked when I would return.
And I replied, "What traveler went forth
Who knew the fate God had in store for him?"

-Unattributed, quoted in al-Abshihi (d. 1446), Al-mustatraf

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:12 pm

Lucky St :/

And sounds like fun, 7.
I can't wait to go to America, and the UK. And everywhere -sighs wistfully-

Huh. From now on every time I think of New Orleans/Louisiana/Several other states I think..

Sookie Stackhouse, Bon Temps and Anita Blake
-shot-

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 7achary on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Fret not, for I have returned from much debauchery and emptying of coffers. I have come to lead us to the holy land, where we will eat cheetos and watch MASH marathons until the end of time or we get bored and do something else.

7achary
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:12 pm

CHEETO RINGS?
>>"
And cherry earings?

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:41 am

Back!

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:17 pm

WElcome back !

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:08 am

Word.

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:42 pm

Young America and Old Ireland!

Anyways, a post will be coming from me tomorrow. I got a new wireless card for my desktop and I was about to get my Steam account back. Damn you Team Fortress 2 and more recently, Shogun 2 Total War!

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby they-go on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:04 pm

I wish we got updates in subs when someone posted IC -._

they-go
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Reianna on Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:16 am

Dead?
don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars.

Reianna
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!