Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Power Rangers: Knights of the Round

Power Rangers: Knights of the Round

a part of “Power Rangers: Knights of the Round”, a fictional universe by Xeynar.

The spirits of the legendary Knights of the Round Table reawaken in the form of a new Power Ranger team!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Power Rangers: Knights of the Round”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Power Rangers: Knights of the Round

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:40 pm

One of the things I've always held true when I look at Roleplays is the idea that the GM(s) are the "computer"(albeit one that can be talked into things) and the players, are well, the players.

A GM creates a world, or a least a plot if it's not an original world, and then people say, "hey, that sounds like fun" and they join.

I personally wouldn't mind if this fight went on for pages. The main reason we wanted to end it was so that we could get to Wind's character, not because we were sick of anything. This is the only reason I didn't say, "Yes. Edit your posts, the fight continues". I was thinking of the other players, and personally wanted to get them away from Eric so he could chew the scenery on his own and let the others get some time to do something.

Protoman X, I think, got the nail on the head: People got impatient. That doesn't change the fact that the only person who got to do anything even remotely significant to Mordred was Eric. This does not change the fact that we changed the plot to accommodate for Eric's need to see if his family and friends were okay.

Yes, Twili and Skittle haven't been around. I seem to be the only person who is not annoyed by this. But let's face it. As far as we know, they feel the same way Imperial does but didn't bother to say so before they left.

Or Skittle forgot to pay her internet bill and she'll come back on the third of April and go "Oh fuck, the RP blew up. I was enjoying it too."

Now, going back a bit, the main reason I'm so patient with people in regards to posting is that I know that the more other people post between, say, my posts, the more time I have to eat. And when this happens in combat scenarios it pisses me off because it makes my character look retarded.

Example: In my mind, my last post created a distraction, drawing Mordred's attention to my character, creating an opening for Micky and Cami to attack him, jointly, from behind. I did not want to post again until this happened.

However, dig posted, pulled a number of minions out of thin air, ignored the existence of Cami entirely, "saved" Micky( when before his post there was nothing to save her FROM), and then pulled Mordred's attention back to himself, removing the chance for an attack from behind from anyone. Anyone except Athena. Athena, who was still on her feet and ready to strike or defend, didn't get to act because dig posted again, before I even saw Standard's post, and defeated Mordred.

All while bleeding rather badly.

This, as I stated before, is bad roleplaying. I don't care what reason or excuse you give. That's what it is.

I honestly don't blame Imperial for leaving, or Skittle and Twili if they left as well. We should have been stricter. Yes. I said stricter. We should have put a leash on Eric. Made him edit some of his posts and boot him from the game if he didn't. He selfishly prevented other characters from acting and took every opportunity to make himself look the hero, all while claiming that he was doing what was good for the RP and "trying not to write a Gary Stu".

Let me tell you something dig. You failed. Miserably.

If people are willing to come back, including you standard, I would be grateful.

If people are not, then I will happily, for the first time in my life, declare an RP FAILED and DEAD.
Last edited by Makokam on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Good and Evil" is too complicated. I prefer, "Us and Them".

"Munchkin: One who, on being told that this is a game about politics and intrigue in 17th century Italy, asks to play a ninja."

Hero or Villain? Savior or Destroyer? Model Citizen or Public Enemy? Who do you Wannabe?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Makokam
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:07 am

I hate/loathe leaving a roleplay once I've joined, so I'll stick around. I just wished none of this would have happened. There were so many plans laid out that would have been awesome to watch unfold.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Joker on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:26 am

I haven't formally left yet, the main purpose of my post being to get everyones attention that if we didn't do something and resolve our differences then we would loose people. Your responses go to prove one of my points, that you guys argue a lot about this RP and accomplish little for both sides. From what I can gather, some of you have taken this a tad personally when there was no need to. The roleplay is far from unsavable, the problem is primarily here.

That being said, I'd like to clariffy what I said about dig. Dig is not a bad roleplayer, its a well written character and although he uses more details than necessary in my opinion, he still writes well. What I don't like is Eric as a power ranger, he has the heart but he just doesn't seem to have the proper mindset. Fighting the way he is would make more sense later in the story, when Mordred separates him from us and tries to torture him with memories of what he could not prevent. (hypothetical but cool idea) The only mistake dig made as a roleplayer is that he didn't pace himself, he had all these great idea he tried to get out now instead of saving them for when the story called for them.

I haven't given up yet, my faith has just been shaken a but. If you guys can just settle your differences, stop throwing insults around, and dig edit his last post I'll gladly continue playing.

Imperial Joker
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:46 am

I would like to say that despite the feeling of betrayal Imperial's post has left me with, I want to make it clear that I fully stand behind the statements made in my last post.

Makokam
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imperial Joker on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:10 am

I did not mean to try and counter your point, he did make mistakes, but insulting each other will get us nowhere. I just wanted people to know I don't blame dig for all of this, like my first post seemed to suggest.

Imperial Joker
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Okay, just to let you all know, I have been around, and been watching. However, I set my character up to get noticed, yet, she's pretty much ignored. I'll still post if this can be fixed, which i think because of Dig's whole ending scene with Mordred, I've set her up nicely. I'm sorry that i can't do such elaborate posts as some of you can, but i find it very tiring to see long winded 33 paragraph posts to say only a little, and on top of that, I'm in college. i have other priotities, Roleplaying being a very low one at that. RPG.com is just a hobby, and i don't have much time for it. if this is not okay with you guys, i will drop this rp, but other than that, i would like to continue.
~ The North Remembers ~

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Xeynar on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Nobody's going to vote, it seems. I kind of figured that would happen, but oh well, at least you guys won't have to deal with the alternative I suggested in the discussion in which a vote was decided on, which was use this opportunity to revise the RP entirely. So yeah, that's something to think about.

I know reboots are never the popular thing to do, but what can I say? I was a bit frustrated with my own position in the IC (something I brought upon myself, mind you) as well as feeling terrible that Wind hasn't got to do any sort of IC stuff yet in the month or so the IC thread has been opened, which to me just seemed like a terrible thing to do to someone.

Xeynar
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:22 pm

It's fine Protoman, I did enjoy reading the IC posts and if you do a reboot I'll be sure to bring back my characters. I told you, I don't leave an RP once I've joined. The only time I'd ever leave an RP is if the GM removes me or cancels the RP.

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Right.

It's after the limit I set. Skittle, however, has not shown her(?) face. Surprisingly, neither has dig.

By all accounts I should, stake, behead, burn, and scatter this RP at a crossroads.

However, I'm surprised by the interest in continuing that has been shown.

So, I'm going to set a new deadline.

10am PST, Monday, April 4th.

If, by this point, dig has not edited his last two posts so that they properly account for other peoples posts, I will kill the RP.

If he does, but Skittle has not been seen in either thread, then we will continue, but with Cami under the control of Protoman.

Hopefully, dig will edit his posts, and Skittle will reappear.

I will leave you all with this little nugget to chew on.

You can be a good writer. You can be a good Roleplayer. But being one does not make you the other.

Makokam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StandardFiend on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:22 am

Quick note to Twili:
I edited my post so Mordred does not fight with your character. Also, Dig's post is currently considered invalid since the scene we set up is being erased. You might want to hold off on responding until he gets his edit done.

Mako, what was wrong with Dig's previous post, if you don't mind my asking? I thought it was the current one we were concerned with.

O heart, lament not, for this world is only metaphorical.
O soul, grieve not, for this abode is only transient.

StandardFiend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Contributor Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CNAGamer on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:12 am

Oh go figure...*sigh* This is why i don't like using a completely different page for the actualy Roleplay and the OOC. If you would just use the Activity tab, people would have followed these ideas a lot more easily. That's just my opinion. But if someone wants to tale Michaline, be my guest. I don't have time for a roleplay of this complications.

CNAGamer
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wei_Wuxian on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:58 pm

So if Dig doesn't change his post by Monday, you'll close the RP? Even though there is still salvageable interest in continuing?

Wei_Wuxian
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Makokam on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:29 pm

StandardFiend, dig's second to last post created "squadrons" of Skelleknights out of thin air, which he then saved Twili's character from. He also ignored Skittles' character when she was standing right next to Twili's. To sum up, it was inconsistent with the four posts preceding it.

Winds... Yes. Yes I will. Despite what seems to be the popular opinion, we have made changes and accommodations for dig's character. However he continues to eat up screen time, preventing other players from doing much anything. I've reached the end of my tolerance for it and if I don't see a sign of him changing that, by editing his posts, then I'm done with this.

Makokam
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dig17 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm gonna need another day or so to edit my post, I'm swamped with work.

dig17
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skittle_Overlord on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:02 am

Just to let you know, I have been frequenting th ooc and IC, to prevent my ragin all over the place, I stopped myself from posting ANYTHING. Dig's character is all 'I'm a super-star', and PX is so hugely mean it makes me wonder how I actually kept reading.

I am done with this roleplay, this was....a catastrophe. And I'd rather not rant and go into details, bu yah, this was the worst roleplay I have ever seen, at least the one-liner people get along.

Skittle_Overlord
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!