Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Other Reality

The Other Reality

a part of “The Other Reality”, a fictional universe by Maeve.

When Dark, Light, and Evil reign, a select few are chosen to represent the entities in a battle of good vs. evil. Their choices could help decide the fate of the universe. (Full) but **Will always accept good characters. /Male/**

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Other Reality”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Other Reality

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:08 pm

2 characters max. If you think you can handle it, go ahead and make Forbes. I'd be happy to resreve the spot. (:

@TheHappyHag: kinda digging the name, lol. Yes I can reserve Anil for you.

@UltraRik: STOP POSTING IN ACTIVITY. I'd understand one or two posts introductory, maybe, but posting random stuff on the wall when I have not posted the beginning is just rude. I've said I will start the posting, specifically, when all character spots are filled or accepted. Anything you have to say can be said here. If you have a problem, talk to me, or say it HERE. Get it together, dude.
Ask questions. Ask away. I'll be here all day. I <3 Questions. With a PASSION.
You have no social life...
SHUT UP VOICE!

The Other Reality"
Always accepting!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Maeve
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Hey Maeve, I'm interested with your roleplay, but I had a few questions:
  • What time period does this take place in?
  • If i make a reaaaaally good new character, would you accept it, even if it's not in your powers list? (I'll give it weaknesses and all)
  • Actually, those are all the questions, I just like the way these bullets look. :3
  • Bullet.

When life gives you lemons, Make apple juice.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:50 pm

Ok you have to tell me how to make bullets that looks amazing.

is it like
[bullet] This? [/bullet]

Hmmm....
& The time period is a bit of a mix-and-match, with current themes like cell phones and iPods, but also popular for use are scythes, axes, knifes, ect., and there are no cars/current modes of transportation, only walking; nor guns because I hate how cold and...well, boring, they are. So a medival-current mixture.
Yes, I would except a phenomenal character if it isn't on the powers list, but believe you me, it has to be brilliantly well-developed. But go right ahead- your chances are also increased by the fact that I love creativity, and ORIGINAL characters. :3

Maeve
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:56 pm

ok, and the secret for bullets is bracket-asterisk-bracket [ * ] [*] but you must put it in between two lists
so basically replace the parenthesis with brackets

(list)
(*)
(/list)

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:00 pm

And I will work extra hard on it, though ill understand if i get rejected seeing as how It is a new character you didnt originally have.

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 pm

• I don't think I'm doing it right. Oh well. :3 And the positions open are Atropine and Forbes.

EDIT: YES HAHA VICTORY!

Maeve
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheHappyHag on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:47 pm

Maeve wrote: @TheHappyHag: kinda digging the name, lol. Yes I can reserve Anil for you.

I'm glad your digging my name. There is a whole story on the reason I came up with it... Anyway, I look forward to playing with ya'll.. Its been a longtime since I played.
Adversity is the first path to truth. - Lord Byron
It's time you met the monster that you have helped create. - Meet The Monster - Five Finger Death Punch
Only equals speak the truth. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of regard. - Stephen King

TheHappyHag
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:55 pm

I look forward to playing with everyone here. Got some awesome RPers. I've got time for a story...kinda.

@AxelZero93: Okay, I caved and accepted your character, but gave his powers a few minor tweaks. Like only controlling lightning, instead of plain-out electricity. Somehow that limits his powers...right? He's now... /pause dramatically/ ..Baraq. Anyways, your Zeus story is fine. They don't even have to be from EARTH, but they can be from some....god-like.. world. Y'know?

I'm going to tweak some of my NPC's or just Khalid in general, because we have a lot of fighters/trouble-makers/evildoers but no shy, nice people. Which is why Khalid will probably morph into that person, to even the diversity. We'll start as soon as someone becomes Forbes.

Maeve
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fallen on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:05 pm

I can double and make a forbes if you want. Not this moment though since im on my phone lol. But yeah Id like forbes if still available.

Fallen
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:08 pm

so wait do i just change Zaines name to baraq or he blanks i left, also, how does the tweak alter him? if lightning is electricity? (Just to clarify cuz im sorta confuddled XP)

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:39 am

@Fallen: Yeah, sure, you can double. Anna's good.

@Axel: Sorry I'ma just call you that 'cause I nickname people; um, no you don't have to change the name. Baraq is your character just like Issam is Khalid. [Check the 'roles' if still confused.] And...well.. I consider lightning more of plasma than electricity, so technically he could control plasma such as lava as well as lightning, but if that isn't accurate enough, then just say he could control electricity in his normal world, but in The Other Reality, the electricity has some kind of quality that makes it unmanageable.

Since all spots are now full, we may begin. :D
I'll make the first post tonight or tomorrow.

Maeve
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Hey! What sort of spots are open to RP since all of the powers are taken? I'd love to make another male RPer, but I'm not sure how he'd fit into the story.

Eskay
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:57 pm

@Eskay: You can make another power if you wish, just like Axel did. But it has to be well-developed, and have some relativity to the story. Maybe he could be some long-lost brother of one of the characters. You can collaborate with other players to create some drama. If he's great, I'll add him to the list.

Maeve
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Ok, And quick fact just to be a smart ass and bust your chops: Lava is a liquid, while fire is a plasma. :) And ok ill do that, as for the nickname, everyone calls me that lol (On site since my real name isnt axel... or zero... or 93...)

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:28 pm

ABR= Automated... bunny... rabbits?

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks Maeve, I'll have that in sometime tommorow for ya!

Eskay
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Im sorry i havent posted, i just dont know enough info to make a post, do we get sucked into the other reality right away... or.. wat?

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dawnfire07 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:44 pm

I think most characters have already been sucked in Axel... I'm just waiting to see if anyone will reply to my post. I was hoping Maeve would follow Monique, or someone would just pop up there. But I guess I really didn't leave room for others to jump in...
ImageImageImageImage

dawnfire07
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:08 am

Sorry guys, I'm going to be gone for a few days- heading to Phoenix.
Firstly, I have an important question- Axel, would you mind being the Co-GM? I need someone to help me keep this RP going, & I feel bad because I'm gonna be gone. :)
You either have been in the Other Reality for a while or are just getting sucked in. I prefer we start in The Other Reality simply because it'll get the RP moving faster. Also, feel free to post anytime, you like, even if I'm not here.
That brings me to another thing- I'm in multiple active RPs, which is why I may not check or update here for two or three days at a time. Sorry, but that's the way it is. :3
And all the characters don't have to all be together. They can break off and do their own things and whatnot.
You all just POP UP somewhere or another- a dumpster or the cafe or inside a voo-doo shop. Have fun with this. :P

FEFEFEFEFE

I'm going to post again tomorrow- dawn, I'll pick it up from there if nobody's going to post yet. It's late here. I should really be finishing that dang homework before falling asleep in my bed....

Maeve
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:01 pm

Alright, No problem, quick question, the Other reality, what is it like and are there any people who inhabit it and how advanced are they? And you may want to PM me on where you were planning to go with this (Not the whole thing of course but just enough to keep us occupied until you return)

Ill get my first post in today or tomorow I was just abit confused as to how we are doing this.

On another note,
Where is everyone? We've got one person besides maeve whos posted... -_-

Also if we get that far, what will we be going against?

Edit: Your best bet is to just PM me on things i should definitely know about the other reality, (Government, (if any), Inhabitants, you already told us about the level of technology, main conflict and how it will be confronted and perhaps, where's the first place we should go, just in case. oh and the topography and if there are inhabitants, are they civilized? (cities and stuff and what their like) thanks.

AxelZero93
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!