Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Multiverse Faction, Locations and map thread.

a topic in People and Places, a part of the RPG forum.

Character biographies, journals, connections, and other reference guides for any in character information necessary for your players!

The Multiverse Faction, Locations and map thread.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:35 am

So, I've finally decided to make an official map to help alleviate the issues that many people in the Multiverse have with the exact location and placements of the factions throughout the it. There have been several, one of which I have created, that have been tossed around but in all honesty I've discovered that many of these maps just aren't very logical. Upon the realization that the Milky Way galaxy alone is 100,000 light years across (a massive distance, no matter who you are), I think it's time that an official or at least recognized map of the Multiverse factions is created. I'm open to adding any and all factions that want to be placed on the map; and I would prefer that anyone who has even NPC nations or factions for their characters put a request up for their location, hopefully we'll be able to make a comprehensive map of the known galaxy and it's location.

Here is the current map that I'll be using. In my image editor, it's obviously much larger, because it does correspond to the size of a galaxy after all. This particular chart uses a well-tested and tried galactic coordinate system. As is, there are four known factions existing in the Milky Way, with two others existing outside of it. The galaxy is a very large place, and I'll have to say that when put in comparison to the grand scale, your faction will not appear very large on the map; take into consideration, however, that there is anywhere from 1 - 100 billion planets in the galaxy alone, a majority of those existing within the habitable zone of the nearly 500 billion stars. I'm looking forward to mapping out the galaxy in comparison to the Multiverse, and if there is anyone that is contemplating of joining the NRP scene of the MV, I hope this will be the jumping point where you can become involved.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Update 1

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AzricanRepublic on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:40 pm

Here is the first update of the map. I spent a good >2 hours on Paint.Net, so I apologize if everything's rather crummy and unrefined. I've decided to number the nations, rather than name them directly on the map. I know the text is small, but that's because the image has been resized several times. So, without further a due, I'm going to provide a download link for anyone that would like to see the map in it's insanely unrealistic size. Here is the link to the Megaupload; I would suggest having a very good image viewer.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AzricanRepublic
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal Group Theory Person of Interest Salesman

Re: The Multiverse Faction, Locations and map thread.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alasund on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:28 pm

Hrmm. I haven't really put too much thought into where the DC were before this...>.>
Verdant plains and cold dark night. I have nothing more but silence.

Alasund
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!