Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Chronicles of Varnic: Calitora Prime

The Chronicles of Varnic: Calitora Prime

a part of “The Chronicles of Varnic: Calitora Prime”, a fictional universe by Entity of Sin.

CoV: Calitora Prime is a roleplay designed to deliver an epic dark fantasy experience rich with political turmoil, wars between neighboring nations, civil unrest, ethical dilemmas, and a world plunged into a state of hatred, destruction, and terror.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Chronicles of Varnic: Calitora Prime”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Chronicles of Varnic: Calitora Prime

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed May 25, 2011 3:35 pm

I didn't post in the right location either. Just try to remember. It's a good habit to get into but I'm not going to make it into a big deal either.

I'll get to reading everyone's new posts now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Everyone is doing surprisingly well in the roleplay so far with their posts. Length is great, quality is great. God damn.. I'm going to drink a beer to being able to pick the correct roleplayers.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Just so everyone knows, I'm working on bringing a fifth person into the roleplay. This should add a little more content to everyone's posts and provide more material for all of us to work off to make our own posts.

The idea behind the character I want to introduce is a soldier that deserts the Riv'nar legions to join the rebels because he/she believes that the horrific living conditions, treatment, and overall perceptive the nobles (high born and most of the low born) have of the peasants and commoners. Basically got fed up with serving a military to a country that no longer would be considered honorable, respectful, etc. and wants to change the country back to the days of glory and honor that it once was in that character's perception of past experiences. Also, this character is going to be bonding with Artanis as well and probably following him around. This is going to open up some plot devices later on in the roleplay that wouldn't normally have opened up.

So please post your comments regarding this idea. I would like to get some feedback from all of you.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:37 pm

Hello, I am very excited to hear you are looking to add another person to your group! Please let me know what I need to do in order to join. Thank you! =)

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:01 am

I'm not sure where you came from but I have a personal policy of not recruiting people for my roleplays who registered on the site and haven't built up a resume of experience by being active in other people's roleplays. I screen everyone to make sure I keep as many potential bad apples out of my roleplays as possible.

Don't take offense to this. It's just how I and a few others manage their roleplays since the success rate is in the single digits.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:57 am

This post is no longer important.
Last edited by Selene Durlan on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:29 am

It's really late for me so I'll try and keep this brief.

http://crypticworlds.ietherpad.com/10

The above etherpad has all the information you need. You want to prove yourself, here's your chance. I'm very hard to please and impress but I'll let my co-GM also look at your sample work. So if you want to be in the roleplay, you'll have to jump through a few hoops before you can get in. Just let me know when you've completed your sample and I'll take a look at it with my co-GM.

I'm going to get some sleep now. I have some photoshop tutorials I need to render tomorrow. @_@

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:35 am

Hey, Selene. There are LOTS of role-plays around that certainly have decent literacy, control and nice people involved. I am at present involved in two, with a possible third. You shouldn't need to beg to get into one. If you are as good as you say you are, which I believe you are, then you should be welcomed into decent role-plays.

Just pointing out that this role-play isn't the only one around here that is decent, I'm advising you to take a look around before you condemn this site. I've been around for a while and I know there are some very Awesome writers.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:37 am

Whew! I'm gonna regret staying up this late tomorrow morning. ;) Thank you very much for this opportunity.

I'm sorry if the example RP is a bit too long, I got carried away....I even have more if you'd like to see it? Hehe!

Don't stay up and read it tonight, I'm more than happy to wait till tomorrow for a response.
Last edited by Selene Durlan on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GourmetItalia on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:35 pm

Templar Warden, although your post does cover some fine points, I would ask, with respect to Entity and his story that you reserve your thread search encouragements to the PMs. I know this might seem a bit harsh, but you're in the yellow zone regarding thread advertizing and that can be disrespectful to the GM and his hard work. Not picking on you or anything and I don't mean any hard feelings, just minding some consideration for Entity 8).

GourmetItalia
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Selene..

I just got woken up by my co-GM about your 'sample'. He says its solid and I just skimmed over it. I'm trusting his word on this one.

You can go ahead and make the character idea for the roleplay that I need. I originally was going to make the character myself and use it myself but having someone else use the character is better for me.

*continues brushing his teeth*

Seems you're into lycans and vampires; which I have nothing against. In fact, quite the opposite.

Anyways, you can go ahead and work on the character profile now and get it submitted to me. I'll work on a brief summary of what's gone on so far unless you want to read all the posts to get updated on the roleplay's current events. You don't have to rush the character profile. So please, take a little bit of time. In my roleplays I never require more than a single post a week from people since I have a lot of other stuff during the week that requires my attention, like my youtube channel, so don't worry about getting your character profile to me within the hour. There isn't some kind of deadline but I certainly don't want you taking an unusual amount of time about it.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:03 pm

I know this is a double post but.. a good way to contact me is in the RPG Chat. Basically you would click RPG Chat and then The Multiverse to get into the OOC chat room on the site. A lot of people use it and it's also another great way to get to know everyone. I may not talk a lot in there but asking if I'm around helps because I check on the chat room periodically when I'm at the computer working on projects.

I'm hoping, after you proved your abilities, that you become a regular in chat and possibly in any of my future roleplays (I even am toying with the idea of working on another one).

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:06 pm

You bet I'd be happy to join if you started another RP.

How should I best insert myself into the current story line? =)

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:18 pm

Once the character is accepted into the roleplay, you'll be able to using the Posting tab of the roleplay to submit your posts. I suggest using some kind of word processor to type up your post first.

To integrate the character into the roleplay, I suggest having her walk into the tavern scene and walking to the bar for a drink to relax her nerves or something. That's the best way to integrate her into the story at this point. I can ask Gourmet to have his character take notice of her and suggest a few things to him. Right now we're trying to conclude the scene in the tavern and get to the meat and potatoes of the first chapter.

For specific detail of what each chapter is about, check the Places tab for additional information.

EDIT: Approved the character.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:38 pm

If anyone saw the person's post that was negative and pretty much spam, it was reported and deleted.

Sorry, if any of you saw it. I'm kind of annoyed that someone had the nerve to randomly post in someone's OOC thread and make claims that the roleplay needs more people in it, more characters, etc. and that one of my guidelines is deterring people away.

I hope that person sees this post of mine and realizes how idiotic they are. They don't know what they're talking about and trying to tell a veteran roleplayer, with over a decade of experience, how to manage one. It's laughable, disrespectful, and I hope that person understands how stupid their behavior has been.

On another note, I do hope everyone can get their posts up soon. I'm not sure where Oxy is right now but we can power play her character along until she gets back. Giving her an extended amount of time to get back into the roleplay or she's out. Her character doesn't old a valuable role right now so it works out.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:16 pm

You go Entity! =)

I'm ready to roll out boss, man, sir. Just waiting for Gourmet to post first. =)

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:58 am

Yeah, I talked to him about his post and everything over Steam (video game client on PC) about the posts. Not sure when he'll have his up. After him and you, I'll probably get mine up. Really want to get to the meat and potatoes of Chapter 1.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:25 pm

Oooo! Thought of this idea last night. So, sometime while they are traveling, Kimber goes to wash herself in a nearby river/creek alone (for obvious reasons. lol), but there are bandits on the other bank. She is without any weapons and only wearing a thin dress shift, they cross and attack.

I was thinking maybe she could reach her sword in time, but the dress keeps wrapping around her legs making it impossible to run and fight properly, and Artanis comes to rescue her, hearing the fight with his awesome elf ears! =D
Or Kimber doesn't reach her sword in time and is grabbed by a bandit, who she proceeds to kick and scratch, which is rather useless since he is much stronger than she. Artanis would be more the hero in this version. I think this will give Artanis and Kimber a great bonding moment. What do you think? =)

I also wanted to ask if there is going to be possible romance between Kimber and Artanis or Gamaliel? =) Hehe!

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Uh.. I can talk things over with Gourmet regarding her being attacked by bandits. That idea.. kind of is random to be honest.

I thought I already went over with you the particulars of why you were brought into this roleplay with that specific type of character: to bond with Artanis. Romance is always a possibility, but it isn't going to be a heavily focused or emphasised part of the roleplay. I also don't think she would get as much out of the romantic relationship as she would want as Gamaliel is too busy trying to recruit an army, manage it, and then plan military plans to start a civil war. Now Artanis on the other hand just cares about swinging his sword around, becoming a stronger warrior (at all costs mind you), and basically testing his abilities in combat against only the strongest opponents.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:04 pm

=P Fine. Guess I forgot my place there for a moment. I of course serve at your pleasure Entity.

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!