Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Ventrue

Ventrue

a part of “Ventrue”, a fictional universe by Seraph.

A modern day gangster-style role-play that's gritty, dark, and full of suspense.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ventrue”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Ventrue

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:59 pm

We had Nick and Vivian sleep in where as others got up early. What time do we want to catch everyone up to?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Korrye
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delkura on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:20 pm

I think I am gonna leave my characters to someone else, I can't keep up with the high standards and I hate having to play in a roleplay where NOTHING happens. See ya.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Delkura
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Ouch.

I wouldn't say nothing has happened. Cars have blown up. People have died. There's betrayals in the works, heists planned, shoot-outs committed. A shit ton of events have happened, a lot more than other roleplays. As the roleplayer you're the one who's responsible for getting your character into the action. Then people will interact. Seraph was in the hospital. Some things can't be controlled. Patience is everything.

Best of luck elsewhere.

Korrye
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delkura on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:49 am

This has nothing to do with real life, its just that the GM insists that EVERYTHING must be done in extreme detail and as a result of that it drags on far to much. I had these awesome ideas for what could happen in the story, but it seems like I wouldn't be getting there because of the linear progression that Seraph has planned and his high standards he places on his posts. Feel free to use Elliot and Simon if you want.

Delkura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:05 pm

my name is mike im wills friend hes in the hospital and in severe condition so i dunno when he'll be getting back on he ovrdosed i only got on cause he had this login saved i guess but hes in the hospital

"When I see you lately I'm wondering on White roses, caskets Your name on a stone."

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Hey guys, this is Will. Sorry for any worry I may have caused. I am back now, with relatively few side effects. I just posted as Al.

Seraph
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Delkura on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Now that you are here, I just wanted to say sorry that it had to come down to me leaving but I simply don't have the patience to go along with a plot where it takes to long for anything to happen. Not just that but you didn't even message me back about the idea I had which makes it even less motivating to continue.

Delkura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:33 am

Well, I appreciate your apology Delkura. As for your ideas--they really didn't fit with the story. What's the English mafia gonna do to a Sicilian-based Mafia that, although splintered between two heirs now legally one heir that technically rules the most powerful consumer run country? And an organization that's just as feared as much as the Cosa Nostra simply because they can access black market deals? The Russians are known to be at the top. It just doesn't make sense. As for the pimps and other such characters, that would be fine for Nickolai's crew, but Nicodemus runs the head of states, senators and congressmen, he has the SS(Secret Service) in his pocket and can execute the president like the Praetorians did many a Emperor of Rome.

People like this RP the way that it drags out longer. That way its linear and doesn't jump all over the place. There is a clear focus around the brothers, but many subplots around their men. Natalia, Duncan, and Nick for example have a love triangle going on. Its a tri-fecta of emotions. Lilliana likes Nicodemus but Alphonse gave her assurances that her family would be well protected from the super cell called Majestic 12. Vivian likes Alphonse, granted its more of a vicious little game between two hyper lethal agents. But it all comes down to the two brothers.

Everyone else likes it, I can't change it for one person. I'm a pretty fair guy but I know what I want. If that bothers you, I am sorry. Your ideas just don't fit.

Seraph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korrye on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 pm

So sorry about the chat posts showing up on the in character board. I had zero intention of that happening. I'm working on deleting them.

Korrye
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blue Bonnets on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:50 am

I just wondering if your still accepting characters, and if so what kind of characters are you looking for. I don't want to make a character that doesn't make sense, that wont be of any help to the plot. If you could let met know that would be great. This looks like an RP I would like. The whole modern Italian mafia sounds interesting.
Awws you know its cute

Blue Bonnets
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blue Bonnets on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Okay thanks Seraph. I don't know why but for some reason I can't send message right now. I'm gonna take a look and see how the story is going. But seeing as there are allot of characters with ulterior motives. I think I'm gonna through someone who is just a little on the innocent side. I hope that's okay I was thinking of trying to balance it out a little. I'll make the character and you can let me know. I've got plenty of time on my hands so I try my best. And I don't think your weird for looking at my profile first lol.

Blue Bonnets
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:25 pm

What you could do, Bonnet. Is wait till Act 2 I'll be time skipping a few months and no one will have heard from Nickolai. I need someone in the Russian Mafia cause well, everyone who joined that part kinda gave up on it. Perhaps due in part to them being very inactive in part one as they are still just a minor nuisance. In Act 2 they will be very active.

lol. Okay. People are sometime weird about their profiles. They think you're stalking them or something.

Seraph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blue Bonnets on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:36 pm

LOL okay well I guess I can wait I was in the middle of making her and I hit the wrong button and well that went to hell. I was almost done to dang it, I can run it past you here if you like it I can change her up to fit in with the Russians I didn't plan on being one but I'll be able to fill needed roles. Any way just let me know, the character was going to be the daughter of a illegal weapons dealer that provides Venture with their fire power. They were having a dilemma because they didn't want to pick sides between the brothers. I noticed that Nickolai just messed up a bar really bad and thought that might be a way to bring in my character. By having her father own that bar, and them kind of taking him in and taking care of him cause from what I read he was pretty beat up and hadn't stopped yet. But that would be up to you I can actually do two characters if you like that idea. I said before I have allot of time on my hands. And Im not going anywhere anytime soon my doctor would jump me if she found out I was doing allot. So Im stuck being bored till I have this kid and I still have four months to go.And if people freak out about you looking at their profile why do they have them???? I just don't get some people oh well.

Blue Bonnets
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Well the arms dealer would certainly go along with the Russians pretty well. Maybe her father could work as a dealer for the Russians to get their armament. It is the job of a weapon supplier to find away to smuggle the weapons into sometimes dangers territory. Lord of War is an excellent movie that documents weapon smuggling very well. The bar however, is owned by Nickolai as it is apart of one of his hotels--which due to Nicodemus belong to Nico because Nick is on the record as being dead in the explosion of the mansion.

Seraph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blue Bonnets on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:02 am

"Ah I see" said the blind man to the deaf woman over the telephone. Okay I guess I can do the dealer for the Russians thing I'll get to work on it ASAP. I just wanted a girl character that can use just about any weapon you put in her hand. But as I'm seeing everybody is quite proficient, I just like the fact of a girl that can take a gun apart put it back together and have it work better. But I really don't want to be Russian? Can they not be Russian and work for them. I know that sounds like a stupid question but I'm curious. But I believe there is no such thing as a stupid question just mistakes made by not asking them. And If you don't mind the girl and her father could still take him in and care for him even though they work for the Russians. Like I said up to you, I'm just throwing out ideas so my character fits better into the story line. I don't want to have a character that's kind of out on the side lines doing their own thing cause I'm to damn anal to get with story.

Blue Bonnets
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blue Bonnets on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:59 am

Okay Seraph I made her you tell me if she's alright or whether I need to edit. But so far your Rp is the only one that I have tried to join so far that shows any promise. I just hope she'll fit in, I went on ahead she's not officially Russian, but I didn't think that it was a really big deal whether she was or not. Ive never actually done RP thing before but I wrote stories allot when I was in high school. Also I know you put a rule on the Russian should have Russian guns but she's not officially Ventrue or Russian.

Blue Bonnets
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraph on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:14 pm

I liked her, she is accepted Bonny. :)The leader of the Russian Mafia will begin to post more frequently in ACT 2. I think Deanna and Vladmir will enjoy each other quite well. :D

Seraph
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blue Bonnets on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Okay thanks for approving her Seraph. I'll keep an eye out when a good time for her to post right now she still kind of doesn't exist. So I'll just wait and see. Unless you had something up your sleeve planned for her coming into the story. And I will gladly work with you on that cause yeah I really want to get started. I've applied to three Rp's now and got no response except from yours. Which I'm a little perturbed by, I don't mind making characters but I make them cause I want to be in the story. Not to sit around and hope they get picked. And its not like they have allot of people signing up either. I'm like the third person to sign up on both of these. Sorry I'm venting frustration but I'm annoyed.

Blue Bonnets
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blue Bonnets on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Seraph when ever your ready to do that its fine. I added some stuff to my character profile like a picture of her father, the Gun shop where her father does business both legal and not, and her work shop. I will do the dialog for her father as well. If that's all right. Thanks for doing the intro thing for my character.

Blue Bonnets
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Send Me An Angel on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:53 am

Okay Blue Bonnets sent me here looks like you can use some Russians considering they all quit. I'll do some research on the Russian Mafia and then make my character. That's if you don't mind her being a woman.
Sophocles, c. 496-406 BC
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life; that word is love.

My theme song!

Send Me An Angel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!