Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Today's Dreams Are Tomorrow's Reality

Today's Dreams Are Tomorrow's Reality

a part of “Today's Dreams Are Tomorrow's Reality”, a fictional universe by xxLilly.

All of our dreams can come true, but only if we set forth to pursue them.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Today's Dreams Are Tomorrow's Reality”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Today's Dreams Are Tomorrow's Reality

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Today's Dream Are Tomorrow's Reality

Everyone expects you to follow behind your parents footsteps. To launch your own record deal, to dance, draw, or even to take over their five star restaurant. But what if you don't want to? Everybody has their own interests, their own dreams, and things they'd like to do for themselves and not for other people - even if it is for people that they care about. You don't have to follow behind their footsteps; you can be whoever you want to be. If your parents own a 5 star restaurant, who cares? You don't have to cook for a living, you can be a dancer! If your parents are famous actors, you can become a doctor! It isn't about following behind your parents, it is following behind your heart and to become what you want to.

Trouble is, things are easier said than done. Breaking through the tradition is much harder than you've thought. Whether you want to become a photographer or a professional athlete, you'll have to wait until you're old enough to legally make your own decisions. The delightful 18th year.

How will YOU break through the tradition and come to follow through to your hopes and dreams? Will you be willing to hurt some of the people you love to get through with it?

The Plot

Eighteen years old; the legal age of adulthood. Now, you can make your own decisions. You can be whatever you want to be, and pursue whatever career you want to. Legally, this is true, but for your parents it may be different. Sure you can choose whatever college you want to, and specialize in whatever branch, but where will you get the money from? Even if you are rich, or even from a regular suburban family, all that money comes from your parents. You can never afford it, even with your summer job. You will have to convince your parents yourself, and show them just how much you want to become an artist, dancer, photographer, etc. And you'll go through all the ends of the Earth to show them just that.
Last edited by xxLilly on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♥ "The scars of your love, remind me of us. They keep me thinking, we almost had it all.
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless. I can't help feeling..."♥

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xxLilly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Today's Dreams is Tomorrow's Reality

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Feel free to post any question or comments here! (:
My character will be up in an hour or so.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xxLilly
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Today's Dreams Are Tomorrow's Reality

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby !LoveMeHateME! on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:43 am

Ello
Just wanted you to know i posted two characters. They are twins. Hope you like. :D

!LoveMeHateME!
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight's Work on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:17 am

hi! I'm wondering if a character could be a musicican?

Midnight's Work
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sky Ash on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:26 am

This looks interesting. By the way, is that picture (for your character) of you? It's pretty.
Keep calm,
And carry on.

Sky Ash
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Felicity on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:27 am

Looks interesting! Just submitted my character sheet :)
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better, and your better is best.

Felicity
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:57 am

@lovemehateme: I just approved both of your characters (: Love them both!

@Midnight's Work: Of course, a musician is fine. I'll just reply to you here instead via the PM, if that's okay.

@skyash: Hah, thanks. No, it isn't xD I'm nowhere near being that pretty.

@Felicity: APPROVED ! Take your time editing the history if you'd like, I still haven't finished mine yet xD

@Everyone: I'll get to finishing up my history today (:

xxLilly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:10 am

The Roles:

Alexis Mae DiAvanzo//Photographer by xxLilly
Cecile Alexandra Landen//Modelby Felicity
Jasmine Elliot Rose//Professional Choreographerby !LoveMeHateME!
Cherrry Monday//Singerby theMoonlightTheory
Hanna Marie Westcott//Authorby Cure
Christine Alexandira Chase//Nurseby Innocent++

Xavier Evan Rose//Professional Football Playerby !LoveMeHateME!
Sean 'Running Wolf' Peter//Lawyerby Derek Smith
Kenneth Chris Gonzales//Chefby xxLilly
{male reserved for Cure}
[Male]
[Male]

{no longer accept female characters}

So here's the updated list for roles, I'm pretty happy on how the ratio ended up so far for boys/girls- it's actually pretty even! :D

Also, I was wondering what time would be best for you guy's to start the roleplay. Either tonight, tomorrow, or maybe two days from now in hopes more people show up then (: If you guy's are busy or anything, with vacation maybe, let me know and maybe we can wait until then.So which would you prefer? I was thinking either tonight or sometime tomorrow.
Last edited by xxLilly on Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

xxLilly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Innocent++ on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Lawyer Female please...
I have the character sheet already.

Name: Christine Alexandira Chase

Nickname: Allie.

Career Aspiration: Female Nurse.

Personality: Christine cared about her job, but she never really cared about the person she was dealing with. Always putting on a fake smile, and telling people what they actually wanted to hear instead of telling the truth. She was shy, and oblivious at times, but she didn't care. Her personality, was different from the rest of the lawyers; all she really wanted was to get paid and then go home. She didn't bother to worry about anyone else other than herself.

Likes & Dislikes:
    Chocolate
    Pasta
    Girls
    Music
    Books.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~*~Dislikes.~*~

Onions.
    Hot peppers.
    Tea.
    Loud Obnoxious people.
    Annoying people.

Background: Grew up in New York State. She's always loved the city, but for some reason now she was getting tired of it. It was never ending and it was never quiet. She wanted things to be peaceful, but when you live in a state that never sleeps it's little but impossible. Christine has but 2 siblings, a sister and a brother. Both of them being younger than her; she had to look after them while her parents were working. With her dad being a lawyer, and her mom being a nurse at the hospital, she never really got to see her parents except for their days off. Even then, their days off were not always days off. Growing up, Christine always wanted to be a nurse, she remembered telling her father that one day she wanted to help people get better and find cures for diseases. When she graduated high school, she proceeded onto university and got her bachelors degree.

Christine always loved her parents, but she wanted to do what she like doing and growing up to be. Though feeling like she didn't do things right when she was around them. They left her to look after her siblings while they were at work, so growing up became quick for her. When they were not fighting or arguing; Christine would sit in her room and write in her journal about how her day had gone. Everything seemed to be a blur, the last time that she had even spoken to her father. Things weren't the same now. They were different. It would have been nice if her parents would at least say "Hi." to her when they saw her in the streets; but they don't even acknowledge her.

Other:Christine's biggest fear is spiders, and her deepest darkest secret is that she's into females, instead of males. Though she'd never let anyone know, it could ruin her career.
Last edited by Innocent++ on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Innocent++
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Felicity on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Anytime to start the RP would be good for me, but I'd like to start sooner than later - depending on what others say. People could still join after we started posting anyway. :)

Felicity
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:05 pm

I'll go in with the camp that anytime is good for me. And I know this is petty but you misspelled my user name xxLilly.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:28 pm

@Derek Smith: XD I'm so so sorry! I was probably still half asleep when I did that, I'll go change it right now. Dx

@Innocent: I'll PM you in about a minute, hold on.

@Felicity&Derek: I'll probably start it tomorrow morning then, if that's good. I don't think I can do it tonight D:

xxLilly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Innocent++ on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Do I need to change anything?

Innocent++
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Just resubmit in the tab now, and you're good to go. (:

xxLilly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Tomorrow is good for me.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Innocent++ on Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Just so everyone knows, I have 4 days left of work, and then I'm off for 3 days. Please be patient with me while posting. I may not get a chance to post right away.

Innocent++
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:01 am

Cure & theMoonlightTheory, you are accepted (:

&that is fine Innocent, don't worry.

xxLilly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Innocent++ on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:31 pm

All edited. Now it looks more legit. :D

Innocent++
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxLilly on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:55 pm

FINALLY STARTED THE ROLEPLAY ! (:

I couldn't start the roleplay yesterday or this morning, but it's up now :D You guys can start to posting. It's currently summertime & the Forth of July. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. (:

@Innocent, I'm not sure if you can post without submiting a character in the tab itself (you know you're already accepted), so if you can't just submit it there again and I'll accept you that way. (:

xxLilly
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Innocent++ on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 am

And I've submitted my character. Just letting you know.

Innocent++
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!