Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Chronicles of Varnic: Calitora Prime

The Chronicles of Varnic: Calitora Prime

a part of “The Chronicles of Varnic: Calitora Prime”, a fictional universe by Entity of Sin.

CoV: Calitora Prime is a roleplay designed to deliver an epic dark fantasy experience rich with political turmoil, wars between neighboring nations, civil unrest, ethical dilemmas, and a world plunged into a state of hatred, destruction, and terror.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Chronicles of Varnic: Calitora Prime”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Chronicles of Varnic: Calitora Prime

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:07 am

Damn right! Now go make me a sandwich! :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Just letting all of you know now what my plans are for the bulk of chapter one.

I plan on having a villager run into Vantia screaming about an epidemic in his village, which is south of Vantia by the river, and beg for some assistance. At this point our characters should be jumping on the band wagon to go help out the village. That means Gam and his soldiers move in to help give assistance to the village, Mertan uses his alchemy to help with a cure, and Kimber and Artanis look around for signs that might be causing it.

Now I'm not necessarily going to be giving out how the epidemic started but I will say that it was man made. So yes, there is a conflict that's going to be coming up. Some battles and fight scenes.

I'm going to be posting after Selen does, so let's try and get things moving along in the direction I want things moving. Let's not half ass it either.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:52 pm

*Acts shocked* I would never half ass anything, I only full ass stuff! :D

Yippee! It's moving, but I think Mertan left the group....Will we be catching him?

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 am

Mertan is NarrowEye's character. We'll pick him up along the way -- even if Mertan doesn't want to come. :)

Once we get to the village things will really pick up. I plan on having everyone spend the night in the village and possibly with one or two posts from everyone will conclude the night (after we get to the village) and then the bulk of Chapter 1 can really move forward. It's going to be rather interesting since I'm going to need to collaborate with everyone openly in OOC to get their posts moving in the correct direction. A good example of this would be Mertan basically working with Gam's healers (medics) in taking care of the sick villagers through the use of potions, medicines, etc. while Artanis and Kimber basically look around for signs of what could be causing the strange epidemic.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NarrowEye on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Are we having some kind of tabu against posting? xD
Really! We're never posting, allways waiting for the last one to put on the last post. We'll never get done this way :) Correct me if you think I'm wrong, but shouldn't we just keep posting, and keep some life in this? ^^ Because I'm very much feeling like carrying this quest of epicness forward :)
What I'm trying to say is; Ima write a post :3 and that's before Gourmet writes his! :O !
Bloodied Terra, a world created by human frailty or maybe by our own greed? A world dominated by ideologies and wars, conflicts everywhere. In this world a story takes place, the story of a man who would become the savior of Human Kind.

Join in, and help decide the fate of the world, as the greatest web of lies and fatalities in human history unfold. Hide those too weak in spirit and shield those who cannot fathom the greatness of this cobweb of destiny, for the Bloodied Terra will soon unfold.

NarrowEye
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:45 pm

What are you talking about? I still have 5 hours to write a post and still be on time. *smirk*

Okay I'll post, but Gourmet has to go after me! :) And soon.

*Has urge to blame NarrowEye for the slowness* lol! ;)

Whoa! When did Artanis become 657 years old? I think there was some rewriting of history there. -_-

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Artanis is an elf. Elves can live for thousands of years by feeding off the energies of magical sources. If they consume too much of it they become addicted and turn into a drow. Guess how he has lived for so long while being a valuable gladiator to a master of a gladiatorial school? Why would the family that owned him let their most valuable warrior die of old age? Seems like bad business to me.

Does that answer your question?

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Yes, thanks........

K, *curses* my life just went into a tailspin. I'll let you know if I can pull up and salvage it.
Expect an update from me in a few days if I can continue RPing. Thank you, and I'm sorry. I was really just getting into it. =(

I still have hope though.

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:23 pm

Selene, that's fine. I've been growing more and more unmotivated to even want to stay on this site. It's become pretty bad lately with all the bullshit going on with a lot of other people on the site. I'm not going to name anyone (no one in my roleplay anyways but just in case someone else reads this post), that really kill any ambition to want to continue roleplaying just by being a stupid fuck. Then there's the laundry list of shitty roleplayers on this site that post up their shitty roleplays (again, no one in my roleplay fits into that category). So it's like if I do want to spend time in another roleplay idea I have to filter out all the losers first before I get the golden eggs.

I've even had to deal with this kind of shit in roleplay communities that claim to have an "advanced literate" status. They suck just as much as other roleplay sites and in some cases a lot more. This isn't taking the community staff into consideration either; which I'm not going to get into publicly. I'm 25, I have better things to do with my time than spend being a part of communities that are pretty much dead with interesting activity.

Not saying I'm leaving Gateway right away but I'm saying this now: I'm leaving Gateway when this roleplay dies. I just think that all of you deserve to know how I feel and that's pretty much the extent of how much I hate this place.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Aggg!! You can't leave! :( I can resume my posting starting Thursday, we're going to keep this story rolling! =)

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Entity of Sin on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:41 am

There really isn't a whole lot anyone can do about me leaving the site. Thursday is like.. almost a week away from now. I've got a new computer coming in the mail and once I get it I won't even have time to roleplay anyways. I'll be too busy making youtube videos to really care about roleplaying or this site even less than I do; which currently isn't at all.

EDIT: We'll see what happens. I can't promise anything.

Entity of Sin
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:22 pm

Well, er... I can assume by the lack of posting for a whole month that this RP is, in fact, dead? Darn, it looked interesting, too.
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Yes, the GM ended it......But I may be starting something else similar. If I get interest in it.

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!