Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Card Wielders

Card Wielders

a part of “Card Wielders”, a fictional universe by ViviOrunitiaFF9.

The power of the cards is now yours. Use it wisely.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Card Wielders”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Card Wielders

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:14 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Card Wielders"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Card Wielders

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fullmetal642 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:53 pm

I would like to reserve the evil rogue
"Don't beg for things, do it yourself or else you won't get anything."

- Adroc Thurston of Eureka Seven

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fullmetal642
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm considering this role play, but I have a few questions:
First, do you only start with one card, or do you get to choose multiple of the provided options? Next, how is the card system set up? Do we create our own card ideas, or is there a database somewhere? Also, how do our characters obtain cards?

Also, I would like to tentatively reserve the good Alchemist.
Your chances of getting struck by lightning go up if you stand under a tree, shake your fist at the sky, and say "Storms suck!"

-Johnny Carson

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Guess what guys?! I've been...Asking alot of questions too. So I have some answers. Or I can try and share my knowledge of things.

Q:How old do they need to be?
A:Between about 15 and 25 should be ok.

Q:Another question. For the aeons, should they be cute cuddly monsters or real fuzzy animals. Also is it possible for the ones born on earth to have real weapons? Or is that a no go?
A:Those born on Earth can pick up and use things as weapons but can't take weapons through. The Aeon is what you wish it to be. If you want a dragon type thing, have that. If you want a tiny snail that shoots fire from its antennae and has bullet proof armour plating, that's ok too.

As for the question above...I believe we start with one card. As for the summoner and the healer we may have an aeon. Sorta like a familiar or something like the eidolons in Final Fantasy. The card system...I have no clue.
"A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."
O.O

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MacO'Connor15 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:47 pm

can i reserve the evil witch?

MacO'Connor15
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:09 pm

I would like to reserve the Good Summoner.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fullmetal642 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:10 pm

I have submitted an early form of my character profile, but i am waiting for certain information about the cards and such before i complete it.

fullmetal642
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:22 am

I had intended to let people have a little independence with the cards. Although the time you receive a card has been set, there is no set type of card that you must follow. You get to create your own idea for the cards. If you want, you could PM me with your idea and I could tell you if it is acceptable. (Not super powerful but not too weak.) However, ,ore than likely, I would just say they are all fine.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:10 am

I would like to get more people involved with this roleplay so I'm going to be taking ideas from people before we start. I'm going to ask a few questions and people in the roleplay or just looking at the OOC can give me suggestions for the game.

The people on Earth do not know about Chorlaen, nor their powers, but they are transported to Chorlaen anyway to fight the war. I would like suggestions on how they will get there. I've had a few ideas but I would like to hear everyone's ideas too.

Also, who will teach them when they get to Chorlaen? Again, I have ideas but would like to hear others.

Any more suggestions? Please post and I'll have a look at them.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 am

Well, the simplest idea would be a magical portal, but that could turn out to be a bit bland. Another idea would to have the people who are seeking the heroes' help come and kidnap them (with chloroform, an unmarked white van, the works) and then have them transport there somehow, like a warp drive, or the portal thing again.

A more abstract idea would be that they would all go into simultaneous comas, so they would only be in Chorlaen in the sense of Astral Projection, but still be able to fight and get hurt. For now, that's all I have.

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkPhoenix on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:50 am

I would have to say the magical portal idea would work best in my opinion. It does seem kind of bland and sort of expected, but its a classic and you cant go wrong with a classic most of the time.

As for who should teach them, well if you do the magic portal idea. why not have the person who opened the portal be the one to teach them.(another cliche, but it works.)

p.s. I did the editing to my character like you asked, i just couldn't send you a reply through pm because I can't send messages yet.

DarkPhoenix
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 am

My original idea had been a portal in the shape of a door. They are basically drawn to it but when they open the door they black out and wake up in Chorlaen. It's not very original but that's why I asked for suggestions. I like both of your ideas and I would like to use them. I just need to know what the portal would look like and so on. The door idea just doesn't really seem very...I don't know...well, for lack of better words, original.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fullmetal642 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:02 pm

I asked a few questions through PMs and Vivi thought it would be a good idea to post them,

Can rogues start with 3 cards?
A: Yes, the rogue will start with 3 cards but they will be weaker than the originals.

If so then what is the limit on them?
A: At least one non magical class and up to two magical. Only one of each starting card from the three classes that you choose.

Will we be able to acquire new cards along the way?
A:Yes. More cards will be acquired along the way. It is explained in the intro.

Can a weapon give some two of the same type of weapon, as in dual wielding.
A:I never really thought of that. I suppose you could get a card which has a picture of dual weapons which will give you two swords, two axes etc.

fullmetal642
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fullmetal642 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:48 pm

I would like to know a little bit more about Chorlaen and do the card wielder know about there powers on that side, it would help with my history which is right now all i have left.

fullmetal642
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Chorlaen is based in the 17th to 19th century. Their weapons are very primitive. Bow and arrow, sword etc. Think of Narnia, then combine it with the Salem witch trial period style houses and a few more modern house for the rich and shameless. The seven evil card wielders control the land, each watching over certain parts of Chorlaen.

No, those who come from Earth have no idea that Chorlaen exists. The evil card wielders do however because they grew up there. The evil card wielders know about earth but very little.

I hope this is enough information.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:42 pm

Does the Summoner only have one card, or does he have one of each type?

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:55 pm

One more question for now. Do alchemy cards summon the potions themselves, or just recipes for the wielder to follow?

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Akantha on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:08 pm

I know the answer for the second question!!! I read the description and copy and pasted! XD It says: "The alchemist uses 'alchemy cards' to conjure the recipe of a certain type of potion."

So I'm guessing it's just the recipe.

Akantha
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightningflash on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:36 pm

That's what I suspected, but I just wanted it clarified. I was just unsure because it would seem more practical for the cards to summon the potion itself, although I guess that would make it too easy!

Lightningflash
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:14 am

Commisar_Gaunt wrote:Does the Summoner only have one card, or does he have one of each type?

The summoner only has one aeon card at the beginning. It can be your strongest or your weakest and you will build up o the strongest.

Like I said, I'm giving people a lot of independence in this one.

Lightningflash wrote:One more question for now. Do alchemy cards summon the potions themselves, or just recipes for the wielder to follow?

Sorry but yes. The potions just appearing would be too easy. You could have it that you make the potions and them transfer them into the card for when you need them but you will only get as many as you put in. I suppose that would be ok.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!