Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

New York: The City That Never Sleeps

New York: The City That Never Sleeps

a part of “New York: The City That Never Sleeps”, a fictional universe by Kenzi.

New York! The city of dreams and fame. What would you give up to make it big?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “New York: The City That Never Sleeps”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] New York: The City That Never Sleeps

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:54 am

(sigh) looks like this one's dying :(

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alan23
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:51 am

Yes, a very deep and sad sigh. Please don't let it die. In the meantime, who wants to start another realistic RP in the thread forum? Just PM me :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:46 am

I don't want this to die either but I haven't posted because I am dead sick and overwhelmed with work. Also, I have no idea where to take the RP from here. Suggestions? I hope to post something tonight and I am going to end the party! This party is going too long

Kenzi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:26 am

Aww poor Kenzi. I have no idea as well. It's not like we can drop the people just like that. Maybe you can start a post leaving everything else in a blur. Like after 10 hours? I really don't know and have no idea.
It may sound mean but at least some people should have the decency to say they're no longer interested instead of leaving us hanging. Right?

Maybe a vote would be good.

Who wants forget about the night and start with the "tomorrow" post? (Did I made any sense?! LOL). Say YAY!
Who are those who still wants to linger in the night? Say NAY!

I vote YAY!

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:06 am

Yeah I vote absolute NO to letting it die, and absolute YES to taking the action forward to the next day - or maybe a few days later when everyone has settled into their rooms. The party could be like a kind of overture to the main story.

As to where to take it - what about the apartment building is about to be demolished, and the tenants put on a multi-talent show to raise money to save it? Just kicking ideas around here, I'm sure others can come up with something more interesting.

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:33 am

@Alan: Yes, I was absolutely thinking of an idea like that.

Or maybe if in case the others won't be returning to play in the RP we can pretend that they moved out. Whatcha say Kenzi?

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:04 am

Well, we still have Riley, Joliesse, Heath, Belladonna, Shan and Sian - enough for a few romances and conflicts if we mix and match carefully. I think we should instigate a rule that no character can have a romance with another character played by the same person though, that's a bit euwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:43 pm

I can definitely ask a few RPers to join in. Maybe we just need to hang on a bit longer. We are three determined RPers. We can strive to make it work right? I won't let my baby die LOL.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:50 am

Maybe the three of us should adopt a collective name -either "Beauties and the Beast" or "The thorn between two roses" :)

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:29 am

funny! We can be the three musketeers! Just because Kenzi and I are ladies doesn't mean we don't like it rough. Sword fighting on stilettos LOL

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:18 am

Did you mean that to be a really sexy image, 'cos if so it worked!!!!!!

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elrith Eldwind on Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:51 pm

hmm, well im back, and i have a thought of where to go. it's time for a casting convention!

These things happen all the time in New York, casting companies rent out conventino centers and spaces to send people to scout out some new and upcoming talent, in all the Arts. Maybe a few conventions happen in town and the guys start heading after their dreams. I don't know if they should come anywhere near success yet though.

Elrith Eldwind
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lovechanningforever on Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:14 am

I agree. So what other steps should we do?

So far here are some suggestions:
1. for those who didn't bother to post again, let's pretend they moved out.
2. casting convention
3. someone wants to take the building down.

lovechanningforever
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:34 am

I'm sort of with lovechanningforever, but for one idea. I know I first thought of it, but I think to have the building threatened with closure AND the casting call is a bit much. Let's do the casting call first, and keep the other in reserve. I also agree that anyone who doesn't post has either moved out or simply doesn't appear or interact with anyone in the game. That's my view.

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:13 pm

I like the idea of the casting convention! Lets go with that :) I'm just waiting for someone else to post. Lovechanning, why don't you give it a go? <3

Kenzi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:00 am

Good to see you back Kenzi - we thought you'd abandoned us. However, I think we should move forward in time before anyone posts - maybe a week or so, and assume everyone is settled in...

Alan23
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snickerdoodle07 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:17 am

Is this still alive? Sorry just got back from my 3 week European tour... :/ Hope I didn't get kicked out since I let Kenzi know I was going. :/
"You wait little girl on an empty stage, for fate to turn the light on."
-Sixteen Going on Seventeen. The Sound of Music.

snickerdoodle07
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kenzi on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Hey! I hope you had a wonderful time in Europe! Any crazy stories? :)

And no you are certainly not kicked out. I sort of stayed away from this for a bit because I wasn't sure where to take it or who was even still interested. I',m game for keeping it going, though! And can be more committed now.

Lovechanningforever and Alan, are you two still interested? Snicker, are you still game?

Kenzi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby snickerdoodle07 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm TOTALLY still game.

I had the most amazing time, and I have way more stories than I can even remember lol (A lot of them are probably not appropriate for this setting too. lol) but it was fantastic, thanks for asking!

I have a lot more time as well. I've got a couple weeks before classes start again, and it is a light semester for me so I'll have time to spare. :)

As far as how things are going currently, Orlando needs to respond to Bella and Clara needs to get back to John about the job... but I haven't seen Lily post in a while. :/

snickerdoodle07
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!