Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Starwars The Old Republic: A Beacon of Hope

Starwars The Old Republic: A Beacon of Hope

a part of “Starwars The Old Republic: A Beacon of Hope”, a fictional universe by BilgeWater.

The True Sith have returned, they poured in from the edges of the galaxy and swarmed the Republic, overrunning many systems as they began their assault. The Republic needs heroes, it needs you.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Starwars The Old Republic: A Beacon of Hope”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Starwars The Old Republic: A Beacon of Hope

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:24 am

I will try but you need to explain the hows,whys,where, and what. Sometimes it takes more then 200 words, I am not going to shorten myself at the price of that. But as for the pilot spot I believe several characters have piloting experience, my own among them.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:36 am

I'm kind of with Derek on this one, though I bent and took this one up the pooper and did restrain myself. I'd of liked a bit longer of an introductory post, mostly because rereading mine now made it seem incredibly rushed, having to both introduce the character to the story AND interact with characters. It's kind of weird when you think about it. Most RP's have a minimum, yet we're restricted to a maximum. There's really no point in it. Should someone disappear for a long period of time we could easily give that person a summary of events. The RP won't reach it's potential if you restrict its writers.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BilgeWater on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 pm

you know, you guys are probably right, i just want to keep things flowing smoothly. How about we try this the traditional way for a while, and if theres no problem given the amount of characters then we'll ditch my rule altogether. :)

im not above compromise, i guess i was just trying to generalize the roleplay for everyone, but i should have got a few opinions first... so my bad Derek, do your thing buddy

BilgeWater
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:47 am

Yeah, sorry about that. I only made Nair as firm as did because I wanted to both introduce him to your two characters as well as get a conversation going with the captain, and somehow accomplish all that all in the maximum number of words we were (at the time) supposed to be under. It was actually really out of character for him, and I'll fix it in future posts.

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:28 am

SOMEBODY POST PLEASE!

Robinwing
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:05 am

We're all sort of waiting on our captain.

flying monkey child
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Yeah our fearless leader seems to have gone AWOL.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 13lazer31 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:37 pm

I think he's waiting for me to post. But i'm having trouble thinking of what to say. so, because i don't want to slow you guys down, just continue as if my character is unconscious on top of some cargo with a bottle of Raava in his hand.
O o
/¯/__________________________________________ _\
| IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAH, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

13lazer31
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:57 pm

Well, I've a question. Is this dead? I mean I hope it's not, but just curious I've seen greater rps die before they've even launched. I really hope this one isn't dead yet.

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Hmmm....

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!