Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Witches of the West

Witches of the West

a part of “Witches of the West”, a fictional universe by madscirat.

In a world reminiscent of the old American West, Law is upheld by travelling witches, women of power who are marked only by the silver pentagram they wear upon their breast.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Witches of the West”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Witches of the West

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Oh dang you're starting? crap Just when i was formulating a character, >.> Maybe I'll make him tonight and wait for your approval. I really was taking my time with this character. I want him to fit in the Western Genre.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Have multiple settings up and available. Will have more by tonight. This is my first game on this site and I didn't realize the full extent of the places tab's epic awesomeness until fooling around with it today. Still a bit giddy. Oh you should also begin to notice prominent NPCs drifting into the character tab. Feel free to make the first post in any settings. Tell me in the ooc if you require a setting I did not post and I will consider making it.

Oh and again, due to players still working on characters try not to overdue posting until we get our fourth. I don't want the plot to take off without everyone aboard.
What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of space.
-Erwin Schrodinger

The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.
-Albert Einstein

Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.
- Nikola Tesla

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

madscirat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Okay I finished making him after consideration. If I need to edit anything let me know.

Firewind
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:05 pm

So when are we going to start?

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zolzol on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:15 am

Added a spells , rituals and contract section too Jeckteths profile.

I only gave him three spells and three rituals as to leave room for one or two more additions as the game progresses.

The contract section is incase any of you want to buy Jeckteths services so you understand exacly how it is done and what the consequences are.
A deus of lacuna inter philologus letalis

zolzol
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:19 pm

@zolzol Looks good except spirit abilities should be called powers or charms, to delineate them from the learned spells of humans.

@All Settings are up and I will start to post some scene openers. If you don't see an opening to insert your character then either be patient or make an opening (make the first post in a scene yourself).

madscirat
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:00 am

@all Good posts so far, everyone. Be mindful of what place your post is in though. Its easy to forget and I found in my last post that you can not edit it if you make a mistake. If you do forget like me then just make a note of it at the top of the post.

Also be mindful that NPCs do not speak for the GM. Just because Claire tells you not to cause trouble in her town does not mean I, as the GM, am saying this. Claire is just a character and players should always try to play as their character would act regardless. The only plot constriction I want to place on the players is to try not to leave Stillriver until the group is more or less formed. Writing separate posts for every player in a game is just too much for this mortal GM.

madscirat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 pm

@zolzol His name is Lukas not Luka. Otherwise nice post.

madscirat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zolzol on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Ah , my bad. Fixy uppy power GOOOOOOO~ *themesong*

....No I have no idea what my theme song is. *shrug*

zolzol
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:00 pm

But I have a theme song for this roleplay =O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYV-JSjpyU
"I solemnly swear I am up to no good" - Fred and George Weasley

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zolzol on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Huh? *Opens link , falls over laughing*

Oh god XD Thats the themesong now? All I can see is our characters staring someone down tell a tumble weed rolls by...actually I think i'm going to have Jeckteth carry a tumbleweed around for just such occasions.

zolzol
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:26 pm

@vivi For future reference we are starting in the Northern plains, a region analagous to present day North Dakota. Tumbleweeds are native to the southern deserts and dry steppes. If this is a flashback to when you were somewhere else then cool but always title flashbacks with something like 'Two days Ago' 'In the Distant Past' 'Four Score and Seven years Ago', etc..

Also I hope you are not forgetting that seeker bullets require a hair from the target and can't work on just anybody. If this is part of what you intend to explain later then all good.

@Angelika As far as I can tell there was actually no magic used in the scene. Only regular bullets were fired and witches need no magic to be crack shots. The closest thing to magic would be the spirit flitting about who is made of magic.

madscirat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViviOrunitiaFF9 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:02 pm

I'll delete the tumble weed then. Yes, this is all going to be explained as we progress with the roleplay.

ViviOrunitiaFF9
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:53 am

@Firewind When posting in a scene with other players or central NPCs please give them a chance to react to anything you think they might react to.........such as a gunfight. By having them do nothing, you are effectively writing their character. In this case it is particularly grating because as you may recall witches are the peace keepers throughout all the west which could still be called 'wild'. As a result the fact that one would simply sit and drink her whiskey while a gun fight goes on behind her, is entirely out of character.

madscirat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:03 am

Okay I'll edit it a tiny bit.

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Firewind wrote:Okay I'll edit it a tiny bit.

No need to edit, it's not that important. Just try to be more mindful in the future.

@Vivi I really appreciate the detail you've given to your treatment of your character's magic, but another gunfight, really? At this point that's like seeing a pile of cherries and putting a cherry on top.

@all Lets try to ease up on the gun-fights and actually have some character interactions that don't involve lead, or silver as the case may be. Finish the ongoing fight by all means but DO NOT make our western into some arena game where everyone is trying to out-bad-ass everyone else, please.

madscirat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 pm

No problema then. >.> I'll be careful no worries. Once I learn one mistake, I make certain it doesn't happen again.

Firewind
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:01 pm

After careful deciphering of the last few posts in order to find out WTH is going on, I found that the number of gunmen introduced initially somehow jumped from two in vivi's first post to three in the latest one. If I am not mistaken somehow, go ahead and correct that error.

I hope those who started this chaos intend to finish it because having absolutely zero information about these gunmen prevents me from NPCing them.

madscirat
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fredalice on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:35 pm

Sorry I got sorta confused when the taller gunman went to the alley. To me that says there's about three of four. (starts listing off on fingers) The taller one, the little one, and one or two? in the alley helping the taller and shorter one.

@Vivi how many did you intend there to be?

Fredalice
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby madscirat on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:18 pm

LOL now there are four. If I find what tree these gunmen are falling off of, I'm chopping it down.

madscirat
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!