Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

X-Men: Lost and Found

X-Men: Lost and Found

a part of “X-Men: Lost and Found”, a fictional universe by Forensic_Anthro.

Charles Xavier is long gone and the halls of his academy for the 'gifted' have been long since abandoned- or is that just the public face? Several 'gifted' children are about to find out.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “X-Men: Lost and Found”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] X-Men: Lost and Found

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 am

I was actually talking to Anthro for most of that post actually, Its not really on anyone's side, just general advice now I look back at it.
I would trust you to, I haven't said otherwise. As for your character, he isn't the one I have a problem with. His power and the usage is scaled correctly to his role. The last part about overpowered characters is directed at everyone who reads it.

I know what you mean, you get a huge amount of experience from being a roleplay writer for three years. Even if someone isn't the best writer they still know how to roleplay. Which is generally more important.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:42 am

Well, good. I thought I was correct, but I wanted to hear so from an outside observer. Everyone has different opinions, after all. Yes, you do get lots of experience roleplaying for three years, and when you throw in over a decade of being a writer, I'm proud to say that I have experience in spades. Yes, writing and roleplaying are, in fact, two different things. Knowing that difference will make or break you as a roleplayer on any site, but especially on RPG.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuukakulily on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:47 am

I would've preferred a little more depth of character, but I understand how it can sometimes be hard playing as multiple characters. That being said, I really enjoyed where it was going at the beginning where (most) everyone was just starting Xavier's. I would've preferred more time for students to gain a little more control of their powers over the course of say ,a week, before starting a battle. It also makes it difficult for characters like Charlie (sorry, I can't remember who played him) to do something. In my view (sorry if I misconstrue things), he should've had more time to hone better combat skills or learn how to block emotions more effectively. However, I'm not the GM of this roleplay and I can't tell you how to run it. I'll still be a part of the roleplay because I would like to see where it leads and I don't like to abandon roleplays. I just wanted to give my opinion on the matter.

Kuukakulily
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:51 am

Lily, I completely agree. I was in the process of trying to give depth to the characters, and that's still what I'm doing with Avalanche instead of throwing him against enemy mutant after enemy mutant. In my roleplay, there will be lots of time for character and power development. We will only have 2 or 3 of these gigantic battles, if that, and things will be much more organized. I guarantee it.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:12 am

Charlie does happen to be my character Kuukalily, the reason you stated was part of why I was up in arms about the whole situation. I'm working around it now, he'll just have to sink or swim. Its a pity I can't go ape with my character, It would be more suitable that he screws up when trying to use his power as a weapon and mentally maim/kill those around him accidentally. Unfortunately since at least one PC would be affected, I can't. And its no fun going around killing NPCs who offer no challenge.

A battle can be a good place for character development, but more in terms of mentality/maturity then in terms of getting to grasps with yourself and your powers. The aftermath is always quite powerful in terms of character development. Its generally only a little though and for the most part its hard to balance action and introspection, still they aren't mutually exclusive. I wouldn't expect it from anyone here, including myself. No self discovery in this huge battle.

Ha ha, True Grave it seriously sounds like you are advertising your RP.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:15 am

I know. I meant to advertise it a little.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 am

Guys, I think we've proven the point that my roleplay is a flunk. If you want, we could restart it and go at the plot in a different way, but then that would be competition for True Grave's roleplay and I don't really want to start that. I, personally, won't be joining TG's roleplay (no offense), but I'm sure all of you are welcome to. If you have a problem with this one and you're not going to stay, then fine, but I don't need to hear all the details about it because it's really killing my motivation in more important places. If you all want to stay, that's great. If you want to leave, okay. If you want me to restart it, sure, it's fine with me. But again, there's another roleplay out there moderately like this one made by someone who has more knowledge about the X-Men, and I'm just a lame "fan girl" cramming in schoolwork.

@True Grave: Sometimes throwing a swimmer in the deep end is what you need to do. I know what I did wrong, I know how to correct it, end of story. Also, might I make a note that you really do sound like you're against me in several of these posts. Not that I mean to sound rude here or anything.

@TemplarWarden: Thank you for the constructive criticism and trying to see things from my point of view.
noot noot

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:04 am

Right, no more discussion. What we don't need is our GM getting demotivated. I hope I'm not going too far with Wraith's slightly disturbing entertainment. I'm waiting for bloodredtears to respond to Charlie.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:49 pm

If you think starting your roleplay over would be the right move, then go ahead. It's not competition, it's a roleplay, and you've git to do what's best for it. I knew you wouldn't want to join, so I never sent you an invitation. I'm sorry about demotivating you, Anthro, and I am on your side. You're not lame. I know you can be a better GM if you work at it.

Yes, but sometimes the swimmer drowns. That's what happened to few overwhelmed members. Good, because we only grow through learning and experience. As I have said all ready, I am not against you. I'm just not used to having a GM that seems to not know what they're doing. If I had more experience with that, I'd be more constructive and tactful. I guess I've just worked with more experienced people is all. You're not being rude, just stating how you feel, which is fine.

P.S.: If I was against you, I wouldn't still be in the roleplay. I'm staying, but I'm pulling Sniper out to focus solely on Avalanche. Sniper has not interacted with anybody, so it won't affect the story. Please post as Kitty soon.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:33 pm

True Grave wrote:If you think starting your roleplay over would be the right move, then go ahead. It's not competition, it's a roleplay, and you've git to do what's best for it. I knew you wouldn't want to join, so I never sent you an invitation. I'm sorry about demotivating you, Anthro, and I am on your side. You're not lame. I know you can be a better GM if you work at it.

Yes, but sometimes the swimmer drowns. That's what happened to few overwhelmed members. Good, because we only grow through learning and experience. As I have said all ready, I am not against you. I'm just not used to having a GM that seems to not know what they're doing. If I had more experience with that, I'd be more constructive and tactful. I guess I've just worked with more experienced people is all. You're not being rude, just stating how you feel, which is fine.

P.S.: If I was against you, I wouldn't still be in the roleplay. I'm staying, but I'm pulling Sniper out to focus solely on Avalanche. Sniper has not interacted with anybody, so it won't affect the story. Please post as Kitty soon.

TG, if you compare a lot of roleplays you'll see that it really is a competition. People usually don't want to be in two similar roleplays at once. On another note, if you'd actually take the time to look at some of my other roleplays you would see that I am actually quite experienced (take emerGEN. C for example- it only died because people dropped RPG or got busy). The only difference here is that I'm not used to GMing fan-based roleplays and I usually do smaller-scale ones. I'm not saying that I don't want everyone participating in this, just that I'm not quite used to it.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Well, whatever. I am gonna have to drop out of this roleplay, though. I'm playing eight characters for my X-Men roleplay, so I won't have the time to do this, that, and video games and college work. So, as much as I hate to say it, I must bid you adieu. Do you know anyone who could play Kitty Pryde? I really need her for my roleplay.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:57 am

Forensic, are you going to direct the battle? It seems to have been dragging on for a while. A little progress may be useful.

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Sorry, I haven't really had the chance to post to anything I'm in for a while. I got bombarded with essays all the sudden and mom decided that I needed to be doing essays everywhere we went, so I haven't exactly had much free time. I promise I'll post soon. My post will most likely entail Storm telling everyone to retreat and Magneto being all triumphant, so don't get too sucked into anything to the point at which you can't escape or be happy because you obtained the goal of the battle or something...

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!