Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Story of a Bullet; A Detective Story

Story of a Bullet; A Detective Story

a part of “Story of a Bullet; A Detective Story”, a fictional universe by Nation.

Set in the early 1950s in a suburb outside of Chicago, the Royce Detective Agency gathers what little clues they can find to uncover a string of kidnap-murders occurring in their town & a plot to corrupt law enforcement officials.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Story of a Bullet; A Detective Story”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Story of a Bullet; A Detective Story

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nation on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Genre: Mystery.
Time Period: Early 1950s.

All is not as it seems in a relatively peaceful seaside community on the outskirts of Chicago. For a town which is less than 60 square miles, its 200,000 citizens live in a perpetual state of fear, curiosity and intrigue. For one reason or another, this town has a curiously dark history - established during the Prohibition Era, the illicit goings on of the town have not ceased or even remotely slowed down since the '20s.

The citizens are afraid to walk the streets at night due to the impossibly high crime rate which, as of recent, has begun to coalesce and affect just about everyone. A recent string of kidnap-murders has the denizens of the town on high alert, with vigilante justice popping up from time to time. The law-enforcement, being ill-equipped to deal with such a threat, has been commissioned instead to work for the Royce Detective Agency, the largest and most prominent Private Investigation firm in Illinois.

The Royce Detective Agency has been able to solve a significant fraction of the cases tossed its way without a hitch. However, with the surge in crime occurrence going up, the RDA finds its desks swamped with papers and its employees are working overtime to quell the commotion going on around town. Late nights are a dime a dozen for the RDA and only those truly dedicated to uncovering the truth stick around to see the ugly truth about their city.

With a manila folder on his desk, Chief Detective Royce rustled a mountain of papers. His gaze shifted to two folders at the edge of his dilapidated and messy desk. One of the files had the tag "Johnny "Curious" McCallister." That was one case Chief Royce wouldn't forget anytime soon. The other folder had the title "Moon River Killer" and was the current as-of-yet unsolved case that both the Royce Detective Agency and local law enforcement were working on. Somehow, the Moon River Killer had evaded capture for almost 6 months. His confirmed victims total 22 as of this month. The Moon River Killer is extremely efficient at killing, but has given us one clue to go by. 3 of MRK's 22 victims are thought to be kidnappings, as their bodies have never been uncovered and they have been reported missing. The MRK's modus operandi is not yet clear, but what is known is that this criminal leaves virtually no trace of his existence other than the corpse of his target.

Just as Royce pushed filed the the two cases into a drawer, he gets a phone call...

"Royce?" a familiar voice spoke on the other line.

"Royce, are you there? Royce, pick up the fucking phone. Something horrible has happened, we need you at the Art Museum right away.

-Click-

Looking at his team, which was assembled within his office and going over various case files, Royce lifted his frame up from his chair and spoke to his men. "Well, looks like we got work to do tonight..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[Map of Riverside, Illinois]

Get comfortable with the map. It's your key to potential leads within this RP. You are free to visit any place on the map at anytime, but some areas may be locked/closed at different times. It's always good to explore, however.

[Gathering Evidence]

At certain points in the RP, you may acquire key pieces of Evidence that can help solve a case. However, you will not know necessarily if your evidence is useful or even relevant to the Case. For all you know, that evidence may have been planted by someone to throw you off the trail. You must decide whether or not to pick up a piece of Evidence. A piece of Evidence can range from something as simple as a quote someone said during questioning or something tangible like a gun. However, each Detective is only able to "carry" 1 piece of Evidence at any time, so make sure you really want something to be included in the Case File before claiming it as Evidence. If something strikes you as significant, be sure to claim it as Evidence.

[Case Files]

Moon River Killer:
Evidence:
-
-
-
-
-

Maharaja's Ruby:
Evidence:
-
-
-
-
-

This section outlines the various Cases the RDA has been assigned and any Evidence for that Case.

[Character Sheet]

Name:
Personality: (Be descriptive and original.)
Last edited by Nation on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nation
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Story of a Bullet; A Detective Story

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nation on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am

Make sure to follow the Character Sheet. You don't need to add a bio/appearance/whatever section, unless you want to.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nation
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nation on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:05 am

First post is up, Alise, Kansiov and The Sickness. Hope I gave you guys enough stuff to work with for your post.

Nation
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:32 pm

I sent in my character sheet! I'll try to post very soon. :)
â™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩ

â™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩâ™Ĩ

Alise120
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nation on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:51 pm

Accepted 4 of you. You guys can get to posting now. :)

Try to make your posts at LEAST 2 full paragraphs. I don't think that's asking for a lot. You don't need to have 2 paragraphs in your first post though since everything is just being introduced and you might not have that much to say.

Nation
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The_Sickness on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Going to post tonight when I'm in a bit more of a mind frame for it.
To every U.S. soldier THANK YOU!

I'll make your headache
I'll make you fall to the floor
Me and the Devil in your mind want to settle score
I'll make your heart break
You know I do what I please
Like a bullet in a gun I just give it a squeeze

And cry sister make it rain.
It makes no difference, you'll never see me again.
Cry Sister, Royal Bliss

The_Sickness
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:36 pm

I'll try to post soon too. :)

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nation on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:30 pm

No prob, just wanna get this started ASAP.
We'll have 1 more joining us actually.

Nation
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Oh cool. Then we have enough people to get this rp rollin'. ;)

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kansiov on Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Just a heads up, I am actually on vacation right now and I was having problems with my hotel Wi-Fi. I will get about posting my character sheet tonight.

Kansiov
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nation on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:24 pm

Don't sweat it. It just began so not like you have much to catch up to.

Nation
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:13 am

OK, posted - can't help thinking it's a tight squeeze in this cab, though. :)

Alan23
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:48 pm

It is a tight squeeze! :O

I feel suffocated. <__<

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kansiov on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Just a note to all, you may just post ahead without me for the moment. I am on my phone most of the time for now so it's sorta difficult for me to churn out a decent post.

Kansiov
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alise120 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:25 pm

Alright Kansiov! I hope you'll post soon, though. :)

Alise120
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alan23 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:00 am

Just to let you guys know I'll be away for a few days, probably until the middle of next week - I have NOT abandoned this RP!

Alan23
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kansiov on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Got back from my vacation, I'm just wondering if this is roleplay is still going or is it halted for the moment?

Kansiov
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!