Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A.S.C.O.

A.S.C.O.

a part of “A.S.C.O.”, a fictional universe by Sciamancer.

[ACCEPTING new characters] You are a hunter, an agent of the Anti-Supernatural Creature Organization. There has recently been a surplus of work for you as attacks become more and more common. Survive the monsters and figure out what's going on.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.S.C.O.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A.S.C.O.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MapleDragon14 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:51 am

playing an insane character is fun as hell. i play an ocd neurotic man in a horror survival thing. wonderfully fun.

also, where are my team matesssss

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MapleDragon14
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MapleDragon14 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:39 am

D: oh god hes not that insane. thats hilarious. hurray for subplots and drama

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MapleDragon14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:03 pm

So, in an attempt to understand where the fuck everybody is, I checked their profiles. Most of them havent even been on since mid september. Like, on the actual site at all. So, ASCO is not dead. I am willing to bet that the majority of its players are simply busy with college and real life. The problem with getting good, literate RPers is that, more often than not, they are good students who work their asses off, and therefore dont have much free time. The ones who do have free time are the ones who write stuff like: "so, i wallk to the mudkip, and i sez, so, you liek mudkips? lol, trollface."

So lets just be patient. I will post later maybe.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh. Good idea, dionkar. And I am being impatient, I suppose. I'm still used to the wonderful pace of RP that we had enjoyed in the summer. Ahh, summer, you are long gone but still I miss you.

FYI, in all the places that everyone is going to, at least for now, English is spoken by most of the people, especially younger people. I checked the internet. But if you want to roleplay a language barrier, I won't stop you. Multilingualism is common in Greece; learning 2-3 (English, Greek, and another in High School) languages in modern school is the norm. About 70% of Greeks speak English (according to some actual Greek person from the internet), though many have a strange way of saying things (grammar and pronunciation). Since it is a small, isolated town, though, I suspect the number of English-speakers would be lower. Even so.
1. Join ASCO
2. Fight the monster.
3. Protect the people.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:25 pm

The hell is the IC ass backwards now? I liked it better when the most recent posts were first, and the later ones came later... However, I suppose if you're reading them chronologically, it'd make more sense, wouldn't it? Meh.

Right, the question on my tongue. Where is Titus, and can I resume? I'll be honest, I'm still feeling a bit bogged down, but I miss this. I manage to find time to waste on the internet, why not waste it productively?

I won't be signing up for five other RPs at the same time though...
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MapleDragon14 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:59 pm

basically the person playing titus is going to be MIA for a bit, so titus is in the hospital with burns from riding the ifrit
michael the chairperson is the new leader of the mission. we're walking down the stairs atm.

MapleDragon14
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:12 pm

*Raises hand*

The person playing Titus is yours truly.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Talisman, feel free to post and... I'll kick Michael out! Bye-bye, Michael! Have Titus appear on the bottom floor as they come down, I suppose, and tell Michael that he'll be taking over. Though I think only one of your teammates has posted... I'm considering realligning the missions so that the people who are active are all on the same teams (I think that will work?) and those that have not posted since the timeskip will be put into limbo until they come back. When they do come back, of course, we can get them right onto a mission.

So... the current teams:
Brennus Vercingetorix (active)
Yumi Rin (active)
Jason Cabella (active)
Song Shih (inactive)

(all active on John's team. I'll post soon. This is midterms week, so I've been busy.)

Titus Lancaster (active)
Aiden Steele (inactive)
Radmilla Manoylovich (inactive)
Lazarus Saviante (active)

I think that covers it, right? If I made a mistake someone tell me xD

Brennus' team can, for now, drag Song along or even just pretend she isn't coming along. Should she become active, we can ship her over. A 3-man team isn't bad. My team is of course fine, and in Greece. Titus' team is missing two people, which is a bit of a problem. Hmm. I'd send one of John's over to you, Talis, but we're already in Greece so it wouldn't make much sense. I'd probably drag along the girls and have them be generic backup, take into account their skills and personalities but don't characterize them. Don't kill them off. I suppose I could take them over. Or you guys could do a duo. 1x1 action. Absolutely no yaoi. :P

Where the hell are all of our female characters going, though? Odd coincidence?

And I agree. I preferred the posts when they weren't ass-backwards. Now I have to load another page to see the most recent posts. ANNOYING.
Last edited by Sciamancer on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Welcome back Talisman!

Also... goddamn that made me laugh.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:39 pm

right... 2 or 3 of the people who are on my team arent posting. And they havent been on in forever. Therefore, I will flex my Co-GM muscle and progress Wheatley and myself to the actual mission, and explain the other people's absence as they are in different areas of the Appalachian Mountains.

If anyone has any complaints, know in advance that I dont care. You have had long enough to put in something, and you havent. Anyone is free to ragequit like Noxize if ye disagree.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:44 pm

dionkar336 wrote:right... 2 or 3 of the people who are on my team arent posting. And they havent been on in forever. Therefore, I will flex my Co-GM muscle and progress Wheatley and myself to the actual mission, and explain the other people's absence as they are in different areas of the Appalachian Mountains.

If anyone has any complaints, know in advance that I dont care. You have had long enough to put in something, and you havent. Anyone is free to ragequit like Noxize if ye disagree.

Dionkar, 3 people is your whole team minus you, so I'm pretty sure it's not 3.
Hehehehe.
I might even get a post in tonight if I can get through some other things. If not, I will struggle to get one tomorrow. Weekend, busy busy weekend, here I come!

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:49 pm

Indeed, I was unsure of who was doing what. Wheatley, you are up, as i am posting shortly.

Das EDIT:

Hey Kiku, I almost forgot! Modern Greek actually is similar enough to Ancient Greek that you can get away with using either language interchangeably. In fact, some of the more secluded areas of Greece only speak Ancient Greek. For example, My family got lost on a big road trip through the mainland a few summers ago, and we stumbled upon this secluded town in the mountains where they only spoke the Ancient language. I had a blast! I never get to speak Ancient Greek. The main difference is that Ancient Greek is more.... eh. whats the word? Ah, its more efficient. Words become shortened, but are still understood. An example of this would be the phrase, "how are you?" becoming shortened to just "you?" but the word used and the inflection makes the meaning perfectly clear. Eh, not the best way to describe it. It doesnt make sense unless you know both languages! -_-

dionkar336
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Oh, hey cool! We'll play it like Netanya doesn't know that, and she can be happy as a clam when it totally works haha.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Can't post tommorow. Have a meeting with my law class about a project. (Just thought I'd tell ya now doinkar.)

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Eh, not a problem Wheatley. I'm all crazy busy anyway.

@Kiku: Hooray! Netanya finds happiness!

On an unrelated note, I feel physically sick and exhausted. College is brutal.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:40 pm

@Dion: Yeah, I wrote a grand total of 15 pages this weekend on top of studying for two exams, one of which is Latin and reading for two more classes. I feel your pain, dude.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:25 pm

We are soul mates bound by the common pain of college! lol, I kid. But daaaaaamn, that sucks. I actually would trade with you though. writing is a strength of mine, math is not. I had an insane amount of calculus and jazz to do. As well as study. Im fried

dionkar336
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:47 am

Pardon my language but...

Fuck college... Srsly.

I just finished a Bio test that beat me about the head and neck, I have a sucky chemistry lab to go to tonight, and I'm struggling in homework, everywhere. A paper due for Bio lab and graph for Chem lab.

Now that my rant is done, I probably should get on some of that.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:47 am

Hey guys... What day is it? It feels like I haven't been here in forever. This is actually the first bit of free time I've had in.... I don't even know. And I cant stay long, as I have to get up early tomorrow. And then more calculus until my brain explodes. And... I NEED TO SCHEDULE A FUCKING READING TEST, BECAUSE JUST BECAUSE I AVERAGE A 3.5 + GPA, IT DOESN'T NECESSARILY IMPLY THAT I COULD READ!!!!!!

Yea. Im just. Yea.. waaaaayyy too much to complain about. I am... actually pretty damn close to murdering someone. The bastards dont want to let me graduate unless i could prove that I am smarter than the average stoned monkey. How goddamn asinine.

Well, ta-ta good fellows, I need a minor mental breakdown. I miss Machina, and I now totally understand why she had to leave. Kiku... I have no idea how you are still doing this, but I think it is safe to assume you are some kind of inhuman genius who never needs to sleep... Or pretends to while actually just finishing whatever work is leftover.

Alrighty, off to go explode now.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:08 pm

-Solemnly hands Dion a cookie.-

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!