Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

a part of “Avatar: A War Between Nations”, a fictional universe by Salroka.

We all know about the War and how it ended, but did the world simply wait for the Avatar's return all this time? Or, was there another opposing force long ago that had been swept under the sands of time?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Avatar: A War Between Nations”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Avatar: A War Between Nations

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Corvan on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:44 pm

ill resubmit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Corvan
Member for 17 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shinku122 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:51 pm

Hey Salroka, I have a good idea for an avatar roleplay that my friend came up with. I asked her if I could give it to you as a suggestion, and she said yes. I'll pm it to you
Image ~La de da ~ <3 Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shinku122
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby projectdarkeden on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:10 pm

ill resubmit also

projectdarkeden
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OldSkoolGirl on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:19 pm

I'll resubmit

OldSkoolGirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Machubi-Uniki on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:02 pm

I would...if you want me too. I could come up with a better character or a different one or or or....whatever it is you would like me to do. I'd even be willing to help with a concrete story, though I'm not all to sure how helpful I will be...>.> <.< Only, however, if you wish me to. ^-^

"I laugh at funny things. I laugh in the face of danger. Therefore, danger has a funny face." ~ME <3
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." ~Groucho Marx

Machubi-Uniki
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShadeYuka on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Salroka wrote:ATTENTION EVERYONE:

I'm thinking about restarting this roleplay, for its overall lacking of connection that I have overlooked. Things won't change much, I'm just wondering how many people would be willing to submit again, if I gave them a more concrete story?

I'll re-submit my main character, and then create hostile Firebender to actually use for most of the story.

ShadeYuka
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OldSkoolGirl on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Just a note: I will not be on anymore after 6:30pm today and I wont be on a lot this week and by the by (<--- yes I meant to say that) I will add another character and I might move on with my main one or not

OldSkoolGirl
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:29 pm

I'll resubmit as well. :)

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakuri-chan on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:38 pm

I'll resubmit. ^^
"I'm just a wandering spirit, dead and gone, a blank void, as empty as can be...a lonely ghost."

Jakuri-chan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Salroka on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Salroka
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:06 pm

Il resubmit. I might need a link tho.....
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby projectdarkeden on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:10 pm

sso is this one going to end

projectdarkeden
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Salroka on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:23 pm

@projectdarkeden: Yes, there isn't enough for me to work with on this one.

@Squishy: I've posted one.

Salroka
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vio-Lance on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:16 pm

It's time for constructive critisizm. If we're abandoning this roleplay, we need to at least talk about what went wrong, what the GM didn't like, and how we can fix that. I appologize for my absense, by the way. My brother invited me to stay at his house with his family. So I appologize for the absense.

Anyway, moving on to constructive critisizm.

Problem 1: "Overtrekking".
As I said in the begining, there is a lot of land to hypothetically cover. It's an entire world! Having two "starting points" that are so distanced by... everything is a huuuuuge gamble. Players can't advance the plot by meeting other characters. Not only that, players at the less active area are kind of left high and dry while the rest of the roleplayers move on to have a damn party. It's usually a gamble that doesn't pay off, and doesn't even have a big reward. Many great roleplays I've been in have fallen to this exact problem, and to be completely honest, I was not surprised when this happened here. The GM was stranded on his/her starting point with a few characters, meanwhile the rest of the characters were off in another city already interacting. And if a GM looses interest, well, the entire roleplay has no drive, and there is little can be done to save it other than simply restart.

They way we fix it:
Overtrekking happens when all the players are too far spread out to have cohesive interaction If Player A is getting robbed by five guys, and only has Player B to help him, while players C,D,E,F,G and H are all in the peaceful little town, there is a problem. This can be fixed by having a set, sole starting point. But it doesn't have to be exact! Say the starting point is a rural town. Player A can be a resident blacksmith. Player B can be staying in an inn room. Player C can be a traveller, and just coming into the town. Player D can go and be a mercenary guard hired by the town. And it just goes on and on. Everyone is in the same place, and can fluidly interact without getting ignored. Because in a city, if a bar brawl breaks out, God knows , you'lll have EVERYONE flying up your ass about it.

2: Indefinite direction:
It's absolutely cool that you want to have a free action roleplay! That's totally fine. But there has to be some kind of guide lines. Some kind of story or goal to reach overall; general or exact. Thats why in Dungeons and Dragons, and a hundred-thousand kantrillion tabletop roleplaying games, there IS a GM. He narrates the story, and overall sets the goals and quests for this entire deal. If you would move on to a game where the Gm is like," Hey, do whatever you want!" Then it'd get real dull real fast, unless someone set some kind of goal or figured something that needed to be done. Frankly, if there is no struggle, then there is no action, no drama, and no sorrow. So now you have a bland, tasteless roleplay that noone wants to play in.

How we fix it:
It's simple, really. Have a general story. As with the other one, it doesn't have to be anything drastic or overpowering. But if we don't have any idea of what we're doing... Then of course we're just going to yutz around untill we're bored, and then we have people that drop. And THAT isn't fun.

Other than that... I really can't pick out any serious problem other than those. If anyone has something to add, you're more than welcome to.
"People should not fear their government.
Governments should fear their people."
"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Behind this mask, there is an idea.
And ideas, Mister Creedy... are bulletproof."

Vio-Lance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!