Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A.S.C.O.

A.S.C.O.

a part of “A.S.C.O.”, a fictional universe by Sciamancer.

[ACCEPTING new characters] You are a hunter, an agent of the Anti-Supernatural Creature Organization. There has recently been a surplus of work for you as attacks become more and more common. Survive the monsters and figure out what's going on.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A.S.C.O.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A.S.C.O.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:55 pm

My previous statement still stands...
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:51 am

If only all cookies were digital internet cookies. I ended up binging quite a bit, which doesn't matter since I try to maintain some degree of fitness, but it made me physically ill. Ah well, thanks for the cookie Kiku, it made my soul feel better. In return, I send unto ye the Luck of the Irish! May all your endeavors be blessed with whimsical Leprechaun magic!
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:18 pm

I think we may have crossed the magical threshold from "slow-moving" to "dead and buried."
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Unfortunately, I may have to agree. The new site layout is freaking me out a bit. I also think I may have to pull a Machina. College, work, and RPG is just way too much to deal with.

This depresses me. Actually, I will stay on, but I think I can only join RP's with just a small close knit group. Kiku, Scia, Kumori, Gracie, and Talis basically. People I have experience with and could trust (Though Kumori is kinda on my shit list right now). So if you guys are interested in trying a smaller rp, I am totally in

dionkar336
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Orange, orange everywhere.

It's going to be a shock when they revert the site, my eyes have already got use to the orange.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:48 pm

I am glad that I am your list despite only RPing with you twice (including this RP). I appreciate it.

Anyway, I think that perhaps having a small group is better, but we must always be on the look-out for more to join our secret society. Did I say secret society? I meant totally innocent roleplay group. But yeah. Small group, but be on the look out for new people. Maybe one RP with the small group and another open one. Looking for talent.

I really hated the orange!

I'm upset about this RP, but I can't say I'm surprised, sadly. I'm up for a smaller group RP with some of the best RPers I've met (ie, those that dionkar listed... plus a few more?)

Maybe I'm just being slow, but what is Gracie's full username? Doesn't sound familiar. I'd add Shiva to that list. Unless Shiva is Gracie. Then I'd feel really stupid.

Any ideas for a small-group roleplay that all of our small-group would be interested in? Specific ideas or genres. We all liked Insurrection, so it's safe to say that we all like dystopians, sci-fis, and super-powers. Everyone on that list joined this RP I think, so Contemporary Fantasy goes on that list along with the idea of being a regular human and hunting monsters. Hmm. I'm going to throw ideas out like tossing shit out of a dumpster: something might be useful in there, but it would take some work to clean it up.

Forms of Necromancy exist in a modern setting. Anything from speaking with the dead to resurrecting them. A variety of undead monsters, some of which could be playable. Anyone up for playing a vampire that's actually a resurrected corpse? Or a zombie! A lich! A ghost! There's more than one way to keep someone alive who shouldn't be. Plot on this one I'm still pondering. Some Holy(-ier-than-thou) Order out to get them could be interesting. Switch the roles of good and evil. Still seems cliche, though... we could also have the two opposite sides, but with such a small group that might not work quite as well.

Several hundred years from now, a plague swept across the earth wiping out most animal life. Scientists, in their desperation to stay alive, fused humans with non-animal lifeforms/bred sentient non-human lifeforms by splicing human genes with others. Can't decide which one. The results are plant/fungus people. Probably mostly plant. Blargh plant-based superpowers. At some stage of development in a new society, whether that be just as these plant people are emerging, several generations later, or what. This sort of idea has been on my mind for a while but it always seems retarded when I try to flesh it out.

You are a supernatural creature, but have only the cons and none (or very very few) of the pros of being said creature. Vampire needs blood, turns to ash in sunlight, and burns when it touches holy objects, but is not immortal, not strong, not fast, cannot transform, and to top it all off has no fangs. Werewolf turns into an absolutely uncontrollable wolf during the full moon and has a horrible silver allergy. Etc. Taken from an ideas thread here on RPG

Okay, so the dumpster didn't have much in it. I'd do an ASCO with this smaller group, but after this one failed, it just feels... wrong. Repetitive. You guys have any ideas/actually think my ideas are good? I'll brainstorm more. I need to RP! This and another one on another site are all I'm in, and the other one doesn't look good activity-wise.

EDIT: I just realized that none of these ideas have real plots. How is plott formed? How roleplay get plotted?
1. Join ASCO
2. Fight the monster.
3. Protect the people.
4. ???
5. Profit.

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:34 pm

I kind of like the idea of Necromancy. Really never see necromantic rp's out there. Asco had some epic potential, but due to some unpredictable circumstances (random drop outs, unexpllained no posts, excessive work) it could not continue. Sadface. Smaller groups with trusted players is best, because if one of us isn't posting, we can always yell at the non poster until they post. To answer the question, Gracie's full name is SarahGracie, and she is pretty dern fun.

dionkar336
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sciamancer on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:57 am

Alrightie. If everyone agrees to a Necromancy RP, then we can work on fleshing it out, but if anyone has a better idea, do tell. Since ASCO is dead (sadface), I assume everyone here in our "small group" would be fine with starting a new RP. Right?

Sciamancer
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:48 am

Not dead, just abandoned. Roleplays never die, Dion. They just float off into cyberspace and get compressed and deleted. But they don't die, never forget that!
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dionkar336 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:45 am

Well, that thought gave me some measure of solace. Necromancy RP anyone?

dionkar336
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!