Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A Never Ending Darkness

A Never Ending Darkness.

a part of “A Never Ending Darkness”, a fictional universe by Neru.

See inside~

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Never Ending Darkness”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A Never Ending Darkness.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:34 pm

I think we should start off with Ashi unleashing the dark clouds across the country since that's what kick starts the events I think. (And I'm not just saying that for screen time)

[edit] That reminds me, I forgot to make my suggestions for the shadow's powers. While one of the ideas I had was along the lines of what Neru was thinking (making anytype of weapon or object out of darkness) another suggestion I had was the ability to shape shape and size depending on how much darkness was around that particular shadow.

Personally I think each of the shadows should have their own variation of dark powers and be limited (slightly) by a factor of how dark the area is.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashbugg22 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:33 pm

I think that’s a really good idea to start the story off with so we have the main conflict from the start. So have Ashi’s scene of letting out the shadow minions, then we come to a post for each princess in her daily life as an introduction to who they are and an opening for the demons to start stalking them? Perhaps a creepy under tone, and very close calls to direct interaction. Then perhaps the king and queen hear that Ashi has sent out the shadows so they send for the girls, maybe like a post where a carriage picks up each girl and then brings them all back to the palace.

Again another good idea Wake for the powers of the shadow minions. Each minion should have their own set of powers. Also can Ashi destroy his minion if he wants to or does he have control of them no matter what? That could be used as leverage later on in the story once the couples have fallen in love.

Also, I understand a huge part of the plot is the demon’s falling in love with their princess which creates greater conflict. I would just like to say we should stay away from a “love at first sight” type of thing. Gradually ease into passionate love. Otherwise it seems very unbelievable and chemistry doesn’t come that quickly even when just writing about it.

But those are just my thoughts. What do you guys think?
“Do not expect the cliché…”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ashbugg22
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 pm

I have a few things planed in mind for Ashi and his actions in the story. I'd like to think that Ashi put in the 'falls-in-love-turns-into-a-human' clause in the shadow's design as part of a back plain encase they ever became disloyal so they would become weaker. I guess If we wanted something to add to the drama I could say that Ashi can put compulsion effect on the shadows that 'compelled' them to obey his orders. The shadows themselves might try to find loopholes in his orders in the later stages of the roleplay (example: If Ashi says "go over there" the servant can take advantage of the fact Ashi never said when or how they had to go to that place.)

For the most part I think I would have him calling up the shadow minions for regular status updates while he's marching his army across the contry side.

(Oh yeah that's the other thing. I'm going to occasionally write out battle scenes between Ashi's army and the Selina military as a occasional reminder that 'yes he's coming, yes he's not just sitting on his hind quarters while his minions are out frolicking with his enemy, and yes things are eventually going to hit the fan)

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:16 am

Previously we started pretty much the way you described, although the process is more that Ashi's shadow is slowly spreading the dark clouds and his hordes of shadow creatures across the countryside. He has heard they are being gathered and sends the Shadow Minions out to capture the girls, bring them back to him so he can disprove the prophecy. That's what I did, just some ideas for you. I also had him as arrogant and self-righteous, which mean there was no clause.
I said the Shadow Minions were the only shadow beings capable of completely imitating a human and completely bound to his commands unless they somehow gain a ''soul" as I put it. Of course that would never happen, would it now? No, of course not, it requires them falling in love which of course is impossible.
My Ashi overlooked this small detail in their existence, he simply told them to get the princesses and bring them back. Lots of loopholes in that. Yet he actually has command of their form, able to transform them back to shadow. Again, more suggestions only, just do your own thing as long as its alright with Neru.

I agree with Ash, we can avoid the cliche. Then again, the cliche should always be avoided whatever roleplay you're in. One thing we have to bear in mind is how the Princesses and the Shadow Minions meet and such. You would think that their parents would be very cautious considering Ashi is approaching. You could even have further conflict because the Shadow Minions are trying to get on the Princess's affections so as to draw them away, then start falling for them and have the internal struggle between love and command.
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neru on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:34 pm

Sorry for my sever lack in reply everyone. I really did not think I'd be getting this busy. But now I'm back.

So far all the suggestions are great. I really ike them all and think this will turn out great. Now I'm just putting the finishing touches on my girl, and waiting for Karkat to submit their character.
Anyways. For the princess's like Ash stated I was thinking we could have each do an introduction post, where they are just with those they believe are their family. Then they could receive a letter or something, along with a carriage to return each of the girls back home. Of course it's going to be diffilcut to gain the girls trust(At least in my mind it would be.) seeing how they just found out everything they thought was truth was a lie. In a sense. And of course the things Wake has planed for Ashi are okay with me.
"We can deny our angels exsit. Convince ourselves they can't be real. But they show up anyway. At strange places, and strange times. They can speak through any character we can imagine. They'll shout through demons if they have to. Daring us. Challenging us to fight." - Sucker Punch.

Neru
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gezzygezzy on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Oooh! I have an idea for the shadow powers! You know how Ashi created the minions out of shadows? Well, since they became solid objects then couldn't the shadow minions make solid objects too? Except they probably couldn't be alive because Ashi is the great and powerful and only he can create living shadows and all that good stuff. Tada!!!! That's my idea.
And we're all just a little insane...

gezzygezzy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:59 pm

@grezzygrezzy that's where the creating weapons thing comes from.

Anyway should we wait a little while longer for karkat (and our missing third shadow minion) or should I put in a post for Ashi sometime tonight?

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashbugg22 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:46 pm

I think we should start soon. If we need to some of us can fill in for whatever other characters are needed.

Ashbugg22
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gezzygezzy on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Oh...
I'll just, forget I said anything.
*Mopes in the corner*

XD I don't get upset.

gezzygezzy
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neru on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Oh wow..-_- I completely uh..FAIL>< Yes Wake you can do the opening post for Ashi now. Like Ash said if we need anyone else I'll look around for someon to fill in. Uh damn work >< made me a freakin zombie. SO SORRY

Neru
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:39 am

Kay, was waiting for the go ahead. I'll kick things off some time tomorrow.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashbugg22 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:53 pm

Cool, dont worry bout it Neru :) we can all pitch in if there is empty space.
I will post soon as I get a chance. (likely soon after Wake)

Ashbugg22
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:42 pm

I'm about half way through with the Ashi's intro, but this might take a while since it's a long one.

[edit] Finally done.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gezzygezzy on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 pm

...Wow. Ummmm, I gonna tell you guys right now that Wake's post was probably the BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN! It's like book good! Like, turman award book, which here in Ole' Missouri, is really good.

gezzygezzy
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashbugg22 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:07 am

This is epic, just saying. Haha, anyway love how collaborative this group is. Everyone has really good ideas and attitudes about this.

Also sorry bout the wait (I said I would have it sooner), I will most likely have my post up by tomorrow though ^_^

EDIT: Sorry yall, my post will actually take a few days! I’m sorries!

EDIT2: All done with Neboka's entry post :D

Ashbugg22
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:00 am

Going on a rood trip so my next post will have some delay. In the mean time can someone find out what happened to TemplarWarden.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashbugg22 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:17 am

You back Wake??? :)

Ashbugg22
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:19 pm

I baack. Sorry the trip took a bit of time. I'll get a post out ether tonight or tomorrow.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashbugg22 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:42 pm

no problemo, glad you are back (: I hope you had fun

Ashbugg22
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!