Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Reborn

Reborn

a part of “Reborn”, a fictional universe by Lovely VonSchultz.

"My skin was still. No longer tingling with nighttime sensations. The room became stifling. I walked out into the party I had crashed. No one had noticed before, no one noticed now."

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Reborn”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Reborn

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Hm... on the Violet question, it could imply be that she has an individual power that not many people get, kind of like Sebastiane's only, well, they're more likely to get their hands on it.Maybe she can do something really awesome/creepy, like see into memory on contact or something. Think of all the advantage that would give the Authority over pretty much anyone. 0.0

Of course, if you want to pick something else, that's totally cool; I'm just throwing out ideas. Also, maybe a few years after? That way, she's still really new at this whole vampire business, but the VA's had enough time to figure out what she is and decide they want her powers under their thumb or what have you.

I'm loving the hunter group already. So many fun ideas! Also, Yonny, you always pick really awesome names. Tell me your secrets!

Also: Angsty!Violet and Chivalrous!Whatshisname, because I love assigning labels to things.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:59 pm

I agree with Kuku! Violet should have some sort of mega-power that sets her apart from other vampires. Might influence how the vampires want to protect her and how the Hunter's see her as an incredible threat. Something that could be used to cause detrimental damage to humankind, or even pose as a threat to everyone, including vampires. Who knows. It all depends on the relationship between Hunters and Vampires and humans; does everyone know that the organization and species exist, amongst humans? Uh, uh, and she should be new with all the vampire things. That way, Violet can learn all her abilities and have Sebastiane as a mentor. Maybe they develop a lot quicker than normal vampires. I'd think she'd have a lot less weaknesses, too. Though, that could also develop with her abilities.

Kufufufufuf; I can't wait for the Hunter's to interact with each other. I think Chivalrous!Hunter team up with Angry!Zora and pick on poor Goofy!Kasse. Poor Goofy!Kasse. Definitely not a good example of chivalry and gentlemanly manners. Nope, nope. More like that irritatingly lazy brother that lays on the floor and says things like, "Ugh. Gravity's pulling me... to the ground, ugh. Can't stand... anymore. You'll have to go--ah, without me." And, "While your gone, you should definitely get me a soda." He'll be loads of fun. And of course, Kasse is terrified when Zora get's angry at him, so he might not comfort her so much as he'll hop off to find her a coffee or something else that she likes, with a "Soooooo, don't kill me, ya'?"

PS: I love labels! Also, I actually picked the majority of my character's names from a) Carbonated beverages from different countries, or b) Snipping country names or jumbling them together to form another name.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:42 pm

OKAY! My fiance helped me out with a name, because I was having the WORST time thinking of one. (He so good, comin' up with Roz. How awesome!) ANYWHO!

On to Miss Violet the Angst. What if when she touches someone, she can alter their minds? Make them believe in something they might never actually believe? Or make them become something they weren't meant to become? Say, Sebastiane sees someone becoming a martyr... Violet interrupts and they become a murder? That's a pretty advantageous power for someone like the VA to own, and also something the Human Race and Hunters don't want around.

Yes? No? Maybe... snow?

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:24 am

That's a pretty good idea, Vonny! Maybe, just for the sake of everyone else's sanity, it takes a few minutes of constant contact to do so? So it could be worked on prisoners or willing volunteers, but not so easily on someone who was actively resisting? Still completely badass, but a little less poof! now you aren't angry anymore mwahahaha. (^_^)

Goofy!Kasse "Insert mildly offensive comment here."

Angry!Zora "I hate you."

Chivalrous!Roz "She has a point, you know. You should be more polite."

Angry!Zora: "Shut up, Roz, I didn't ask for your help!"

Cue collective male sigh, followed by frustrated huffing and stalking off.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:32 am

Oooo, yes, great idea! Constant contact for .... an approximate amount of time. We won't put a number too it, just say she usually needs a bit alone with whoever is the victim.

Teehee at awesome scene!

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 am

Kiku, I can't find the linkage you gave me for the picture/banner deal for the Intro. Mind sending on here so that I might posty-post it? :D

NEVERMIND! :D GOT IT! xD

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 pm

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS TO FIND A PICTURE OF A ONE-ARMED DUDE? I guess I could've just sketched him. Anyhow, so at least Kassiel's general profile is up. I'm still workin' away at him and Malta. Oh, oh. And I was wondering: Kasse lost his arm on a mission that went awry (Something like that, anyway. I haven't worked out the kinks, yet) and I was wondering whether or not either Roz or Zora would have been there. Witnessed it. Which once and how would that affect them?

I keep having this corny image of some kind of cliff-side battle (Definitely wouldn't be surprised if Lion King or this weird cartoon I can't remember that had this woman who grappled at the side of a bluff, trying to save her brother before he fell to his death... what the hell was that? Later on, that brother or friend or whatever ended up being trapped in a panther body. The ladies' name was something weird. Something like numbers. Uhf, I forget) and trying to pull a fellow Hunter up. Perhaps, a relative. In doing so, it lets his guard down and some nasty comes up behind him and slices his arm off, effectively letting the Hunter / relative / whatever plunge to his death. He'd pass out. Roz or Zora might've been the ones to save him. Ideas, ideas?

EDIT: OH MI GAWWWWWWWWWWWWD. It was called Cybersix. What a great series. Anyone remember it?

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:07 pm

OF COURSE, Roz wouldn't like to take ALL the glory, but I would suppose he would be more likely to save a fellow hunter's life. THAT IS, only because Zora seems so friggin' angry and she'd (I'm guessing) would be more like... "You idiot... you deserved it." Amiright? Or Amiwrong? CORRECT ME PLEASE

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!! My fiance and I have already exchanged gifts and he bought me an entire studio recording microphone setup. Filter, stand, mic, and shock absorber. I squeed until I passed out and then started singing into it. Hurry Hurry!! Let's get a theme song for this RP and I will do some a capella crap on it! (Still working on the editing software to put the music in with it.)

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:04 am

Yay for awesome gifts! Congratulations, Vonny!

And Zora would probably say he deserved it for being dumb, but she'd actually super-respect him for it. Family is pretty much the only thing that matters to her, which is kind of a shame, because... well, I'll leave that one a cliffhanger until I get her history sorted out exactly the way I want it.

My characters are taking so long. >_<

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:54 am

That's seriously awesome. Merry Christmas, folks! You definitely have to Capella some of our character themes AND Reborn's theme. And before Christmas. Le gasp. Actually, that's alright. Seems to me that we have Christmas a little earlier each year. We're celebrating today, with loads of finger foods and corny movies. Huzza' for weird traditions.

Pshaww; Kuku. You guys' are way faster than me. At least you have both your characters up there. I'm still dinging away at Kasse and still need to form Malta's base. Damnit.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:39 pm

HOLIDAYS SLOW EVERYTHING DOWN! >/

But I did discover this song when I decided to actually listen to the entire The Civil Wars album. My first thought was AcexAstrid, but it could also definitely suit SebastianexMalta.... maybe.... from what I know so far it seems like it might fit.

Def AcexAstrid. (Which, Yonny, if I can get the FRIGGIN' TIME, we need to get started on that little 1x1 doozy.)

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:21 am

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.

I'm such a nerd. I got a heap load of PS3 games that have been nabbing all my time. Not to mention a new sewing machine. It's now my baby, I named it Watson. Which songs! I didn't notice but I actually have some Civil War songs on my iPod. Too many songs remind me of AcexAstrid. Specifically: Travelling by Ambulance by Monarchy ; Shelter by the XX ; Heart Skipped a Beat by the XX ; Bleed Like Me by Trapt ; All the Same by Sick Puppies ; and Cold Desert by Kings of Leon.

I love me some song matchin'.

DEFINITELY. I wanted to bug you, but I knew that the holidays had you bogged down. No worries. I didn't forget!

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Seb is DONE! Well, mostly. I might add a few touches here and there, and I think you and I should discuss backstory a little more, Yonny, but other than that, he's ready to roll.

Now, to get crackin' on Zora...

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:11 pm

>_> I just had a thought...

What if Violet hasn't shown Sebastiane what her power is? Or would he know by default, because of his own power? <_< If that's the case, perhaps they've never openly talked about it?

Also, I would guess Violet lives with Sebastiane as his "ward"? I can change it, but I just wanted to make sure.

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:06 am

I think he would probably know because of his own. He'd wait until she was ready to discuss it with him, unless he thought it was going to drive her crazy like his did to him, so I'll leave that up to you.

And yeah, he'd probably insist that she live with him, since he probably has a fair idea that the VA would be after her by this point.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:40 pm

It just occurred to me that we are probably the slowest collection of three people ever.

Not that I'm complaining. You guys do lovely work; I'm just occasionally surprised when I remember that I still have work to do for this. (^_^)

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:48 am

Bah, I know, eh? At least we're all incredibly patient with each other. Like, I definitely won't leave this. No one can make me, as long as you guys' put up with my slowness. I'm almost finished with Kassiel, just need to work out the kinks of his history. That's seriously the most tedious part of creating a character; I secretly hate it.

Oh, oh. I actually have a few questions regarding Malta. When Sebastiane met Malta, were they the same age or did Sebastiane come to her looking as he does now? Also, do the Vampire's get stuck at a certain age, the age which they were turned or do they gradually look older by hundreds of years? Just wondering before I start on her history. Oh, yeah. And powers? The Hunter's all have their own subsequent powers, right? Something like a mutation or superpower or do they just all have general abilities like flexibility, strength, hand-to-hand combat, archery, acrobatics and stuff? Are they born with this superpowers, or are they bestowed on them during the Rites of the Hunter, depending on their personalities? Man, I had a lot of questions I shoulda' asked a long time ago.

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:48 pm

Haha, I'll answer the way I was thinking, but by all means if anyone has better ideas, chime in and I will gleefully change plans.

So I gave the Malta thing some thought. There would probably be a few years in between Sebastiane's changing and hers, during which he was off going insane because he could see the future. So. I was gonna say that they knew each other as children, and Seb was changed pretty early in life, say in his early teens. He goes off, gets over the insane, and comes back because he thinks she's gonna die.

I think maybe if someone is changed as a child or whatever, they age normally until they hit their physical prime, so to speak, then stop. People who get changed beyond that (which doesn't happen often, but Sebastiane has done it) just don't age anymore, but get all the extra strength, etc. The whole process is really difficult, and kills quite a lot of people the way it's usually done. Sebastiane makes a point of remaining around for the whole deal and explaining every step of the process to them, as well as restraining them if it looks like they're going to go nuts, which is something he would have done with Malta also.

As for the hunters, I was wondering about when they got the powers, too. I think we say with the rites of initiation, since otherwise we might randomly have a bunch of superpowered humans running around for no reason, or hunters without powers. I was thinking that it was kind of like the Wardens (there's a reference for ya, Yonny) in that they drink a cocktail of supernatural stuff, which does some voodoo math with their personality and gives them powers. I think the additional strength/reflexes/whatever is standard, but every once in a while, someone gets something else too.

Thoughts?

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:46 pm

AAAHHH!!!! This week has sucked mass balls. Terrible, terrible things have happened and my new CNA class is a JOKE!

And that is why I have been practically invisible here on RPG.

I really like the idea of the potion/concoction thingy for giving the Hunters powers at their initiation. It would make becoming a Hunter very prestigious, as if being one meant being someone with great importance and not just some mercenary. Not to say that most act like mercs, but the idea is that they are well revered. (And I can't help but laugh at what Roz's reaction would be if he got a "girlie" power. HA! Still working on that, however.)

To expand on our Vampire lore, from what Kiku was talking about. The aging process for Vampires (being changed at a young age and maturing physical until their prime) would be a nifty way to explain Vampire born. If we wanted that to be a possibility, we could introduce the idea of Vampires having children. Obviously the births wouldn't be anything like human births. Perhaps they last much longer, and the "host" is killed in the process? You'd have to think, something purebred like that would be incredibly dangerous.

I'm only saying this if we'd like to explore that in the story. It's something I've always thought about, but it might crowd the main and subplots we've got going on. -shruggage- Perhaps I am just babbling.

I SHALL RETURN TO MY WORK. A little bit tonight, a lotta bit tomorrow night. ;D

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:35 pm

I think a vampire birth, should we choose to include them, would end up creating a being of equal strength to the average of its parents. Half DNA and all that. Ordinary changing naturally dilutes things a bit, which accounts for some of the differences in ability between people. Maybe a common myth is that vampires gain strength with age, but maybe they just figure out how to use it. The real strength is the degree to which they share in the blood of Vlad the Impaler, the original vampire. Having been changed directly by him, Sebastiane's seriously dangerous, and Malta and Violet, changed by him, would be too. One of the reasons the VA doesn't like him/them/wants to control Violet?

Killing the mother would be an interesting twist.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!