Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Masses of the Dead

Masses of the Dead

a part of “Masses of the Dead”, a fictional universe by TheFlag.

The Dead have risen, can you survive this pending apocalypse?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Masses of the Dead”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Masses of the Dead

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFlag on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:10 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Masses of the Dead"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Yes, I could use some great philosophical quote that would mind f%?@ you or I could do something worthwhile hmm!?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheFlag
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Masses of the Dead

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFlag on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Feel free to post question here.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheFlag
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unmog on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi, I'm new, still getting used to navigating the forums. I had a few questions if you don't mind. I'm interested in the RP, but I was wondering about what you're looking for in characters. For instance, what sort of perks [advantages, things they're good at etc] could you give your character? Note that all of these don't really apply to me or the character I'm thinking of, just relevant questions. How many people are you thinking about allowing before you start the RP, and how many before you close it? How long will the RP take, or I guess a better way of asking it is what is the general goal of the RP other than not getting eaten, how long do you plan to take it? Granted I know all our characters will have their own goal but I mean a general goal for the RP. I hear that zombie RP's don't usually last long around here and the only reason I can think of would be a lack of direction to take the story. Speaking of which, do you think the world will be "ended" because of this zombie outbreak in a global situation, or is this zombie thing restricted to just an area and we're all quarantined/whatever. Just trying to get a general scope of the virus infection/severity.

Onto more character specific questions. Can we play multiple characters? If so, how many? Could someone have their character be immune, whether the character knows this or not is another thing. Could someone start with a weapon, and I don't mean like a baseball bat or an wood cutting axe. Do you want all the characters in one group, or do you plan to have opposing groups that fight each other for resources/religion/racism/etc on top of surviving through the zombie problem? Do you plan to keep the RP in Newyork or are we going to be able to travel? What sort of "experience" are we allowed to give our characters, paramilitary? Medical/Doctor? Mechanic/Electrician? What sort of age group are we allowed to play, kids/elderly? Could we play an animal? Are animals immune?

Now more questions about the zombies. Individually how tough are they on average? Do they go down easily aka bat to the head or are they tough enough to keep getting back up even after running them down with a car several times. Increased strength or no? If so how strong are they? Do they run at you like L4D or do they shamble at you like more traditional zombies? [Ooops, just noticed in reading it again that you do mention they can only shamble at you. Sorry :)] Speaking of L4D, any "special" infected zombies? Can we play as one? How do zombies typically find "survivors"? By sound, smell or sight? Or do they just have a "zombie vision" sort of ability? How is the infection generally passed on... only through bites? What about scratches? What if you get blood on you from say, beating a zombie's brains out with a tire iron? Is it still airborne? Infected water sources?

Now more about general RP questions. What are you expecting as far as average posting times/length? What if someone can't be around for a while and lets you know? What if they can't be around and don't let you know? Things like that... what do you expect out of us in general? Oh, and I'm new like I said, I wouldn't mind getting a little help in figuring out how to traverse the forum tabs and such a little easier... did I post this in the right spot? I think I did but in case not, it was an accident. :p That's about everything I can think of.

unmog
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFlag on Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:17 pm

o_o Holy shi- Oh I mean well okay...
Well honestly I like quite a few characters in an RP but I don't like a bundle of characters do I'd say around ten before I close of new characters. About skills it's whatever your characters good at for instance a reporter may have skills in lock picking and so and so. But for general story, plot wise some people may pave their own way but there is going to be a general plot if that's what you mean. Hmm for this I'm sure it's going to be the entire world with pockets of general survivors.

As for other characters you can have around 2. Well the type of virus there is a reason why it takes characters 24 hours that's one of the reason why they didn't get infected in the initial wave, but in general I'm thinking cure wise anti virus, but a Carrier might be okay you'll have to confirm it with me though. Weapons that goes with profession, history your character could be a Police Officer or a drug dealer. As for opposing groups, perhaps later in the RP I'm focusing on the first wave and how people will cope with it. As for keeping it in New York, I'm sure it's going to stay in New York. Next question your character can be specialized in anything, just keep the extreme badass skills for later. Age group I'm fine with any age. Animals are no go's due to lack of interaction, and yes animals can get infected.

As for general toughness a Zombies only functioning organ it needs is it's brain you'll either have to cause mass physical trauma to the body, or damage its brain which ceases functions. Zombies are rotted their muscle tissue is a lot weaker varying for how long they've been a Zombie, so no they are not at all strong. A Zombie has no sense apart from sight and even after the persons left it will shamble in their general direction. As said generally you can survive the infection, in small doses, so a scratch, won't infect you neither will airborne.

As for length I would like around one paragraph at least, as there's so much to write about. If someone can't be back for a while I would like notice and perhaps a post about them hiding somewhere. Generally I would like the characters to have at least 4 Posts a week. As for posting it, you did a good job.

TheFlag
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Lookin forward to this rp :P

Zombicide93
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zombicide93 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Lookin forward to this rp :P

Zombicide93
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unmog on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:05 am

TheFlag wrote:o_o Holy shi- Oh I mean well okay...

I guess I tend to have that effect on lots of people :p

As for general toughness a Zombies only functioning organ it needs is it's brain you'll either have to cause mass physical trauma to the body, or damage its brain which ceases functions. Zombies are rotted their muscle tissue is a lot weaker varying for how long they've been a Zombie, so no they are not at all strong. A Zombie has no sense apart from sight and even after the persons left it will shamble in their general direction. As said generally you can survive the infection, in small doses, so a scratch, won't infect you neither will airborne.

That's interesting, since most things I see try and super power the zombies some. Treating them like rabid dogs amped up on 100% adrenaline when they go in attack mode. Still I think they'd have to be strong enough to tear someone apart at least. Also I see most times where the zombie is actually considered blind, which is a good explanation for why their eyes are cloudy and all white most times, things like car alarms and gunshots attract them a lot. Do the zombies attack each other you think or are they just able to look at and realize what looks like "good food" [people/animals] and what is bad food? [other zombies] Could people fool zombies by dressing up as a zombie and shambling around ya think?

As for posting it, you did a good job.

YAY :3

unmog
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFlag on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:01 am

Strength depends on how long they've been a zombie for example if one has just turned they'll have normal strength but it deteriorates rapidly. Zombies do have some sense of sight yes, but yes they'll be able to hear and smell. Last thing Zombies won't attack each other because they can't eat infected flesh, it's more of a sense that tells them they're a Zombie so dressing up as one and walking into a Zombie horde is a bad idea.

TheFlag
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unmog on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:20 am

TheFlag wrote:Last thing Zombies won't attack each other because they can't eat infected flesh, it's more of a sense that tells them they're a Zombie so dressing up as one and walking into a Zombie horde is a bad idea.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww~

unmog
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MLE93 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:26 pm

Knock Knock...is anyone here ? :P

MLE93
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unmog on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 am

I figured he might have been busy starting it up, or getting stuff done from the holidays. But yus I'm still here. :) Though I might go to a different zombie RP.

unmog
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!