Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Black Mist Plague

Black Mist Plague

a part of “Black Mist Plague”, a fictional universe by Lzo.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Black Mist Plague”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Black Mist Plague

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lzo on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:17 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Black Mist Plague"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lzo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

This sounds interesting, I'll be joining ;)
Saying of the Month::Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
Song of the Month:: Nickelback - Gotta be Somebody

Image Image Image
Einstein said that,“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” (you can try but it won't work. . . trust me!)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

āŽœ ∂Ņ”Îąâˆ‚Đ˛â„“ĪƒĪƒâˆ‚ āŽœ
Member for 13 years

Re: [OOC] Black Mist Plague

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:50 am

The opportunity to play a Lich......... my one weakness......

Character currently pending.....

Question though, if I were to hash out some info for a supporting/mentor character could I just store it in my MC's profile?

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:49 am

I think that the back story is awesome i love the freedom with the character creation I submitted a character can't wait to start!!

Red Guardian
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lzo on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:53 am

@ Max I don't see a problem at all with that max just make sure it's for the back-story for your character, or is it a npc that you want to control throughout the Rp?

Thanks for the like Guys and Gals!

~Lzo~

Lzo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:17 am

Well.........that was a long history........

I hope I was ok in creating a racial subset......... I had developed part of the char and part of the lore for a different RP that never went through......

Oh, and if you feel that more Lifebringer lore is necessary I have more material. (saved and in my head)

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lzo on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:56 pm

That's Fine Max, also try not to over use your minions, I don't mind the idea just make sure when you control them they aren't too overpowered. The should be potentially easy to kill and at most hold off a Non-Ranged character by two posts. I'm sure you already have Knowledge of this, However can never be too sure. :)

I'm Excited!

~Lzo~

Lzo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Yar I hear ya. I don't think of Nesto as a very powerful character in the realm of combat anyways.

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby void-stuff on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Boobooop. Submitted my character. :]
Shadow Society sounds like some fun stuff.

void-stuff
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lzo on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:13 am

Seems like things are coming along, hopefully more get interested! :)

Lzo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:29 am

Yo Lzo, when I was reading Xain's character sheet and got confused at the mention of stuff like arcades, video games, and a beeping noise synomous with a heartrate moniter. I had assumed the setting was a sort of mideval fantasy, with the most advanced tech being something like gunpowder. If that not the case?

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lzo on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:02 pm

The Setting is Medieval fantasy, however with magic in the mix there are endless possibilities. Expand your mind and think of it this way. The world is still stuck in the age of swords, cloth, armor, and the finest blacksmiths. Although, most of the world see's culture as a huge asset thanks to the Black City, being the beacon of hope and even prior to surviving the world utilizes magic to form modern like things such as, Siren's, Arcades, and most of all medical equipment due to the Plague, progression in it's Magical capabilities to save Human and other races alike have caused several breakthroughs. As far as entertainment, imagine a world with jesters for the duke, but video games for the kids fueled by magic. If it seems like a stretch without explaining it in the intro I'll be more then happy to post this in there to clarify a little mix up. :)

Lzo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:55 pm

How do these advancements effect the economic structure of the land, or more specifically the Black City?

For example, "video games for the kids" makes me think that they are not so much of an oddity in the society, which is reinforced by the assertion that there are arcades. With a prevalence of that level of entertainment (especially available to children) it makes me think that there are a large number of families with vast amounts of disposable income, the tell tale sign of a quite large middle class (at least within the Black City).

These things are kinda confusing to me because I generally associate a Medieval fantasy setting where melee weapons are the norm with one akin to a setting where there are the social structure is basically that of nobles, who have so much money they can do basically anything they want without having to work, and peasants, who have to work every single day just to pay for the bare necessities. With very little room for an in-between.

I also noticed a reference to schools not only in the Black City but in Xain's original home. Then after his arrival in the Black City he seems to attend college, which makes me wonder as to is economic situation. How is he affording an education without a family to back him?

Ug, what I mean is that I really don't seem to have a grasp on the setting.....or maybe I thought I did and now I find out that I was wrong. Like, do they still use calligraphy or do they have typewriters? Or heck, do they have some sort of magi-tech computer systems? Is there a public school system? Are candles/lamps more or less common than magical lighting?

Sorry for all the questions.......I just really feel like I don't have a grasp on the setting........

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Before the Medieval times Greek and Roman philosophers studied a great many things in what could be considered modern day colleges. Schools or universities no matter what time period unless it is a brand new planet or right after something that destroyed all of civilizations are logical and practical. I too see the dilemma when it comes to modern=ish advances such as arcades etc... but as far as the character history for Xain, how is the economic situation relevant to how you will proceed to roleplay? The fact that he went to a university of sorts is the focal point not how he obtained the currency over time to achieve this. The Greek and Roman civilizations came before the Renaissance which is usually the setting used when people rp in Medieval times, and many Greeks had free access to much of the critical learning that took play in the early years of A.D. Though some of the technological questions are understandable and even I am a little confused about them; the schools, and Xain's economical history do not seem like too much of a stretch for the character and the times.

Red Guardian
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:00 pm

I guess I was under the impression that the society was more like one where only a very very small portion of the population were educated enough to even read or write. With Xain's education starting so early and outside the family household I believed that information about his economic situation might have shed some light on what it took to get an education like that in the society. Especially after his arrival in the Black City, because at that time it seems to me that he would be in the position of a "refugee" and has lost everything he owns along with his family.

I dunno, I guess that because I don't see anything in his profile identifying him as special (like being from a noble or at least well off family) for his education I therefore assumed it was the norm. Which contrasts with the view I have of a any non-modern/future setting, in which I consider education a luxury afforded only to the wealthy and powerful.

As far as the arcades go.....I have a hard time picturing a fishmonger on one street and a arcade on another >.< but that's my own fault
Perhaps I just need not stop worrying so much......

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lzo on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:08 am

Posted In Black City, most of us feel that would be a more suitable area to start, Please join, Otherwise, Enjoy Reading.

Lzo
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Whoopshie....F-ed up the post location. MB, I'll be more careful from now on.

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Guardian on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:07 am

Would post now but tired, will post as early as i can tomorrow to keep things moving!!

Red Guardian
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:07 am

Derp?

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MaxStokes on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:34 am

Herpa Derp?

MaxStokes
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!