Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Art of Assassination

Art of Assassination

a part of “Art of Assassination”, a fictional universe by NasiaWords.

A new school, new friends, same risks. Sixteen-year-old Gracie Smith has been force out of the assassin buisness, even though she was the best of the best. Now while protecting her new friends and family, she continues on, with a little extra help.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Art of Assassination”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Art of Assassination

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 pm

Just a heads up everyone! I'm going to make the first post when Gracie is getting ready for school. Her first day. Just wanted to let ya'll know!

I used to be normal ... until I met those losers
Who I now call my Best Friends

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:06 am

hey so does the rival go to her school as well?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jackrules158
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:09 am

If you want him to yeah. Doesn't matter though.

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:23 pm

I have made the first post everyone! Go ahead and post away!

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Wow, 1 million people assassinated in 6 years or so? That is like 456 people a day... Did you take out an entire military or two? Just curious. :P
Last edited by Chari on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverose
Laryn: He's not dead. Dogs may die, but cats have nine lives.
S-9:*chuckles* That guy's harder to rub out than the viruses in ancient computer programs.
Ash: Thanks a lot, guys. So what am I, an infectious cat?

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:31 pm

Wait a minute now...

How did Tyler kill a million people? Doing so would require killing roughly one hundred people per day for thirty years... also, the current on-foot kill record is held by a Finnish sniper, who killed between 500 and 700 people over the course of two years (it's unknown how many he got and how many his squad got) and is accepted to be one of, if not the, best sniper in history. That was during the Finnish-Russian war immediately prior to WWII, when sniping was a far more effective tactic than it is today, and that was someone who never had to worry about the police.

To my understanding, Gracie was being sarcastic in her post. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But honestly, the maximum I'd expect an assassin to have killed over the course of a twenty year career is maybe a hundred. You see, after each kill, you have to disappear effectively, slip under the police radar, and lie low for a while before you can make another hit. Teenage assassins would most likely have only killed about twenty people over their short careers (assuming that their careers have been about two or three years long).

For the record, Valentine has killed roughly a hundred people over two years, but the majority of those were police officers caught in bombings, as opposed to him killing them personally. Also, he had no home address and was legally dead, so disappearing for him just meant getting out of the country and switching IDs.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:28 am

Zero Reaper wrote:also, the current on-foot kill record is held by a Finnish sniper, who killed between 500 and 700 people over the course of two years

Really? Wow, that is honestly very impressive. I assume it was during the winter war?

Chari
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:02 am

Yep. Let me go find his Wikipedia page...

Here we go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä

He's got 505 kills confirmed and credited to him with his sniper rifle, and a good number more with a submachine gun.

Also, I was wrong; it wasn't two years, it was around a hundred days. Seriously.

Funnily enough, he was eventually put in a coma; the war ended the day he came out of it. The Russians probably heard that he was back...

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:19 am

Lol. I should have donr the math before I said anything! Lol. I'll change it to like 30 people, okay? Im blonde!

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:26 am

I should've done some thing just trying to be in charachter by one upping gracie lol

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crystal Flamedance on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:33 am

Lol...a million is a lot of people to kill in only a few years...you're not just blonde, Nasia, and you know it. Every day's a blonde moment for you! :P Oh, I'm sending you a pm in a minute or so...so check for that. :P

Edit: Wow...I'm going to start to feel old...my caracters the oldest of all the oens submitted so far, even if it's only by a few years. :P
Hi peoples! If you're interested in a rp partner, let me know. Im always looking for a new rp to get into!

Crystal Flamedance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:33 pm

Hey, Nasia, I've got an idea. Since I've got regular access to my father's laptop for the next couple of days, do you want to introduce Valentine in a small arc where he and Gracie end up targeting the same drug dealer? I'm in the mood for some RPing.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:05 pm

@Zero: Yeah, just PM me with exactally what you have in mind.

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:45 am

Hey, Jackrules. I gotta say, I've got a problem with your posting style.

You see, you assume that your character is a thousand times more powerful than any human. Assassinating the President of Russia would require going through literally hundreds of fully-trained FSB commandos armed with assault rifles and heavy weapons. Valentine is a veritable genius, is incredibly well-armed, has full Spetsnaz-issue training; he's planning on attacking the Vice President of the US (significantly less-defended than the Russian President), and even then, he has no expectation whatsoever of getting out alive. Plus, the FSB are far more willing to kill anyone they have to in order to defend the President - which means that, even if Tyler has abilities on the level of a physical god and somehow got past the initial wave of bodyguards, he'd be subject to an airstrike by the Russian Air Force, which would inevitably kill him, along with any civilians in the area.

Put simply, assassinating the President of Russia would be nigh-impossible unless you had access to a legion of Special Forces troops who were willing to give their lives for the cause. I believe I'm well-qualified to speak on this, having spent the last half-year researching ways to write a realistic vigilante assassin.

Try to stick to more realistic targets, please.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:35 pm

On the contrary I'm not trying to make him that powerful I picked a random target it's easily fixable you don't need to go into depth just a simple. You made a mistake will suffice

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chari on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Well, I am realizing that this time the game is shaping up in a way to make it very hard to fit Tina into the story. Does anyone have any ideas? The best I can come up with is that Tina is on a run at night and gets taken hostage at gunpoint, but that is a little forced. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Chari
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm going to speed it up a little and make the school day end, so we can get the drug thing started.

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Hey chari Tina and Tyler can do something together

jackrules158
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:25 am

@Jackrules: Thanks. Just try to stick to realistic, low-profile targets from now on. Remember, Valentine almost got killed by the police after taking out one Senator, so that's about as high-profile as you can rationally get.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NasiaWords on Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:33 pm

So if anyone wants to pick a new target or something, we should ask Zero if it's good or not. I mean like, president is way up on the 'WTF' list. But I guess senetor is also a ig operation, so anything smaller than that really?

NasiaWords
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!