Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Of The Night

a topic in Vampire Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Re: Of The Night

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkAngel13 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Archer watched her approvingly. He glanced at the sky and headed off again. "Hurry," he told her. "You must feed before morning comes. There isn't time to find a human, so a deer will have to do." He caught the scent of a nearby doe and started to track it, wondering how well she'd fit into their pack.

Adrianna watched him, frowning slightly. "Rude," she shook her head, looking back to the rock. She sighed, rolling to her stomach to begin gathering her rocks. She knew the sun was coming soon and she had to get home. She was getting tired anyway and wanted some rest.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarkAngel13
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IndieM on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:29 am

Victoria followed quietly behind. She didn't like the idea of not being able to fend for herself, but for the time being, she would have to deal. Her face paled slightly at the mention of a human; she was not ready to take someones blood, not forcefully at least. Victoria took a breath, a deer she might be able to handle.
Her mind wandered to their previous conversations; all the talk about 'us' and 'them.' There weren't more vampires, where there? "What happens when I turn twenty?" Victoria finally asked, a question that had been quietly burning inside of her.

Heath relaxed once he was on his own territory. Off in the distance, he saw Archer and Victoria. He gave a half smile; so Archer was stuck with the new meat. He had had his turn with training a new vampire, and despised every second of it. Head down, Heath headed off in the other direction. He would have to wait until the next night to hunt again, in the mean time, he planned on finding the alpha.
Last edited by IndieM on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Albert Einstein

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

IndieM
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkAngel13 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:57 am

Moving silently, Archer followed the path of the helpless deer, not feeling sorry for it at all. Food was food and that was life. He frowned slightly at her question, not having the time to answer it fully at the moment. "At that age, we will know whether or not you are one of us," he answered stiffly, putting his hand out to stop her as they drew closer to the deer. He gave her a look that clearly meant silence before he moved forward towards the deer. He moved slowly and gracefully at first, creeping up upon the creature. Then all of the sudden he lunged, a blur in the darkness and then all was still, the deer upon the ground. Looking at it, you would think that it lying there because of sleep, and not a broken neck. "Drink," he looked up at her, motioning to the deer.

"Stop that chattering," Adrianna scolded into her bag, brushing her fingers across her rocks gently before she lifted the bag to her shoulder. She waved goodbye to the trees in her clearing and started to walk. "Such a strange night," she mused, her face tilted to the fading stars. She knew it was time to hurry, time to run, but she took her time. She knew the sun was bad, that it meant danger, but for some reason she didn't mind the risk.

DarkAngel13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IndieM on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Victoria quieted down when she realized that now was not the time to talk. Her birthday was only a few days away and she couldn't help but feel a little suspicious at the fact that she was changed just a few days before her birthday. Victoria frowned at Archers signal to be quiet but she obeyed anyways. The doe looked up quickly, turning her large ears towards Archer and Victoria, but before she could even make a move to save herself, Archer was on her and with a sickening snap, her neck was crushed. Victoria swallowed hard and stepped closer the the deer. There was blood oozing out on a gash on it's side and though it completely went against her morals, hunger over took her and she drank.

It wasn't long before Heath found his father. He was in the quiet, sleepful town, no doubt searching for a place to rest for the day.
"Where have you been?" the alpha asked, annoyance showing on his face. Heath shrugged his shoulders, "Out," was his only reply. It was how most conversations went down between father and son. No, "I'm glad your safe," or "Be careful while your out," just superficial conversation. Heath learned not to expect a father figure with the alpha; he was cold hearted and unemotional; everything Heath wished he wasnt.

{Is sleepful even a word? Sometimes I make up words...}
Last edited by IndieM on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IndieM
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkAngel13 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:12 am

As Archer looked back up at her, a flicker of sympathy entered his eyes before leaving just as quickly. He remembered the difficult time of transitioning from human to vampire, the initial repulsion of the life giving blood that a vampire must drink to survive. His expression became hardened as he reminded himself he mustn't become close to the fledgling. It was still uncertain what side she was on, and if she happened to be a fledgling from the enemy, well, she wouldn't be lasting very long. Better not form attatchments when the aquaintace could be short lived.

Pausing to watch the last of the stars disapear, Adrianna became more aware of the danger she was facing. She had almost gotten caught in the deadly light once, when she was younger. She had been with someone else then...a bright spot of red hair flashed in her memory, as well as dark blue eyes and a splash of freckles. "Mustn't think bad thoughts," she whispered, shaking her head fearfully as she ran. "Mustn't invite the light!"

DarkAngel13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IndieM on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:25 pm

{Want to fade to next night?}

IndieM
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkAngel13 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 am

((Sure. Do you want to set the scene for Victoria and Archer?))

DarkAngel13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IndieM on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:31 pm

Victoria was walking down the semi familiar streets of New Port. She hadn't been there very long but she knew it well enough. Lycaon were prowling the streets and even after feeding the night before Victoria still tried to ignore the small hunger pains in her stomach. She finally wandered near the Old Rock Church, where there were very few vampires around. She stopped at the gates of the small church, looking up at the stained glass windows.

Heath was bent down over the small body of a young boy, no more then twelve years old. His face was pale, limbs stiff and eyes open in surprise. Resting his elbows in his knees, Heath reached over and shut the eyes before disposing of the body, just as Victoria crossed the alleyway where he was. Heath watched her make her way north, reminding him of his own companion he met the night before. He silently watched her go, debating on weather to take one more risk tonight to see the red head who had a fascination with rocks.
Last edited by IndieM on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IndieM
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkAngel13 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:51 am

Knowing that enough vampires were around to help her if she needed, Archer had left Victoria on her own while he went off and fed. He was still nearby, able to come to her rescue if she needed help, but he doubted it. Feeding was a vampiric instinct that came naturally to the newest of fledlings and he didn't epect any trouble. After savoring a very tasty young woman, he set out to find her to see how she was holding up. "Still haven't fed?" he observed, an eyebrow raised as he fell into step next to her. "What's stopping you?"

Adrianna hated feeding. It was a part of life and she understood that her body needed the crimsom ribbon from a living thing to be able to survive but she hated it still. She hated the way her meals squirmed, the salty taste as she bit into their skin. Because of this she was one of the first to leave when the sun went down, just so she could get the tedious task done quickly so she could enjoy the night.
As usual she went to her special clearing, her flaming curls a little wilder than usual as she set up her rocks for the night.

DarkAngel13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IndieM on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Victoria glanced at at Archer as he approached, her steely blue eyes flashing.
"I'm fine Archer," she said. Her voice had lost the spite and fear from the night before but she still wasn't feeling very open to others help, "Really." she added before turning back to the church. She wrapped her pale hands around the cold iron bars, "Have you ever been to church Archer?" she asked.

Heath watched Archer and Victoria talk. He pressed his lips together and glanced at the Alpha, who was also in deep conversation with the Beta. Frowning slightly, Heath figured that he was too in depth in conversation to notice his son sneak away from a few hours. Heathcliff made his way deep into the forest until he stumbled on to a tick tree, hollowed out slightly from old age. He ducked behind it and undressed, concentrated his energy until he was no longer human. Instead, Heath was now a large wolf, with thick black fur and dark eyes. In his wolf form, he made his way across the Lycaon territory.

IndieM
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkAngel13 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:35 am

Archer frowned slightly as he watched her before following her gaze to the church. He zipped up his fleece jacket, even though he wasn't cold. "When I was a child," he finally answered, taking in the gothic look of the old church. It even had a tower with a bell, though he wasn't sure if it still worked. "I haven't been since I was bitten. Why do you ask?"

Adrianna settled on the forest floor, her legs crossed indian style with her rocks in a circle around her. She proceeded to sing softly to herself a she touched them one by one, ocassonally picking one up and stroking it. She was wearing a forest green sweater dress with black leggings, neat slits cut into the back and intricatly embroadered for her wings to peek through. As usual her wild curls flew where they wanted and her feet were bare.

DarkAngel13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IndieM on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:00 pm

"Just curious," Victoria said, "My family isn't - " she paused and corrected herself, " - wasn't very religious but my father always said that there was a God and that he was a watching us and he loved us. I never believed him, especially during the divorce. I didn't see how God could make such a beautiful family and then tear it down so quickly," she glanced at Archer. She had hardly slept, kept up most of the night by her thoughts. "Did you ever wonder if God turned you into a vampire, because you needed to be punished?" Victoria wondered aloud.

Heath paused just outside the little clearing of trees, his dark eyes nestled on Adrianna and her rocks. He took a step forwards, a twig snapping under his large paw when he moved. He paused again, feeling like he shouldn't interrupt, but then proceeded until he was just outside of Ardiannas ring of rocks before sitting down.

IndieM
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkAngel13 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Archer was quiet for a moment, choosing his words carefully. As he did answer, his eyes strayed from the stone of the church to her eyes, grey from the lightless night. "At first, that was my only explanation. My parents were particularly religious, so when one morning I awoke to...this..." he gestured to himself, his fangs in particular, "I naturally assumed it was God's work. That I had done something wrong and had been cast out, like Lucifer. But over time...I have decided these things just happen. That God either doesn't exist or doesn't care."

As a sound interrupted her thoughts, Adrianna turned to look at the newcomer through her curtain of hair. She didn't make a move to leave, but watched his progress with wide green eyes, then stared at him as he sat down. For a moment it seemed like the air stood still, waiting to see what would happen next, her wings raising slightly as if she might take flight.
"Look, Ernie, your rude woflie is back," she murmered selecting the rock she had been given the night before and holding it to her cheek as she spoke. "Though if he wants you back, he can't have you. I'm quite attached."

DarkAngel13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IndieM on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Victoria didn't answer, but his reason seemed logical. Perhaps she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, or perhaps God didn't care. A loud snapping voice brought Victoria from her thoughts. She glanced down the street and noticed two large wolves interlocked in battle. She watched them snap and snarl at each other before turning back to Archer.
"Tell me more about the other vampires. If I'm going to be part of the pack, I want to know everything there is to know," she said determinedly.

Heathcliff sniffed the air carefully and stared at Adrianna and her fiery red hair. His eyes rested on her wings before flickering back to her face and he layed down, resting his head. A very usual position for Heath; he usually made sure that he was looking down on his fellow pack mates, wielding his power. The only person he was submissive to was the alpha.
"I promise to listen if you let me stay," he said, obviously trying to make up for his behavior the night before.

IndieM
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkAngel13 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:35 pm

Archer followed Victoria's gaze back to the two fighting and shrugged. "Those two go at it a lot. Brother's fighting over the same woman." He glanced back to her, studying her gaze. "What kinds of things would you like to know? I guess the most important thing is to follow what the alpha says. His word is law, you don't follow it, you don't live in the pack."

Adrianna tilted her head, regarding the wolf. Then she smiled, swinging around to lie on her somach facing him before reaching out to scratch behind his ears. "The little wolfie is kinda cute. Scary, but cute." Turning back to her rocks she sighed, her fingers sliding across them slowly. "You can stay, wolf. But what is it you want to hear?"

DarkAngel13
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IndieM on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:02 pm

"Romantic," Victoria muttered sarcastically looking at Archer, "What if you don't agree with the alpha? Is it the same kind of dictoatorship for the other vampires?" Victoria asked, her voice edgy. She knew that she shouldn't be badmouthing the alpha, but she didn't like him, not one bit.
Though she didn't voice it, Victoria secretly wished to speak to one of the vampires from the other clan. Now that this was her new life, she wanted to know everything there was to know.

Heath made to growl but didn't. He didn't appreciate being treated like a dog, but if it earned her trust then he would tolerate it.
"Why can you hear the rocks talk? I can't" he said briefly, resting his massive head on his dark paws and relaxing, something he hadn't done in ages. He was always to busy practicing, graubling and trying to please his father. He could only imagine the trouble he would get in if he was found out, what the alpha would do...

IndieM
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkAngel13 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:51 pm

"You don't agree with the alpha, you don't live," Archer shrugged. "Usually. But he does have his soft days when he'll just merely banish you. As for the other vampires, we're not really sure how thier ruling goes, none of us have gotten that close. We assume they have more of a council like set up, rather than one set ruler." He turned to her, his eyes slightly worried. "Please, don't speak like that around the others, espesially not the alpha. You're in my charge, and I don't want you killed so fast."

"The more important question is," Adrianna frowned, flipping around so she was laying on her back, her eyes on the sky as she fiddled with a few rocks in her fingers. "Why can't everyone else hear them?" She stopped, looking across the stars for a moment before she tilted her head up to look at him. "I think everyone just doesn't listen properly. I didn't use to listen properly but now I do, and that makes it so I hear the rocks."

DarkAngel13
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!