Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Seven Day War

The Seven Day War

a part of “The Seven Day War”, a fictional universe by Wheatley.

When a war rages against the Virelian on the continent of Zerin, a coastal city is suddenly swept up into battle, and forced to fight for their lives. [Roleplayers Needed!]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Seven Day War”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] The Seven Day War

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:10 pm

King: Who's to say that we operate on the system where the queen or the king's daughter can't be considered heirs?
Mechanic: Died doing something that isn't going to take the form of a Deus ex Machina later on is preferred.
Overture: We know the Virelians' weakness, they don't like bright lights. So he died carrying a letter that absolutely no-one needed.

We could turn major characters into NPCs but then why aren't they doing anything big for the huge, threatening battle? And no one is going to want to join in and play as a character someone else has created and played a way they wouldn't have.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:46 pm

No mustard gas! but some sort of condiment replacement gas shall be needed

As for everything else: @Final, don't worry about me agreeing with Mavz though that won't stop the beggar pirate from kicking Creighton's ass

We need in particular, the Master Mechanic, and the Zealous Overture. We can make do without the king and prince who logically could've died while escaping.

Anyways, people, I have to go do some things. Things that involve: 1) Getting ready to get shot in the face with paintballs
2) Getting shot in the face with paintballs.
3) Eating cake.
4) Doing work.

Therfor I shall be absent for Friday and saturday and I hope by then we'll have some people for the major roles. (If you have any friends who'd like to join, and are good, call them over!)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wheatley
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 360Tan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:57 pm

I'm planning on making a head of the Fasdal Navy, I just need to sit down and make him T.T Not major or nothing but still. Also, maybe Talisman might want to join? He probably will not want to take on another RP of this size but since posts are down in The Guilds Wheatley, maybe he'll join.

360Tan
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby talihashi on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:12 pm

So what exactly does the position of Zealous Overture entail? I Avoided the position with my character because it seems as if the head of the Adventurers Guild would be more of a desk job. If my assumptions are correct it would not be a very exciting role for me to play.

talihashi
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 360Tan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:09 am

Well, it may be a desk job. But I mean, he does have this dragon man. Have we ever shown you this thing, It's HUUUUGE and breathes molten fire man. And the head gets all the super secret packages to carry, during these missions he also to go all ninja HUAAAHH on the assassins that come to kill him for his information. The guy's kind of like Chuck Norris, but he actually does kick with flames of fury, and yes he did kill two stones with one bird.

>.> Or he could just be a fat old man sitting at a desk and hitting on his secretary day in and day out. I swear one of these days she's going to poison one of those crumpets he has a nine to 11 on the dot.

Couldn't help myself :P

360Tan
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sparkleshine on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:30 am

No heir? No male royal?

Crap!

I guess it might not be so bad... depending on the status of women in the setting. If women can be generals, and aren't second-class citizens, no big deal. If not, big trouble.

My poor lil' baaaaby...

sparkleshine
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavz on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:03 am

Sheesh, gang up on mavz. I'm starting to dislike the sound of him dying to a beggar more an more. I like him dying trying to defend his city with an Ace instead.

Mavz
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zentose on Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Well if two of the three most important faction's leaders are women, I don't think women are second-class citizens :P

And good for them, this world knows how to be :D
"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story."
-Orson Welles

Zentose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:17 pm

well... wheatley isn't it safe to assume that people won't join after seeing that the OOC has 170 posts?
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Do people generally take the amount of OOC activity into consideration instead of things like intrigue and available positions?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavz on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:57 am

I would assume those with intelligence would be able to figure out that the posts in OOC were to ask/answer questions. Especially if they were to read a couple of the posts, considering that most of them are questions and their answers. Didn't Talihasi come in recently? If so, then there's your answer.

Mavz
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:06 am

I've been scared off by a long OOC before, but that's usually only if the main RP has a lot of posts too. In this case, there aren't any is only one, and it's blank.
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:06 pm

And we've lost that one pirate fellow.

Has anyone decided to make the necessary characters yet, because if we're really not going to start until they're made I'll do it if no one else will.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavz on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:45 pm

I'll make one if need be. Name the one you'd like to be, Life, and I'll take over the other one. That is, of course, if no one else would like to step up to the plate. I've already got the Captain of the Guard and don't need another major character, but I won't mind it if no one else wants to take the needed characters.

Mavz
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:03 pm

I was thinking of taking the Master Mechanic if no one else was because I had a character in mind for it.

Edit: I've decided against creating her so whoever wants it should probably take it before more people leave.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mavz on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm thinking of making the Zealous Overture since I don't think many people are interested in that role. Though, I will be basically making a retired version of Indiana Jones...and be using his image as a description. Why? Because I'm unoriginal :P

Mavz
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby talihashi on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 pm

It sucks waiting... Im not gonna leave but I got all excited about my character and now he appears to be frozen, unchanging forever.

talihashi
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:05 pm

We could probably start the roleplay before those characters get made, we just shouldn't make anything big happen at the very beginning that they would be involved in.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zentose on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:44 pm

That's what I am voting for :D

Zentose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:15 am

And if we never find someone to take the Master Mechanic spot, I'll just have his death be at the hands of Tielle some short time before the start of it; she has no compunction for pretty much anything she does and would probably challenge anyone to do something about it.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!