Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Multiverse: Chaos Ensues

The Multiverse: Chaos Ensues

a part of “The Multiverse: Chaos Ensues”, a fictional universe by Ichigo15.

The Multiverse has always existed. The Multiverse has always been. They Multiverse is everywhere. But what happens when it is thrown into chaos? Characters Welcome! (Open, always excepting!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Multiverse: Chaos Ensues”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Multiverse: Chaos Ensues

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:15 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Multiverse: Chaos Ensues"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Favorite Series (of all sorts, listed as acronyms in no particular order): KH, LoZ, A:TLA and LoK, Batfamily stuff, ASoIaF(GoT), Disney stuff, Skyrim (never played the rest of the Elder Scrolls), DBZ, Sailor Moon, SnK(AoT), many Cartoon Network Cartoons.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Multiverse: Chaos Ensues

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:20 pm

Of course I'd post a bio as Haruhi. Oh well, this is gonna be hilarious. =D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Point of the rp is humor as well :)

The last one I was in was pretty serious :L But the one before that was the real deal. Hopefully this will go pretty well. 'Bout to go over the characters.

Edit: @Tsukiakari

You did a fine job with Haruhi, but I'm going to have to ask you to tone down her power a bit. Its fine if she's able to manipulate the reality of herself, as well as those from her world and said world. However, the entire multiverse is a bit much.

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm making it the entire multiverse to make it a possible mini-plot. As I said, however, Haruhi is convinced she's in a lucid dream, and, as such, is strictly sticking to standard fare fantasy powers and following standard fantasy novel story conventions, as opposed to playing havoc with reality. It just wouldn't be Haruhi if there's wasn't any danger of her discovering her reality warping abilities/causing closed space/whatever else. This way, I can hopefully keep the same sort of Haruhi-style characterization, whilst not doing any damage to your thread, and your universe itself. I'm not going to abuse it, I.E. godmodding/autohitting characters, or use it to completely screw over the plot you have in mind.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:55 am

The point of the matter is that Haruhi isn't the only character in the rp. You have the characters I'll rp and the characters of other rp'ers. Characters like yours are exactly what induces people to bump their characters powers up and godmode because they feel they must be in competition with the other characters, and is exactly how it degrades the rp. Just because you won't godmode doesn't mean someone else won't in reaction to your character. Not all people, including myself, will want to read about a character that has the possible power to manipulate they're own character, even if you don't use it that way. I would be fine with a miniplot concerning your character, as I would be fine with any miniplot concerning any one of the other characters, but if you wish for her to have manipulation, then I'd rather you limit it to her and her world. In your case it would be a better idea to have two characters, her and another from her world.

I'm not trying to be biased to you, but in reality, manipulation and clairvoyant like powers should be limited. There's too much of a wide range of possibilities where someone will do something to another rp'ers characters, and in turn that rp'er will go out of their way to argue with whoever did it too them. In that case, I'm wary, I've seen done many times, and I don't want the rp dying to fighting. Judging by your English (I do judge by grammar) I'm sure your not a godmodder, but you need take into consideration any other possible rp'ers. An rp'er may seem fine with something one minute, then go completely bipolar and be angry about it the next, and might not even realize how they react to certain things. Taking an rp'ers word for it is not the best choice in most situations. I hope you understand but if not there's really nothing I can do.

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:20 am

How about a compromise? I just had a bit of an idea. In the multiverse, how about Haruhi's power is limited to only being able to warp inanimate objects, unless those animate objects are things from her own world - I.E., herself, or another member of the S.O.S. Brigade? That way, there would still be the threat of closed space - to be used as a possible plot point - but no one would have any need to worry about being godmodded?

Anyway, I was kind of hoping that other people might see Haruhi and apply as members of the S.O.S. Brigade themselves. That way, it wouldn't just be me playing the entire Haruhi-verse. It would be especially funny if someone created a character for Kyon. ESPECIALLY if they could do the wacky Kyon narration well. =D

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:37 am

That seems fine, but if things get out of whack, which I hope they won't, I'll have to ask you nerf them down. Also like I previously said, I'd prefer it not to be the entire multiverse. I've come up with a kind of metaphor for what I mean.

If every world is in a bubble, in side the space of the multiverse, then she can manipulate what is inanimate in that bubble if she is in that bubble. While it may cause a threat to the bubble we are presently in, that being the closed space, it would not threaten the entire multiverse, which is a bit much. I do believe the closed space if great mini-plot idea, but I just have to think about the rest to, you know?

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Alright. Sounds fine to me. I'll edit my bio accordingly.

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Ok! Now I just want a few more rp'ers to join and we'll get started!

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:57 pm

Ok, I just have to finish up some of my characters, and the roleplay should be starting tomorrow hopefully.

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:49 pm

Ok posted! Kind of busy, so I didn't get to do all my characters. I'll come back later and add posts for the rest of them.

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby dzines on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:35 pm

I'm thinking about joining, but I have a question. So I understand it had to be a published character, but about Snow White, Red Riding Hood, and so on, since they don't really have a set personality or anything since no one really owns them?

dzines
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ichigo15 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Snow White, Red Riding Hood, and the rest do have set personalities. Now the difference with them and a video game is that with a video game, it may be multiple sequels and different series, where you the player are deciding how you view your characters. With movies, books, comics, manga, etc., you are given an author, or some type of writer, director, or actor, that plays out the personality of the character.

So even with the variety of personalities, there is still at the least one to choose from. Disney's animated Alice in Wonderland character, Alice, was, if I remember correctly, this sweet innocent girl, and her novel counterpart was likewise was the portrayal if innocence. However, Disney's live-action Alice was one tough cookie, a bit of a rebel if you will.

In these cases you have personalities, but I'm leaving it up to you which personality you fancy. There's no way I can control whether you're true to the actual character's personality, whether its one personality, or more, and I can only limit people by excluding video games. The problem is I don't know every character in the world. So that's where you come in. So long as its not from a video game, or at least not a Nintendo game, I have to assume it has a personality, and that you are using that personality.

But that's getting off topic. You are free to choose from the variety of personalities, and rp as one of those personalities.

Ichigo15
Member for 12 years

Re: The Multiverse: Chaos Ensues

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ArgoYamato on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:44 am

Hey, I'd like to join... Is this RolePlay still open?
--
When you accept reality, you give into it, give in to the power of a system that you can deny--a mockery of all that has come together to bring you where you are today.
~~Argo Yamato

ArgoYamato
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!