Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Dreamers of Northmyr

The Dreamers of Northmyr

a part of “The Dreamers of Northmyr”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

In a medieval city where the residents are divided by class, upbringing and even species, an assortment of wildly different characters are united by a terrifying dream they share. A dream of a red sky and the destruction of their world.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Dreamers of Northmyr”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Dreamers of Northmyr

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:12 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Dreamers of Northmyr"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Dreamers of Northmyr

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BekaL101 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:18 am

hey. Can I have 'The mysterious traveller'?

Also, is there a specific character design we have to follow, and do you want anime or real pictures?
"What is the price of eternal life? To be unable to walk in the sun ever again - to part with complete finality from the world in which you've lived all your life never to return for all eternity."

"One who knows nothing can understand nothing" ~Ansem

“A true friend stabs you in the front. "

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BekaL101
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:26 am

This looks like a good RP. I'd like to be a part of it if that's alright. One thing I'd like to know though are what races are there in this city? Human, elf, dwarf lizard-people/cat-people etc? In any case, I'd like to play the part of The Strange Creature, if that's alright with you?
"Life is a moderately good play with a badly written third act." ~ Truman Captoe (1924 - 1984)

Irish
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:34 am

Hi there, glad you're interested. The races in the city are primarily humans, with a few of elvish descent mixed in. Your get the occasional dwarvish or part-orc folk around, though there isn't a whole lot of diversity in the city. The world Northmyr is set in has scope for all sorts of strange beasts, but they don't often come to the city.

I'll put a reservation down for you.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horzta_01 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:37 am

Looks awesome... Please reserve me a spot for the Captain please.
Roleplays I created:
A Spy-Sassin Roleplay

Horzta_01
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:44 am

Sweet. I reckon I'll try out playing as a 'Kahjiit'-based cat-person then. Should be fun. I'll just use the character template thar.

Irish
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 am

I'll put a reservation up for you, Horzta.

Something like a Khajit would work great, Irish.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horzta_01 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

Done, if there are problems just tell

Horzta_01
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wild1 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:49 am

Could I reserve The Fugitive
By reading this you are now a Discordian pope. Congratulations!

Wild1
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:54 am

Done and submitted. Let me know if you want anything changed/added.

Irish
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SithFaced on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:59 am

This is a very well thought out roleplay! I was wondering if the character of the noble was still available? If so, I would love to reserve it!

And, if I can reserve it, what specifics are you looking for? Is there anything I should know about Lord Ashald before I create the character? Just let me know, and I'll get started on it!
y do i have a ƒεεℓเɳɠ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ᵃ ᴡᴇɪʀᴅʟʏ ᴇʟᴀʙᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ՏℍⅈtℙᝪՏt

SithFaced
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:17 pm

The noble is available, I'll reserve it for you, glad you like the RP!

There are no real specifics for the character. I'm happy to let you make up details about Ashald, or I'd be happy to take him as a secondary role f necessary, whichever makes things easier really. Other than the title and the short brief, it's all up to you.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sailor.of.the.Galaxy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:45 pm

I very much like the idea of this roleplay. It has a splendid setup. If the spot is still available, may I reserve the fugitive? If not, perhaps the servant?
A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
Any sense of obligation."

Sailor.of.the.Galaxy
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi there, I've had people either call a reservation or add a character for both those roles, though that doesn't necessarily mean there's no opportunity to join. I'm happy to add on a few more roles if you can think up something good.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sailor.of.the.Galaxy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Well, that is very kind of you! Of course, my brain isn't particularly functional at the moment, and you did a quite thorough job covering many of the basic types of characters, but perhaps there could be a street urchin of sorts.
You mentioned in the introduction that there were nobles who were well off, and then others who had to struggle to scrape by. I suppose that could leave room for a group of poor who can't really make a living through work, and can't make a living though crime, and are basically just doing something not very profitable, or out begging, or waiting to die.
I don't know if Northmyr is completely free of crime or not, but if not it might be interesting to have a sort of petty criminal that steals in small quantities, perhaps selling stolen goods in a black market sort of system, but lives in constant fear of being discovered. That may be a tad too similar to the fugitive though.

I dunno. Just some ideas.

Sailor.of.the.Galaxy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MixingMusicWithMagic on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Hey, I'll reserve the servant if you like?

MixingMusicWithMagic
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 pm

I'm afraid we already got an application for the servant, but feel free to think up something else if you can work out something that would fit.

----

Sailor, I've thought it over. We've already got the fugitive characte,r though I;m not sure what they'll be guilty of yet, so we don't want something too close to that, so i can understand your concern there. We also have Ri'Jiish, who is sort of a thief type. I think there'd probably be room however for a character in the social statuses between the servant and the fugitive. Perhaps a character from one of the poor districts who is working some sort of precarious or low-paying job and struggling to scrape by, or something like a beggar.street performer who is not technically breaking the law, but is not exactly on the best terms with the guard.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sailor.of.the.Galaxy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:28 pm

A poor beggar/street performer type would be splendid, if I may! I actually play those quite often anyway. I will submit an application as soon as possible. Thank you!

Sailor.of.the.Galaxy
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:31 pm

That'd be fine, go ahead.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horzta_01 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:50 am

Just a heads up that I'm still here, my character just doesn't have a chance to interact yet.

Horzta_01
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!