Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dragon Age: Origins

Dragon Age: Origins

a part of “Dragon Age: Origins”, a fictional universe by Usui.

"Men and women from every race; warriors and mages, barbarians and kings... the Grey Wardens sacrificed everything to stem the tide of darkness... and prevailed."—Duncan

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Age: Origins”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Dragon Age: Origins

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:11 pm

If you want to make a request, please go ahead - I only ask that you follow the rules given and know that i will only accept those who are dedicated to this story.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Usui
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Dragon Age: Origins

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarknessUndying on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:45 pm

You know, with the restrictions imposed, you have literally just made our characters for us. Also, you're following a storyline already made - Meaning we cannot do whatever we please in the RP. We're stuck on this one path, and you can't change it.

Sorry, had to nitpick. But all in all, making an RP about a story already made and not setting it around 20+ years later is a bad idea. For the simple fact that you are always doing what happened in the game or whatever it was. I mean like, for everyone. I know Dragon Age is a franchise.

So, just some pointers there. You really don't want to make so many roles though. Nine times out of ten, they won't get filled, and with the fact you have picked our Surnames from the game and the like, our backstories, personalities and age are all severely effected by that one surname. You need to let people have creativity and decide who they want to be without guidance. Sometimes it helps, but when it's precise like this, Nope.

Okay, Rant over.
I guess that makes me the LUCKY one.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DarknessUndying
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:06 pm

Thats not exactly true actually. Yes roles are specific but that doesn't exactly mean the character is made. You choose what the character is among/from the explanation and if you're creative you can expand on that little brief introduction for your history.(There wasn't anything other then a race a brief idea of what was going on that describes who your character is and by that i mean personality, beliefs, etc.) How the story plays out is specifically upon the actions people take as they play their roles, Hell one of the Grey Wardens could try to betray the others or so. Instead of one Grey Warden choosing how the actions that are given. Its more so that they have the freedom to say/do more. Also All in all a story could be layed out and plotted but its not fully said. Eventually all stories need a full plot to a ending and thats just what the players of a roleplay does. Perhaps YOU yourself do not enjoy fit roles in which you choose to play among a role but not EVERYONE is like that and some people may like full flexibility but just a heads up. You can look at it generally and maybe think its pretty straight forward and we'll be following one path but when you think of everyone including the six wardens chosen when you're left at the events of Ostagar. Where perhaps oh one Warden is rebellious and decides to go his own way for awhile or perhaps there is a little twist in which the human of cousland leaves immediately to kill howe or so.

Basically this type of RP is moreso a "What if" - where as what if six wardens were chosen, instead of game limitations, how would the story conclude? Who among the story would be killed completely. What kind of character progression might occur with six wardens? Honestly i think there is ALOT of fanfic material that one if better three people or more could do with this. Some events that really matter may be the same but actions and story could definately be twisted around.

Honestly I think you must see beyond a general perception before ranting on. Overall If this isn't your type of RP or you don't like the direction its going or perhaps you're thinking too general on the topic, just move on.

Usui
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaosBlade on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Would it be possible to begin with a later learned specification such as Blood mage or Ranger if an explanation is given, im considering a Arcane warrior elf if that would be allowed.

ChaosBlade
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:25 pm

Yeah you can have specs at the beginning but for Blood Magic remember its forbidden and against the law so if you're choosing to reserve the Magi you'll just have to explain how you manged to be a blood mage without the circle finding out.

Usui
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jabberjay13 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:13 pm

Hello!

I love DragonAge: Origins.

I was wondering if it would be possible for me to reserve the Human Noble spot?

Jabberjay13
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:19 pm

I can reserve it, know I'm constructing the rules but i will need you to post between 2 days and take the character very seriously follow all rules when they are made.

I am thinking that each of us will take on one of the companion roles so we don't have to wait and fill the others and its less work from me to be the npc of all side companions that we may pick up.

Usui
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvalonNight on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:57 pm

can i reserve the dwarf commoner role?
"But he's Rachel Candy!"
-Both Jenks and Al"
— Kim Harrison (White Witch, Black Curse)

AvalonNight
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:18 pm

Of course.

Usui
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IronPhoenix on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Can I reserve the mage?

IronPhoenix
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Usui on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:35 am

Sure - Sorry guys life has been busy for me but im still working on this roleplay.

Usui
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!