Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Paranormal Encounters & Discussions

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Paranormal Encounters & Discussions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:35 am

Note from Jag: Please do not move this thread from the Main Lobby. Thank you.

The Run-Down

Do you believe your house is haunted? Have you seen aliens or UFOs before? Do you have superstitions? Has an uncanny situation happened in your life that you believe to be paranormal? If you said yes, to any of these questions, then this topic is for you.

In this discussion, individuals are allowed to share their paranormal stories whether they have personally encountered them or they know a friend who makes claims of having encountered them. This is a thread where those individuals who believe in the paranormal can share common ground. You are not alone in your beliefs.

The stories here may seem unbelievable and unusual but that’s what makes them paranormal.

Summary of topics that can be discussed here:

Ghosts – from hauntings to whatever.
Aliens – from UFO sightings to whatever.
Superstitions – Do you have a superstition? Such as throwing salt over the shoulder, always checking beneath your bed, or carrying an object considered lucky or sacred around. Maybe you even believe in Fortune Cookies? Maybe you believe your friend is cursed? Do you believe in curses?
The inhuman – superhuman – energy vampires (people capable of stealing another person’s energy – not in the manner that vampires do, but any who…), chi, ki, spiritual energy, etc. ESP, psychics, seers, etc.
Demons – from demonic possession to whatever.
Angels – from guardian angels, to angels appearing to humans in human form to perhaps deliver you a message, save your life, or your pet may be one—to whatever.
Exceptions – Belief in vampires, werewolves, Lochness monster, Jersey devil, etc.

As long as your testimony falls under any of the categories listed above, then you’re on topic.

To let everyone know what your testimony is going to be about, put in BOLD the category name before your testimony or comment so that everyone will know immediately what it will be about. For example: “Angels: When I was…” If you feel your testimony covers more than one category, then list as many at the beginning in bold until you feel comfortable. These must be actual testimonies not false ones.

Rules of the Discussion

Because apparently, every discussion needs rules.

1. This is not a debate. This is not the place to try and ask individuals why they believe or don’t believe…the individuals who comment in this discussion are free to their belief. If you want to make a debate on any of the topics you read here, then make a debate thread in the Discussion & Debate section.
2. If you have no testimonies or experiences to share, then please refrain from posting in this discussion. If your only desire is to flame, bash, or troll, then you are violating the rules of not only this section of the forum, but this site, and you will be reported.
3. The topics discussed here must be based on your REAL-LIFE experiences and your REAL-LIFE beliefs. This is not for fictitious testimonies. If this was meant to be a fiction topic, then I would have put it over in the “Writing” category. This is for real-deal testimonies.
4. Let’s try to keep the conversations civil. If you want to ask another individual about their testimony, you are free to ask him or her questions as long as it isn’t a challenge or criticism against their belief.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Paranormal Encounters & Discussions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sonata on Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:58 am

All right; since I had shared my paranormal encounters in the past, I finally decided to stop being lazy, and share them again since this is a new thread.

Ghosts: The first house I spent thirteen-fourteen years of my life in, I believe was haunted. It wasn't always haunted, and I find it difficult recalling the first time things became strange. Supposedly, as all ghost theories go, if you didn't build the house and the house was built before you lived there, or even the land the house was built on--if some sort of negative situation occurred there, then the spirits involved in that situation may still be lingering. My father built that house from the ground up, so there weren't any ghosts there and I don't know much about the land it was built on, but it was in a neighborhood surrounded by dense woods. I don't believe it was built on a cemetery or some Native American burial ground, so yes, a normal house in a dominantly white neighborhood that was gradually growing out of its racism.

In the Christian religion, and other religions may have this belief also, it is believed that you can invite spirits into your home. There are people who carry evil spirits and by inviting those people into your house, you invite their devils. Famous line: "The company you keep." My oldest sister always invited strangers into the house and they were people she owed money. She would give them our food (cook for them) and tell them when we were on vacation so they can rob the place and take what she owed them. I thank God to this day that no one in my family was harmed as a price for her stupidity for messing with gangsters. My mother and my oldest sister always fist-fought each other. My mother is a Muy Thai instructor, and my father is a Wing Chun instructor (pretty much how they fell in love because they both loved martial arts), and plain and simple they are not people you want to get into a fight with. This violence followed my oldest sister's "open house" situations. Even after we got a security system to resolve the situation, the violence continued until she was kicked out at eighteen. Even though she was no longer there, all that evil remained, and I believe is still in that house to this day.

Now, why do I suspect spirits? Well, based on my experience, the best way I know when a spirit is in my house is simply it feels like there's someone there. I was too young at the time to understand what was going on around me with my sister's situation. I would wake up, come downstairs in my PJs, and see about 10 black dudes in the house and my sister was cooking for them. She would simply tell me that they're her friends, and I believed it. One of them even played cars with me. So, the above paragraph where I shined a light on what actually had happened, I didn't learn this stuff until much later. My family was perfect to my understanding, but it was actually messed up.

But how I can tell there's a ghost in the house is that it feels as though there is a stranger in the house and you know exactly where it is standing and when it moves. "Spiritual Sensitivity" is what it is called when you can sense the dead or malicious spirits. Some have a higher spiritual sensitivity than others. When I lived in the old house, I not only could sense where it was standing, it watching me, and its movement, but I could hear it. It always tried to talk to me when I was alone. My middle sister and I used to share the same room because the house only had three bedrooms. When my oldest sister was kicked out, my middle sister moved into her room and I had the second biggest room all to myself (was awesome). Unfortunately, I wasn't alone in that room. The spirit was in there also. I honestly don't think there was one, but I will get to why I suspect that in a moment.

We had a dog name Peaches then, she was an Australian Cattle Dog. Because I was always terrified to sleep in my room, I had her sleep in there with me to comfort me. She slept under my bed, but there was one night, where I woke up. It could have been 1-3am. I glanced to my left and saw Peaches no longer under the bed, but she was facing my bed, her ears were erect, and she was staring at it. It disturbed me to think she was seeing something, and that was when I heard it, "Tell me your name. What's your name?"

I went under my covers and tucked my head beneath my pillow and I kept my eyes tightly closed until sleep took me again. It had sounded like an older man with a gruff voice, making a demand.

Since then, I slept in the hallway. I never slept in my room. I didn't like being sent to it as a punishment and it didn't matter what time of day--day or night my room always felt like someone was standing in there.

Things got worse when I got into high school. I got used to it eventually and I was able to sleep in my room and just ignore it. There were times where I couldn't even take a nap on the couch downstairs in the living room because I would feel a breeze of someone walking by me that would wake me up, and there was no one there. It happened twice before I just stayed up. This is one of the reasons I suspect there being multiple spirits in the house, and it hadn't been in just my room. My mother was going through similar situations as me, but there's an incident she testifies to that I will also add here eventually. That incident is when she encountered a "demon."

We had a period where we thought the AC went out of whack, and it had to be about late spring early summer so it was warmer outside than it was in the house. It became very cold that you could see your breath. We called the repairman and he couldn't find anything wrong with it, but he saw us walking around in coats and sweaters. I began to have nightmares of seeing myself dying--being shot to death by people I knew, my older sister's "friends" coming back to the house to gun us all down because she owed them money and didn't pay them back, walking barefoot in the backyard on a lawn of lethal snakes that could bite me and poison me.

We finally moved at the conclusion of my 10th grade year. We moved into a house down the street that to me was no better than our previous. A couple had lived there, and the boyfriend had been abusive and they would always be fighting. They left the house in bad shape, and my mother had to rebuild the interior. I was in Ohio visiting a friend, so by the time I got there, the house was already fixed. The transition from house A to B had occurred while I was away, so moving into this new house was new but no different. The hauntings in the new house are a different story, which I'll add here eventually. The new house brought along "plagues."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sonata
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!