Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Fallen Wings

The Fallen Wings

a part of “The Fallen Wings”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

An organization of noble dragon riders are being driven to extinction...not by the forces of darkness they once fought...but the insane quest of one of their own members.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Fallen Wings”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Fallen Wings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:28 pm

"The Fallen Wings"

Hi there folks!

I am Vitamin, your GM for Fallen Wings and I'd like to welcome you to the main OOC thread, the place where any important announcements, discussions and such will be taking place.

I may put up a lore thread in the near future in order to get across some of the other points of the magic, creatures, and society in Magna, but I'm fairly casual and I have no issue with people taking stuff and running with it to a degree. There are just a few questions that people tend to ask with this idea.

A few other things to clear up before we begin.

For the main roles listed, I won't be taking hard and fast reservations. Not in the sense that if you call it, it becomes your slot. I'd prefer that people got slots through writing awesome stuff instead, and I hate to turn away great writers. So, here's the deal. You can post on the OOC, or PM me to register your interest in the role, and if you do so, it won't be given away until you've submitted a character...or unless you've failed to make any contact with the board or me for a couple of days, or haven't announced your absence. In the event that several people apply for one slot, I'll look over the sheets and select the one that I feel best suits the role. Thar's not to say that any not selected are bad or inferior, but would most likely because I feel that one character in particular may have more scope to drive the plot.

Alright, I think that's formalities over with for now. Feel free to ask on here, or fling me a PM if you've got any questions.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: The Fallen Wings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:01 pm

For those of us who were parts of the last one, are we allowed to re-join with our old characters?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Everscale
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Of course. The characters from the last one suited their roles very well.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Can I reserve "The Mage?" If so, could they be a rather powerful spellcaster capable of frankly astonishing feats of magic, so as to put them on equal footing with the other characters, who will, for the most part, have dragons as well as magic? Don't worry about my char being overpowered. I have plenty of handicaps set up to level the playing field. Also, I'm assuming the Mage will be a rather reluctant assistant of the big bad? I was kind of hoping to heel face turn at some point. =D

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Yes, spellcasters can safely be fairly powerful in this RP, so long as some limitations are considered. Magic has to draw its energy from somewhere after all, so every caster will have their limits, but mages can do some impressive things. Elarain has, after all, raised an army.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetna on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Hey I was wondering if there was more than one mage. Because in the description, you say "They" so I was thinking there would be more than one. If yes than I will be making a mage character as well. Thank you
Zetna

Zetna
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Oh, I was using 'they' as a gender neutral term, as 'it' sounds a little bit demeaning.

That's not to say other mages don't exist in the land, there are many, but only one was stolen by Elarain.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetna on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:47 pm

But Can I still make a mage??

Zetna
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Everscale on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Hey, Vitamin, I was thinking...
If no one falls in for the captive rider role, Narcissa can have been captured by Elarain? It would sort of amuse me... if only because Vell would then be alone with the Dragon Riders, and probably determined to help them find his mother.
Children who do not really understand war are always fun in a combat situation...

Everscale
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:10 pm

SUre, if we don't get any more applicants for the role in a couple of days, I'll let you know.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Jester on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Can I join? Tell me if I'm being noobish here by the way. >.>

The Jester
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:21 pm

If you'd like to join, just fill out the character form and submit it, I'll look it over once it's submitted.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:21 am

I think you forgot to update the list, Vitamin. It says the Mage role is still available. XD

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah, I accepted that pretty late last night, so I wasn't really typing up all the loose ends, it'll be done in a sec.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tsukiakari on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Right. Well, I can't exactly do much but drop the occasional post as Remiandre giving a bunch of narration until I reach a stopping point, so I think I'll wait a little while and see if any of the characters in Elarain's castle drop by to visit. =D

Tsukiakari
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StormtheCastle on Fri May 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Just wanted to make a note here that I won't be able to be online much this weekend so I won't be posting much the next few days.
"Don't take life so seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways."

StormtheCastle
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Beach-Born-Boy on Sat May 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Is this still open or what?
"I saw the traveler make his way toward the monolith,
That thin gash amidst the clouds;
An open seam between heaven and earth that eluded the Eye of God.

Or perhaps it had not; perhaps it beckoned from one realm
To the other, wedded And ruled as one;
For look how clean it splits the horizon 'twain, absorbs it,
Makes it Strange,
An indomitable beam,
A Tower of Heaven."

Beach-Born-Boy
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!