Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Branches of Power

Branches of Power

a part of “Branches of Power”, a fictional universe by Basta.

Though linked through the Lines, they must bond together to stop a god.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Branches of Power”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Branches of Power

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Sat May 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Lorry doesn't really need the bulk of the training, as all he can do is suck away and give magic, and everybody seems to strongly dislike him one way or another so teamwork training would not matter for him.

Nay to the training montage.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 pm

There is no better training than field training. Plus, "Show me yours and I'll show you mine" is something that Haze would avoid. So, that is a no to training.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Sun May 06, 2012 3:56 pm

It's not a vote on whether they're going to train or not, it's a vote on whether we'll just be skipping over that part and going on to the part where they slaughter a group of people because they have the audacity to have a different belief system than our little group. You know, standard hero stuff.

As for me, I'll be abstaining from voting because either works for me. Just try not to write something that will make me look at Michael with the detached disgust I would give to a pathetic addict that used to be my offspring.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheFinalOne on Tue May 08, 2012 7:13 am

Either works for me
ImageRespect ma authoritah!
Are you irritated at coming last in every single thing? Don't worry. For just a cookie, I'll be TheFinalOne.

TheFinalOne
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Tue May 08, 2012 4:04 pm

Ok so that's two "no"s, two indifferent and one yes. I'll see what I can come up with as a draft then. BTW, Life, I'll prolly have to have you collab with me if I do actually decide to skip the training thing, seeing as to how I have no idea how to portray your character.

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Tue May 08, 2012 6:36 pm

I wonder if that's a good or bad thing, and to who it applies to. Anyway, let me know whenever you need something from me.

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Wed May 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Ok, for the sake of moving everything along, I put a generalized "this is what happened and is happening" type post up. Reply how you will. Sorry for the long wait, but I've just moved to a night shift and work is pretty busy now.

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lifecharacter on Wed May 09, 2012 11:43 pm

So we're just going to go with skipping the training, along with two weeks of characterization, and the justification for why anyone would really identify Lily as an unquestionable leader, regardless of the vote that was swinging towards Eye of the Tiger montages?

Lifecharacter
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Thu May 10, 2012 4:36 am

Lifecharacter: Three out of nine people took a definitive stance on whether or not we should do a training thing, and two of those were a 'no'. I didn't want to wait any longer and see this RP just die. I can delete the whole thing and have everyone ignore it, but that would mean that everyone would have to participate and not ghost.

GothBabeAlex: It depends. I don't want a definitive spell list because I don't view magic as a by-the-books system. I think that it's up the the limit of a mages power and their creativity to do things. Blood mages, in your specific case, are limited to the manipulation of life energies. That being said, there's a lot you can do with that. For example: stop someone from bleeding, cause someone to bleed, stop a heart, start a heart, perform surgery...y'know that sort of stuff. Blood mages can hurt and heal equally effectively.

Everyone else: Should I just delete the post I put up? I didn't get very many responses from you guys on this topic...

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Thu May 10, 2012 4:53 am

I haven't read the new post yet, but if you want to scrap it, I am willing to help you come up with some event to get all of us involved in... it was my idea to jump, anyway. It all depends on where you want to take the story, any plans you have, and any info on our enemies.

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Sun May 13, 2012 6:05 pm

Did everyone give up already?

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Sun May 13, 2012 7:24 pm

I thought we were still discussing what to do...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Sun May 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Well there's two choices.

A) We keep my post and move forward

or

B) We scrap that and do some training.

No one has said anything, and it's been quite a while. I'm just trying to assure that this doesn't die on me.

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Wed May 16, 2012 7:03 am

Somebody call David, cause this RP is dead (or at least on Death's doorstep).

Basta
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Wed May 16, 2012 3:51 pm

I recommend sending out some PMs to ask if people are still in it.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!