Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Curse of Magic

The Curse of Magic

a part of “The Curse of Magic”, a fictional universe by Mela.

The world of magic has been revealed, but humanity did not take kindly to the news. Now witches and Wizards are being persecuted, leaving many young practitioners without teachers. Will they learn to control their powers, or be destroyed by them?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Curse of Magic”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Curse of Magic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:57 pm

So, I have a quick question/comment/idea: What if the hunters are actually tracking them with magic? Like, they kept one practitioner alive so that they could track down the rest? -has a character idea- If it's alright with you, Mel. ^_^

Edit: Also, I was thinking it might kind of help revive this. >,>
noot noot

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mela on Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 am

I'll figure everything out in a couple of days, guys. Right now I have an exam to study for. Haha. <3 =) I'll get back to you once I'm down to earth again.
Life consists of choices. If you wish to change your life, all you have to do, is choose to.
A true writer is an artist, but instead of paint and a canvas, he is given a string of letters and a piece of paper.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mela
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:38 am

I shall post tonight; it may not be the best post but I feel that I put this off for far too long a time.

I do wonder however on the direction of this Role Play and would appreciate some general information on the matter.

God's blood I just realized I shall be 18 within two days…. For some reason I find that depressing.

Any way I am planning a role play on the style of I Claudius; a story about the power struggles in the Julian Claudian family during and after the reign of Augustus of the Roman Empire. If you are interested I posted a thread on the interest check form and you are all welcome to offer advice for it which I quite desperately need.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mela on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Hey guys! I'm so so sorry for having put this RP off for so long. My brain is all mushy. I mean... I had a plan for what was to happen right now... and then it disappeared. -.-' I really should start writing my ideas down, shouldn't it?

Oh well, Forensic, I'll PM you on that idea of yours. ^^

Uhm... uhm... also, I'm working on getting that idea back! Haha. ^^ Like I said early on, I do not want this to die. I know my own inactivity is partly to blame here, don't worry. In fact, I'm thinking of doing a little timeskip, since these guys are going to be driving for a few days to reach their next destination. Lucky the owner on that car is dead. xD

Regarding the direction, Colonel, I am right now working on getting out guys to the city. Elrith is going to set something into motion... though he has yet to post, and I have something else in the working too, don't you worry. ^^ The immediate path isn't all that dramatic. A new character is going to enter their lives, and she'll add some intrigue... things will go from there, running parallel to the plans Elrith has for a subplot. ^^

Hope you're all still up for this! =) I'll post in the next couple of days to give things a kick. I suggest you post before then, Colonel, if you wanted to put up a post.

Elrith, I'm going to PM you, love.

There. Haha. I did my GM-duties. O.o I swear, this math exam took all of my energy. I've been on holidays for over a week, and I still feel sorta drained.

Mela
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 am

darn this character of mine is annoying me to no end lol

From the way I see it there are two options...

1) make a new one

2) do the soul sealing plan which is in essence another way to make a new character in the body of the current one

What works best with the role play?

If i where to make a new character he would be more in the direction of stealth and assassination and the second option would be more in the direction of a roguish spirit. (i sent you a PM at some point during the roleplay)

For now I will make a draft for a new character and send it to you for inspection and how it could work in the role play. if it turns out that this character would be more fun then i will ether kill of my current character or change his role to a side kick "apprentice" style character and go along with the spirit change to give this character a personality i can work with but less power at least to start with in order for the apprentice idea to work. (He is utterly dependent on the group anyway so it would not be a hard transition)

I will be happy for opinions on the matter from all of you, I simply find it hard to play Luke as he is and think i could help this role play run more smoothly with another character.

I do not really want to kill Luke off but if I have too i will.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mela on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:18 am

Send me the new character and I'll look him over. ^^ Then maybe we could work in that Luke dies during their trip to the city. Maybe something went wrong while they were trying to procure some food, or whatever. I dunno... we'll figure it out, Colonel. Don't worry. But the soul-switch thing wouldn't be something Sam would take on. She wants to help, but she wouldn't take away his powers, which in essence is what you were talking about doing, right? ^^

Mela
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:15 pm

My original plan was to block his power and then by training refocus it into a new direction. The spirit idea was the way in which a spirit was sealed in his body and aided with blocking his power in exchange for influence on his mind.

what i mean by an apprentice idea is to have him train in order to refocus his powers into more practical and tactical powers which while they do not have as much potential as his original powers are easier to control and more useful.

I actually have an even better Idea and i will PM it to you now.

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Alright, with Eldrith's post done its your turn Mela. I could post something but you know where this is going. I don't have an opinion about what you plan Colonel, whatever you think is best for your writing. Any idea about Promise?
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mela on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:19 pm

I PM'ed her. She opened it, but didn't reply, so she's a lost cause. *Sigh* Dap dap.

also, I know it's my turn. Haha. I'll get to it once I've figured everything out with other roleplays, Colonel's character and so forth. ^^ Promise. Might be a couple of days though.

Mela
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colonel_Masters on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:44 am

I was busy recently so i could not make the character, i will post later today . by the way what did you think about my idea in the pm i sent you?

Colonel_Masters
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:15 pm

So, is anyone else planning on posting...? D:

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mela on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:02 am

I have this RP on hold right now, Forensic. I'm working on some stuff and other RPs are sort of keeping me busy. I'm the one who needs to post next. =) I'll get to it soon enough, I promise. It's not dead... just paused. ^^

Mela
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forensic_Anthro on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:46 pm

*Jeopardy music*

Forensic_Anthro
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!