Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Shadow of Perfection

Shadow of Perfection

a part of “Shadow of Perfection”, a fictional universe by Sawakonotsadako1231.

The hamlet of Marris lies idyllically, nestled within the mountains; a long forgotten confluence. But what secrets lie within the slumbering beast forgotten? Do you dare find out?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Shadow of Perfection”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Shadow of Perfection

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sawakonotsadako1231 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:39 am

Yo! Ask questions here, need be.
Last edited by Sawakonotsadako1231 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sawakonotsadako1231
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Shadow of Perfection

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:12 am

It is impossible to describe the amount of my interest that you have captured, except that it is very large.

The only thing is, I'm not clear on a few points, like what kind of RP we're to expect. As far as I can tell, it's a sort of 'pre-apocalyptic', mystery-horror story, correct? Or will there be fantastic/supernatural elements involved (it reminds me enough of Persona that I would not be shocked at all)?

Also, what is the technology or time period? I'm going to assume far-ish future, considering it's fifty-seven years later, but it might be good to describe what they've got by then. Has the Singularity happened? Oh, and what kind of culture is it? Your character's name implies Asiatic.

The text minimum's another problem. While I'm completely fine with trying to make people post a lot and often, it does seem like 2000 words a week (which is what I assume you meant by 'a minimum of 1,000 words at a regularity of at least twice a week') might be a bit much for someone not actually directing the story. Unless you're going to give us a great deal of free reign with our posts, or want us to go on vast, pointless descriptions, I'm not sure how easily we can be expected to fill out that entire thousand words. At the very least, it seems a good way to cause an easily-stressed person to burn out.
"In Latin America, they say that the spirit world is a dark place, empty but for all of the human nightmares and regrets they left behind; the journey through it is long and hard. Every time you write, or draw, or create something new, you light a beacon fire in the spirit world to guide and protect the dead on their journey to the afterlife. Think about that the next time you write, and know that no matter how little it is, you have helped them on their way."

Audino - Surprisingly Amazing!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sawakonotsadako1231 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:36 pm

I'll answer in order, to keep it simple for myself.

Firstly, the nature of the roleplay is a bit of a facade. While I don't want to go into much detail and spoil it, you can expect it to be "'pre-apocalyptic', mystery-horror story" yes, but other elements will introduce themselves for sure.

Secondly, the tech level is going to be variable, in a sense. Think of it as a 57 year decline from where we are now, at a reduced rate. We hit our technological apex at our time of need, but have entered a so called period of stagnation. That was a bit convoluted, so just imagine the late 90's-early 00's.

Regarding the post count, there's a method to my madness. I set the post count high for two reasons: Scaring off the uncommitted and encouraging a lot of early story development. It's subject to change at a later date, but I want the first few posts to be regarding your story and the development of your personality. I want the RPers to define their characters through their interactions and thoughts, not their profiles. Nothing irks me more than the character profile, and so I want to rely on it as little as possible, hence the large posting requirement. I also want a large level of player interaction, which is encouraged when you have to find a thousand words worth of stuff to write about. Is it set in stone? For now, yes, but once the story has developed and players have formed bonds, I'll lower the requirement.

Lastly, the culture will be an amalgamation, though it will be leaning towards Asiatic. I'm trying to stay away from dictating where we are, because I want the location to be sort of ubiquitous. Marris could be a small town that you know, and I want to reinforce that idea.

Anywho, I'm glad that you're interested. Feel free to submit your profile when you want, or ask any more questions if you have them.

Sawakonotsadako1231
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sawakonotsadako1231 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:15 pm

No interest? I might just keep posting until someone else joins.

Sawakonotsadako1231
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hydrall on Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm sorry! x_X I'm trying to hammer out a good profile but at the moment I'm still trying to figure out what I'd want my character to be.

Hydrall
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sawakonotsadako1231 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Take your time :) Just was curious.

Sawakonotsadako1231
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Loved the prologue, Sawako.
I'll try to compose a character worthy of being a part of this RP.
Would you mind describing the decease a little but further?

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sawakonotsadako1231 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:22 pm

Decease? I don't follow.

Sawakonotsadako1231
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:50 pm

The O-virus.
What are the symptoms?

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sawakonotsadako1231 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Oh, the disease.

Stage 1: 1-2 days post contraction, stage 1 sets in. The virus is headed by feelings of mild irritation within the lungs, causing fits of coughing and wheezing.

Stage 2: 3-6 days post-contraction, stage 2 sets in. Minor psychological maladies are observable, prompting the infected to "scratch" at their abdomen. Wheezing continues.

Stage 3: 10-16 days post-contraction, stage 3 sets in. Psychological maladies are exacerbated; infected "tear" at their abdomen, causing injury. Wheezing is accentuated exponentially, causing major sleep deprivation.

Stage 4: 21-29 days post-contraction, death. Observable traits are numerous and severe. Pre-existing conditions, related or not, are notably in turmoil.

Sawakonotsadako1231
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Froggiepril on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:08 am

I just posted an introduction, hope that was okay? I'm very curious as to where this story goes. I thought it would take a lot of "brain shaking" to squeeze out a thousand words, but as I got started, just writing by trail of thought it was done in no time =)

Froggiepril
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sawakonotsadako1231 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:06 pm

It's much easier than it seems and does the story wonders. Good work!

Sawakonotsadako1231
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sawakonotsadako1231 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:02 pm

While I was waiting for the latest person to post, I'll skip ahead and try to get this running.

Sawakonotsadako1231
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Is it ok for me just to post an intro?

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sawakonotsadako1231 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Totally.

Sawakonotsadako1231
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm really glad I got in by the way. May I ask where you're from and what you guys do for a living? I'd be happy to answer the same question.

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sawakonotsadako1231 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:21 pm

As a character, or a person?

Sawakonotsadako1231
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:54 am

As a writer :)

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Froggiepril on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:43 am

As a writer I'm from childish books and stories, and an imagination running wild with no concept of reality... I started on forum based RPGs when I was 11 or so, and I completely fell in love with it, and got myself darker and darker characters :P At some point I started getting more versatile and realistic, more reflected on the kind of books I read now, witch are not as childish.

As a person I'm a Norwegian ergotheapy student. It's not really earning my living, but it will in some years.

Also, love the new character, just so exited for the RPG to really get started :D

Froggiepril
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!