Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Ascendancy: A Candle in the Dark

Ascendancy: A Candle in the Dark

a part of “Ascendancy: A Candle in the Dark”, a fictional universe by Doug.

Times are changing quickly, and the status quo of the past cannot possibly be maintained in the face of a rapidly approaching enemy. Take charge of a nation and guide it to Ascendancy.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Ascendancy: A Candle in the Dark”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Ascendancy: A Candle in the Dark

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ROFLMAO FTW on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm having trouble starting off my post. I'm sure I can make it decent length, but just need to think of a good way to start it off.
It is proven that 90% of teens would have a mental breakdown if Miley Cyrus where to stand on the edge of a 6 story building. Post this in your sig if your are the 10% yelling "JUMP B!TCH!!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ROFLMAO FTW
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doug on Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:11 pm

You could start out with a conversation or something that gives us insight into the general populous of your nation, and then segue into a scene related to what is going on. Or you could just drop right into the scenario without exposition.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Doug
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Carmel on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:30 am

Posted! XD. I apologize for my late post. Things have been busy at my home. I'm leaving to visit my grandparents soon, so I may not be able to post. But then again I might be able to. Just don't expect any fast replies. Once again, I apologize for the delay.

Mr. Carmel
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doug on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:53 am

The delay is not a problem, I'm simply glad that you posted. Based on the content of your first post, I am now more eager than ever to begin to interact with you in-character. Hopefully things will start to speed up a little now that we have another person involved, I really would like to see this roleplay become a success.

Doug
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Carmel on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:27 pm

I am glad you liked it Doug. I tried to add a level of tension for my nation. Especially because they know their government isn't the most... Liked, in the galaxy. I'm planning on posting again soon ^^

ROFLMAO, expect to interact with the IPF soon. It'll be interesting to see how our nations interact for the first time...

Mr. Carmel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rpannier on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:58 am

I am interested in this RP. It was pointed out to me by a friend here that I know from other RP's. Work is sort of hectic, so I'm kind of busy. I hope to have something created in the next week. I apologize it's taking so long, but I have a lot going on.
Don't quit yet, please

rpannier
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doug on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:10 am

Well rpannier, I cannot speak for all of us but I am a patient man with no plans on quitting just yet. Take your time, we'll still be here when you're ready to submit your application.

Doug
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Carmel on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:12 am

I agree with Doug. Besides. I think this RP inherently requires patience, so take your time rpannier ^^

Mr. Carmel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doug on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 am

That's for sure Mr. Carmel. It takes quite a while to hammer out posts for this thing, but that's part of the fun. On the plus side you don't actually need to wait for anyone to post either, theoretically you could just keep writing about stuff going on inside of your nation without interacting with other writers at all!

Doug
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Carmel on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:38 am

Just waiting for ROFLMAO FTW to post ^^ I'm anxious to see how he reacts to the current situation...

Mr. Carmel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ROFLMAO FTW on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:25 am

woo...Got that post on in...Thanks for waiting for me taking forever. I personaly feel like how ever this RP is best for waiting like maybe 2-3 day for posting...But I took like...a week and a half wow thank you for waiting so much.

ROFLMAO FTW
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Carmel on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:35 pm

Hahaha, nice X) You sure found my guys quick lol XD Question; how many clans do you have on your planet?

Mr. Carmel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ROFLMAO FTW on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:32 pm

I ould have to say considering it's a planet worth of clans...About 150 or so...Maybe 200.

ROFLMAO FTW
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Carmel on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:58 pm

In your bio, you say every clan has a "Jack"? O.O Or only a few clans have them?

Mr. Carmel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ROFLMAO FTW on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:38 am

Every clan...It's a pure military planet...So not having one is like not having a sword for battle...in space! But the power of the jack depends on the clan. Like the Emperor would have the most powerful jack of all.

Now this might bring up a question how anyon can come this planet and not see any ships...The answer is simple..IT'S A TRAP! haha, Rai has all clans ships hiding off far way from the planet (Maybe in the same solar system) just waiting for a mass invasion for them to just come out of no where and ambush the invaders.

ROFLMAO FTW
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Carmel on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:30 pm

First: Thanks for telling me the plan X)

Second: If every clan has a jack... Thats like me having 200 Patriarchs floating Around, since you have them listed as Size: 8. Any thoughts Doug?

Mr. Carmel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Doug on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:42 pm

I'm in agreement with Carmel on this one. Especially given the fact that you expressly stated that your nation has practically no space forces,when you have more than twice as many ships as I do, and all of them on par with my strongest vessel. Personally, I would cap it at 5 Jacks (I have 3 Athena and I'd say the two ships are roughly analogous) and either have some clans not in control of one, or decrease the number of clans total. One possibly idea is to create an additional class of ship or two and give the strongest clans Jacks, while giving the others weaker cruisers and frigates.

I'm not one for placing limits on other people, and I do believe that we all should be able to exercise as much freedom as possible with our nation designs. Balance is not a major concern here, because in reality it doesn't make sense to have some artificial maximums placed on things in an otherwise open world. However, with that said, when your "virtually non-existent" fleet is capable of completely steamrolling everyone else with minimal effort, we have a problem.

For reference, my fleet contains about 40 vessels in it. Three Athena vessels serve as flags for the three battle groups. Then there are 12 Ares vessels, and 25 Navis (I'm not counting Hermes because of their largely non-combat role).

Also, Carmel, no meta-gaming now =p.

Doug
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ROFLMAO FTW on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:43 pm

Yeah I was thinking 200 or so ships was a little much..haha little. So yeah five sounds good...Still enough to own everyone >.< jk

ROFLMAO FTW
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Carmel on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Okay, I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one confused by the ground nation's armada haha! Thanks for clearing that up you guys ^^

I shall not meta-game, on my honor ^^

I shall also post soon, as things have been a bit busy Xp. I apologize.

Mr. Carmel
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ROFLMAO FTW on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:29 am

Sorry my newest post isn't all that big. But I am kind of rushing things on my part because I'm off to college on the 16th. Speaking of wich on the 16th I wont be able to post for a wile, not till like 25th or so and that's guesting.

ROFLMAO FTW
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!