Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A Kingdom on Fire

A Kingdom on Fire

a part of “A Kingdom on Fire”, a fictional universe by velvet.dress.

As the King of Atropates lies on his deathbed, the Four Factions vie to control the future heir and hold the keys to the kingdom...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Kingdom on Fire”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Kingdom on Fire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby velvet.dress on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A Kingdom on Fire"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

velvet.dress
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A Kingdom on Fire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm

I would like to take the banished prince's role, if possible. The thing is, I'm most likely not going to be able to log on for a few days after today...
Irony is lost on those whose behavior is ironic. Isn't that... ironic?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sench
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby velvet.dress on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:36 pm

That's fine - if you can get a character sheet in before then just for my perusal, that would be great. But if you don't have time, no worries - see you in a few days :) I might start it up, but obviously your character can easily be introduced later as he'll not be in the thick of it straight away.
Anyone on the Prince's side can do a bit of scheming and whatnot until the Prince appears!

velvet.dress
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Sounds good. Could you give a bit more detail on the setting before I make a character though? I understand this is a medieval fantasy-ish setting, but:
1. Are there races besides human?
1b. If so, are the royal family all a specific race or?
2. Magic is mentioned in conjunction with alchemists. Are there other types of magic?
2b. If so, what sort of magic should be expected?

Sench
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby velvet.dress on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:44 pm

No other races except humans here, think of it as a sort of parallel world to Medieval England but with some fantasy thrown in.

With magic, you can play around a little bit, within reason. The alchemists' magic can almost been seen as a sort of chemistry, so there's potions and creating something out of something else. There is always the rule of 'equality'. So no making gold from grass or anything like that (Although the Philosopher's Stone can be alluded to as it has a close link to alchemy).

Alchemists cannot control people's mind or read them, they can't create fire in the palms of their hands or move things with their minds. Some of them DO believe in prophecies and destiny... I know that's not really 'magic' but it's something else that can be used in the story.

However, magic does not have to be limited to the alchemists. You can introduce some 'black magic' where someone uses voodoo to curse someone. Or you might have a character who has healing powers, although they might be seen as a 'witch' and not necessarily accepted by their community.

What I don't want is any characters with powers over an element or all-out powerful. As long as the magic makes sense and fits into the world in a logical way, it's acceptable.

I hope that's given you some clarification? If not, throw more questions my way! If you do have an idea which you think will work well with regards to magic, go with it, don't feel like you need my permission - I'm just here for guidance and I'd like everyone to have a role in how this world shapes and forms :)

velvet.dress
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby trakira on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:26 pm

I know it is not one of the roles mentioned on the front page, but could I make a peasant/thief character?

trakira
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby velvet.dress on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:49 am

Yep, of course :)

velvet.dress
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:19 pm

So I would like to know what the form of currency we will be using and what its like compared to the US dollar. How much more or less is it or is it the same. It'll just help with the purchase power, bribes, and other things that go with politics.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:30 am

I think I might be able to get some more people in to join

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby velvet.dress on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:12 am

Yeah, this isn't really going to work with just the few characters we have at the moment, I'll try drumming up some interest as well.

With regards to currency, it isn't something I'd actually thought about, so I will and get back to you.

velvet.dress
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!