Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Guardians of the Galaxy

a part of “The Guardians of the Galaxy”, a fictional universe by Wet Matches.

"While the Avengers and the X-Men are protecting little ol' Earth, we're spreading ourselves thin across galaxies. We need you... and I, need a vacation." - Star Lord

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Guardians of the Galaxy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wet Matches on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:17 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Guardians of the Galaxy"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wet Matches
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: The Guardians of the Galaxy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wet Matches on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:59 am

Currently under construction, but I will accept characters. Should have all updates done in two days.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wet Matches
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:40 am

I am interested in this, though I must admit I know very little about the The Guardians of the Galaxy or comics in general, just never really been into them, at least not enough to buy them :) I know general stuff, and Ive created and rpd comic based rpgs before.

What about the bad guys, who plays them?

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby frazzguy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:45 am

I don't think you need to worry much Wade, it's pretty easy to pick up.

frazzguy
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 am

Yeah I might be down for this too, space + superheroes =winrawr
I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Hell Yes.

I've never read any GotG comics, but I'm growing very interested in space based heroes.

"Join The Corps!"

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wet Matches on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Hell yes. Thanks for showing interest everyone! I definitely recommend the GotG series to anyone that can get access to them. The writing is top notch and the adventures/battles they go through are epic.

WadeJackel wrote:I am interested in this, though I must admit I know very little about the The Guardians of the Galaxy or comics in general, just never really been into them, at least not enough to buy them :) I know general stuff, and Ive created and rpd comic based rpgs before.

What about the bad guys, who plays them?

I wanted RPers to focus on being Guardians and get familiar with the setting so I'll be moderating the bad guys you'll be fighting for now. I am making the setting at least 7-10 years passed everything that has happened in the comics, so even if no one has read them, you won't have to know too much. Its the main reason why I decided to go with recruiting members into the team, so you can go into this fresh and new.

Wet Matches
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:40 pm

I just did a little research into it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_ ... (2008_team)

I was thinking of resurecting one of the members from the original Gaurdians (1969), would that be ok?

Don't know how far you guys want to get into creating your original character, but here is an awesome Superhero builder
http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wet Matches on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Nicely done, Wade. You can definitely play as Starhawk, just remember to follow the canon sheet format.

Wet Matches
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Lol, changed my mind. Going to go with an original (yet similiar) character

Updated version :)

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wet Matches on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:49 am

lol np Wade.

A moth symbiote and an Ultraman-inspired hero? Our team is shaping up to be a badass bunch. Sheriff Ultra and King Moth are both accepted. Awesome characters, guys.

Wet Matches
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:06 am

Ill have mine submitted a little bit

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 am

Sheriff Ultra will also be using some good ole' fashioned Clint Eastwood Brand Justice.

You can find that shit on aisle six. or maybe five...

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:23 am

Speaking of Symbiotes...

Imagine an entire organized group of those little buggers. Like the Green Lantern Corps.

...BUT WITH SYMBIOTES.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wet Matches on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Damn that would be crazy. I'm surprised Marvel hasn't done something like that yet. Or maybe they did and I don't know about it lol. We'll wait for a couple more to join before we start.

Wet Matches
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Submitting mine.

Been working on it all day.

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wet Matches on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:29 am

Knostiis is accepted Wade. Pretty interesting character. I'm curious about his role as 'Arbitrator Supreme' & what that entails. Is he like some kind of herald or overseer in his dimension?

Ok folks, waiting on one more and we'll start.

Wet Matches
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wet Matches on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:15 am

Since playing as Star-Lord will usually be intended to move the plot forward, I decided to add another character so I can join in on the new guardian face bashing with yall. Still waiting on one more.

Wet Matches
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JayZeroSnake on Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:33 pm

I think its safe to say Magnus is the manliest man this side of the galaxy.

JayZeroSnake
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wet Matches on Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:36 am

haha. He's Image meets Image -- at least that's how I'll be playing him... to some extent. :D

Wet Matches
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!