Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Virtual Reality is the better Reality

Virtual Reality is the better Reality

a part of “Virtual Reality is the better Reality”, a fictional universe by genericroleplayer92.

In the world, there are many trending novelties. Among the top, Virtual Reality. People would kill to be able to live a different life, live a different Reality. A place they could start their lives over without worry. Whats your story?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Virtual Reality is the better Reality”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Virtual Reality is the better Reality

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:40 am

I see but even if you say he needed to travel, wouldn't his admin privilleges bypass the need to travel at all? He could just warp to any NPC/Player in the vincity, or the monster itself since monsters are NPCs too.

Even with the reappearance time of (4x) 1-2 hours or (2x) 3-4 hours as mentioned above, it's still less than a day. He could just collect the tubes he needed->Warp to the objective->Use the tubes->Fight for 30 mins or 1 hour, which I think is plenty of time->Log out. Log in and repeat the whole process again the next day.

These are my personal opinions, of course, it's your character and it is important that you feel comfortable with it. My concern is only if it comes down to a brawl between him and one of the other characters, they would be at a severe disadvantage because they would be fighting half-a-raid-encounter for 30 mins singlehandedly. Whom even if they won that day, it would come back the next day and appear beside them at the most inopportune moments ---because it's an admin too! (@.@''')

Now ...imagine if player guilds had a gauntlet and people camped at the appearance sites, sure one person can hold only six. What about ten, twenty people? It would be the monopoly of a nuclear bomb. Major in-game security breach.

Perhaps if you made it so that he could not defeat the elementals himself (due to his lack of other combat powers) and needed another person/s to aid him in accquiring the tubes. That could later evolve into a plot.

Think Yuna and the Fayth from FF10, she needed to go 'round the world to collect Fayth to defeat sin but she couldn't do it alone. Admittedly, she's OP when leveled correctly (I had her hitting 9999 with her staff, while self-healing. Tidus [her ultra-fruity boyfriend] just sat there casting Haste.)

But that's beside the point, his admin privilleges are still a major advantage, afterall it means being able to warp to any location (since monsters are NPCs) and bypassing all the other monsters to get any treasure.

A smilie costs nothing, but in the internet, it is EVERYTHING.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

flickery
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:04 am

I agree flickery, though I didn't think about it like that before. Then again, I do also like the idea of making it some sort of quest or plot line. Just says :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DePhantasia on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:59 am

The monsters do not count as NPCs (sure the elementals have the ability to communicate with the players, however, they do not do anything but trigger combat.), so he can not teleport to them using the admin powers he has. He can only teleport to the beginning of each area, should he choose to teleport to a location, not any specific co-ordinates. As for players, he isn't omnipotent, and doesn't know where everyone is at any time in the game. The player database only collects information like statistics and whatnot. meaning if he were to meet anyone in game, he could just look up the profile, the expanded profile the player sees when filling it out. As far as combat, generally one cannot defeat a boss like monster on their own, unless they are OP, or power leveled correctly, which the game has a system for not allowing. Monster kills do not grant you level experience, but individual trait exp. only quests grant level exp. so, it wouldn't be possible, metaphorically, for him to defeat any one of the elementals on his own.

As for guilds and the such, that's how things are done in most MMORPGs, but the tubes are non trade-able. so it wouldnt matter if many people would be camped out, or just a party of 2. the elemental fills the tube of the one who deals the finishing blow, and that is that. And yes, I know with the respawn rates, it'll be easier to fill the tubes, however, roughly 6-12 hours for only 30 minutes of power is quite the jump, and Jon doesn't go for forms, he goes for buffs. I listed the forms, because they are available, should he decide to utilize them.

Jon is hardly omni-potent, just ranked amongst the high tier players of the game.
Former genericroleplayer92
Vivat Nocte, Omnus Laudem Luna
In every Reality, there will always be Fantasy

DePhantasia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Furry Dragon on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:51 am

Just so you guys know I'm going to be gone for a week. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Imagine a Balderdash game where Incredible Initials was rolled. The initials were S.M.A. This was one of the responses:

A movie about the lost soul of a murdered person that is laid to rest when 200 sheriffs impersonate him at once.

That's totally the answer, right?

Furry Dragon
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:13 am

o.O Okae! :] Real life gave you something to deal with?

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Aw ok. And just as a note to everyone. I just posted and I know its kinda sort. I am really sorry and I'll be posting better lengths soon, promise.

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DePhantasia on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Everything is going great guys, keep it up. I'll do some small revisions on my character, then be posting as the company every now and again in a short while.

Edit- Revisions are done. essentially, I have shortened the time he can be in any form, as well as the power of the forms have been decreased. Respawn rates have been lengthened, and a rate per day added to defeating the elementals required to obtain/ fill tubes.

DePhantasia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Finally am home, still haven't seen how much there is to read. Hopefully I'll post something tonight. Rome was by the way freakin' awesome and I recommend it to anyone who loves life.

Edit: Managed to post my intro, hope it's not too long or too short. I'm liking this character more and more the more I get to know him. :)
Please don't be mad if I don't look for a party with you guys from the start. It's just not what that character would do.

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:43 am

Well, I've been waiting for FD for a week to post but ...I'll just go ahead now. :/

EDIT: My post is a combat attempt, nothing is fixed in there. Think the way Haseo from .hack//G.U pulls out his weapons appearance wise. You can dodge, block or anything if your character is capable of it. The reason he would know who that is, is because you stated in your profile that your character has a reputation. o.O!!!

@Living: I only pressumed Shadow Manipulation was an uncommon ability, if that's stepping on any toes feel free to tell me. :] I won't mind abit changing it.

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:03 pm

From my understanding it would be an uncommon skill, however I think that would be more left up to the GM to decide. It sounds fine to me. :)

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Uncommon abilities as they might be, don't forget this game is an MMORPG. Nothing is trully unique if a player can have it ;)

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:18 pm

EDIT: Changed "turned shaded areas into areas" To "turn shaded areas into weapons". XD

@Living: Yep, grr8 to hear that. I was wondering if I jumped the gun there.
Last edited by flickery on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DePhantasia on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Well, things are getting interesting. The combat description was fine flickery, only problem with it is you are in a non-PVP area, so, all your doing is going through the motions, so-to-speak.

and yes, all your abilities, though they may be unique to the rp now, however, another person may join the RP with a skill very similar to yours. keep that in mind. If I notice any direct resemblence, and they don't have your permission to use the ability(s) I will ask them to change it.

DePhantasia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Aww, did you really have to point that out? I was hoping he would fall for it.
Last edited by flickery on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Fall for what exactly?

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flickery on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:46 am

@carlos: Yea, sure whatever man. ;)

I'll be going off for a few (2-3) days so I won't be posting until I can find some internet. :]

flickery
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:55 am

It's been quiet around here... anyone still there?

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Living-Dead Doll~ on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:33 pm

Im still here and should be posting sometime tonight. I have been really busy

~Living-Dead Doll~
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Furry Dragon on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm here too. I don't really want to post right after my own post in the RP, that's all.

Furry Dragon
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamscourge on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:39 pm

If everyone is amiable, I would like to continue past Flickery's post, seeing as they haven't been online for some time. I certainly don't want to let this RP die, so we could go for another round of posts and wait to see if Flickery comes back. Progress is key, I think. So long as we move forward, somewhat.

Dreamscourge
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!