Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Portable Good

PORTAbLe GOOD

a part of “Portable Good”, a fictional universe by cirrus_sd.

All the worlds are connected through a series of portals that only a select few can see. What world will you travel to?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Portable Good”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

PORTAbLe GOOD

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Fun Fact: Because portals are sometimes thought to be sentient, Portal-Hikers often say "Portal, be good!" before they travel through it, to ensure they have a safe journey. Dragons who frequent the portals have recently been known to say this as well. It isn't known whether it actual does anything, but better safe than sorry, right?
오빤 강남 스타일~!

Mother, Father, Gentleman~!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: PORTAbLe GOOD

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Methodical on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Could I reserve the third hiker? :D

Yep.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Methodical
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:37 am

When I saw this RP, I kinda sorta really wanted to reserve one of the hikers. Oh well. Brilliant idea this is, I must say.

But if there's any chance a fourth hiker could tag along, I'm game! =D

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 am

Yes, Methodical, you can reserve the third hiker

Aww, sorry Gamer_Templar :/ I might consider adding a fourth. But, don't be shy to make an otherworlder! They can tag along as well. And remember, dragons can see the portals as well :)

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 am

Now that I think about it, my character idea does seem more suited to be an otherworlder. Maybe a portal hiker who's already gone through his rite of passage, something like a mentor for the trio?

Also, I saw what you did with the title. Pure genius!

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:24 am

Yeah, that would work :)

lol, thanks. The whole idea for this roleplay is based off a book idea I have (though in the book, the main characters are different and none are portal hikers) and that was the possible title...hopefully the book will come to fruition during NaNoWriMo.

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:49 am

Also, I'd like to add here that reservations are 24hr only. After that, the spot goes open again.

Also, if you suddenly stop posting or abandon the rp without telling me, then I will open your slot up to someone else and write a terrible death for your character. If you do tell me you can't do it anymore, then you get to write a terrible death for your character (or provide some viable excuse for why they suddenly disappeared)

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:18 am

Just to check, are there portal hikers from other worlds or are they all from the same one? My guess is with the former, but I always like to be certain.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:26 am

Well, I had imagined one world where they are all originally from, and generally raise their family, but portal-hikers sometimes live in other worlds as well.

There might be other worlds with portal-hikers (it's certainly possible), and I'd imagine there would be at least one that consists of war-like people who take over other worlds via portals (perhaps it will become a plot point later) but this particular roleplay takes place in one portal-hiker world.

Hope that answers your question :)

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby zolzol on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:17 pm

I would like to reserve a other worlder! Woooooo!
A deus of lacuna inter philologus letalis

zolzol
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ceh12 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:44 pm

so are we gonna start soon?
ImageSam, could you be any cooler?
No, guess not.

ceh12
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Methodical on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Posted my character, sorry it took me so long, I've been in the hospital. Can't wait to start :D!

Methodical
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:40 am

We'll be posting soon.

Thank you so much guys for your patience with this roleplay! I have been very busy, but seeing everyone be so enthusiastic about it makes me happy :)

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:23 am

Forgot to mention here that I've got my character more or less finished too.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cha-kun on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Cirrus... did you get my message? T^T You never replied...
"Serve the Emperor today. Tomorrow you may be dead." - Thought for the day

cha-kun
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Starsailor on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:09 am

Oh my fur and whiskers! I wish I had found this one sooner.
I'll put up an otherworlder when I get the time.

Starsailor
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:14 am

@Cha-kun: I replied. Please check your inbox :)

@starsailor: That's fine. we have a lot of room for otherworlders.

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:33 am

So... is this roleplay gonna get off the ground? Just wondering.

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby cirrus_sd on Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:48 am

It will, I've just been so busy!

BUT! I plan on making the first post tomorrow afternoon/evening :D

Thanks for staying with me, guys!

cirrus_sd
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ceh12 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:14 pm

ceh12
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!