Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Madagascars

a topic in Music, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Are you a budding musician? Share with us here!

Madagascars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:12 am

(Author's note: This is my first attempt at anything resembling rap/hip-hop lyrics and I wasn't sure where to put them. I'm sure a Designer will designate them to the appropriate area if need be, but here they are for now. Tell me what you think. I just got really inspired.)

Can you build a monument to represent yourself,
And just watch as it cracks and wears within itself?
It's that eating feeling, the kind that no one understands.
Like you wrote the book; It takes a mastermind to make a master plan.
Ain't nobody living like they said they would.
I got reprimanded, like I said I should.
So now you go, throwin' stones, act as if you never been alone.
Fightin' cause, keep effects, all it takes to mentally wreck,
Wreck yourself and everything that makes you up,
Becoming broken down into something that you cannot trust:
The darker side, the one who stops you from givin' up,
But turns you into a monster, and doesn't even give a fuck.

Ain't no knowin', what's been goin' on in my head today.
But I keep it bottled up inside; it'll all be forgotten anyway.
Ain't no stoppin', what's been broken is swept under the streets,
Of the city block that's in my brain,
Causing me a million miles of pain.

Could you write a testament against yourself?
And utterly, completely misrepresent yourself?
Then turn around and tell 'em "It's over, I'm okay."
Change direction, just turn around and walk away?
But you can't; it only takes one shot 'till they all hate you.
If you ain't got the same blackened souls as they do.
It's trial by execution, execution by fire.
They tie you to the polls of a popularity contest.
They beat you black and blue before you feel the heat;
You see the fire in their eyes, as they're screamin' through the streets,
Just

Ain't no knowin', what's been goin' on in my head today.
But I keep it bottled up inside; it'll all be forgotten anyway.
Ain't no stoppin', what's been broken is swept under the streets,
Of the city block that's in my brain,
Causing me a million miles of pain.

(Afterthought: This was something that just hit me. I've never really attempted to write lyrics that were stylized in this manner. I'm fully aware that it isn't the greatest thing ever, but I think it came out pretty incredibly, and represents me quite fantastically. Anyway, tell me what you thought of it; It would mean a lot to me.) :)
Last edited by The Afterman on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Madagascars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 am

Welcome Home! Hey there. Glad to drop in on this piece. I did move it to the Music subforum that we have, as lyrics are better suited for that area. No problem at all.

Did you have any idea for a musical direction, for this piece? Would love to flesh it out a bit more, maybe try a tune or something if you'd be up for it.

The lyrics are certainly very lush. I've been listening to a lot more mainstream music lately, and I have to say that a lot of those lyrics are pretty '"thin" in terms of how many words are actually there.

What inspired you to write this? I get the sense it came rather spontaneously.

Fightin' cause, keep effects, all it takes to mentally wreck,
Wreck yourself and everything that makes you up,
Becoming broken down into something that you cannot trust:
The darker side, the one who stops you from givin' up,
But turns you into a monster, and doesn't even give a fuck.

Mad nasty. I imagine this being parts sung, and parts rapped.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:41 am

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

And in actuality, I'm hoping I can get together with a friend of mine and actually record this, then I might have an actual song to share.

These lyrics were seriously on the fly, right from the heart. I just had a moment, and had to write this down. I was feeling extremely inspired, and this came out. The lyrics represent my thoughts and feelings pretty well, I think, and that's what they're mostly there to reflect. It just came from that part of me that just has those repressed feelings I don't tell anybody; I guess this is how I got 'em out.

Either way, I'm glad you like these lyrics. I was skeptical that anyone would really like them, but it seems they attracted the interest of a few people.

Thanks for the look over. It means a lot. :)

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:42 am

No problem. Lyrics are a lot like poetry. I always am saddened when I see someone posting awesome lyrics, but they have no plans to record it or at least try singing it out to a piano, or whatever. Very pleased to see you making plans on it. Go on, go forth, and be sure to share what you come up with!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:49 am

I intend to do so. Thanks. :)

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!