Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

By Any Means Necessary

By Any Means Necessary

a part of “By Any Means Necessary”, a fictional universe by Lidandra.

Have you heard this before? "The forces of darkness approach and it's up to the light to stop them." What if that sentence were reversed?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “By Any Means Necessary”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: By Any Means Necessary

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:17 pm

You can bold his responses and take control of him a bit. I don't much mind. Once you give the last response, I'll step in and post. So on and so forth

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lidandra
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Ok guys, it's been a day since the first post. Let's get started

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lidandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:18 am

Sorry, but that is not a great first post, you left it to open so we don't know how to start, you moved your main character away and left us some code words. But, most of our characters wouldn't say the words anyways. I don't know how to start with out doing it through pm and that is not what you do on a first post. I'm tired now, but I'll post tomorrow if nothing has changed.
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:12 pm

K, thanks for being honest. I'll see what I can do.

Lidandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:31 pm

So, I changed the first post. Better or worse? Honestly I didn't think I'd made it too open when I first posted, and this new post may not be different. Sorry about the inconvenience. >>;

In your opinion guys, what would have been a more intuitive way to start things off so I can avoid anymore confusion. Don't be shy (but don't be mean either). Constructive criticism is appreciated since I'm still learning and all. Once again, sorry about that.

Lidandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:30 pm

That is much better, I was not really right when I said to open. You left it very open with to much structure. This time it is very open, but without the structure. It was easy to make a response to that.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:18 pm

It's time for the weekly grammar lesson everybody!

1) The difference between "your" and "you're"

These two words are homonyms. In layman's term, this means they sound the same, but are spelled differently and have different meanings. Despite the lack of attention the internet pays to this rule, it an important part of literary writing. For those of us who are just one step away from being Grammar Nazis, viewing the wrong usage of these words are just short of agonizing. So let's define the two!

Your: one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person)

This means that the word "your" should be used in the context of showing ownership.
Ex. Your jacket; Your grades; Your responsibility

You're: contraction of you are

This means that the word "you're" should be used in the context of defining a person or personal characteristic.
Ex. You're so funny; You're a liar; You're so smart

Note: The usage of you're constitutes a complete thought on its own while your does not. (However, if you choose to write the thought "You are" by itself, you would not use a contraction.)

Other mistakes occur in homonyms such as there, their, and there, two, to, and too, and other such words. Here's some quick definitions.

There: in or at that place (opposed to here)

Their: a form of the possessive case of they used as an attributive adjective, before a noun

They're: contraction of they are

Two: a cardinal number, 1 plus 1

To: used for various expressions (look it up at dictionary.com if you want to know them all)

Too: in addition; also; furthermore; moreover (smart, funny, and rich too); to an excessive extent or degree; beyond what is desirable, fitting, or right (too sick to travel); more, as specified, than should be (too near the fire); used as an affirmative to contradict a negative statement (I am too!); extremely; very

And now you know about the most common homonyms.

P.S. This wasn't meant to insult, single out, or mock anyone. These mistakes are common ones that you see dozens if not hundreds of internet authors make. Generally speaking, following these rules adds more credibility to one's writing and builds upon one's writing potential. The only reason I do this is because I care. Personally, when I make mistakes or when there are things I can improve about myself, I want to know. (I'm hardly the perfect author myself yah know.) As such, I extend this courtesy as I often wish to receive it. As Haas33's signature says: Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. And yes, I'm serious. I'm going to do this weekly. XD
Last edited by Lidandra on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lidandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:31 pm

I just wanted to give a heads up that I'm making a character. It'll be on the good side since you seem to be lacking some of those and I have ideas for another character, but I would have to run that by those who play on the evil side. Oh, yeah, hi.
May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
-Irish blessing

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Oh yay! Welcome aboard merry traveler. Thanks so much for contributing a good character. He or she might not come into play until a bit later (depending on how fast people can post). Also, it should be ok to add another bad guy. We only have three so far and we can always add in superfluous, nameless politicians who need to be killed. (Who hasn't wanted to kill a politician just once right? lol)

Lidandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:46 pm

I was thinking of making another one, being evil, but again that is an idea I'd have to pass along between the evil characters and not openly on the forum. Plus, it would have to wait until I get my character, which I just submitted, introduced a little bit.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:47 am

And I submitted a character after all. I might not be very active for a while, however.
Irony is lost on those whose behavior is ironic. Isn't that... ironic?

Sench
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Mind if I go ahead and introduce my character, I can put into the scene at least for a short time to get this going again. How does that sound?

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Sounds good. Go ahead

Lidandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Omg, I just noticed that I've been posting in Htrae instead of Nature's Gifts....

FACE TO THE PALM!

Let's try to post in N.G. for now, k guys? Sorry about not doing so myself

Lidandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sench on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:09 am

In case anyone's wondering, I would have posted already, but I'm waiting for a more appropriate moment for my character to enter. The current situation is a little... too tense.

Sench
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:41 am

Though your entrance might allow for me to slip out... Anyway I was wondering where everyone is at.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Hey guys, sorry about being gone. My grandfather passed away and my family and I were on the road to Alabama for the weekend. And on the way there I got sick, so yeah. By the time I got well I had plenty of homework to catch up on and I still do. I'll try to post something today, but no promises. If I do post, it'll be sometime around three in the morning XD

Over and Out

Lidandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:00 am

Sorry for not posting. I will hopefully be getting to it tonight. I got to see my fiancee after ten weeks and I spent what time I got with him before he left again for more training.

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Well if that isn't the most romantic explanation I've ever heard! No pressure. I was just worried that you guys didn't want to roleplay no mores. :C

Lidandra
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lidandra on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:09 pm

By the way, does anyone want to adopt Katie Wright? The poor dear's been abandoned and she isn't a bad idea. If none of you want her, I can take over for her. Just wanted to see if there were any takers.

Lidandra
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!