Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Hunt, Capture, and Kill

Hunt, Capture, and Kill

a part of “Hunt, Capture, and Kill”, a fictional universe by Haas33.

A man hunts down the world's deadliest assassins. Why? Because he needs help killing a six year old. (MORE INSIDE!!!!)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Hunt, Capture, and Kill”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Hunt, Capture, and Kill

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:25 pm

sounds good, as long as you aren't killing one of 'the assassins'. Just like an NPC or something like that.
Real knowledge
is to know the extent
of one's ignorance.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:52 pm

That's the idea. I'm staunchly against killing other people's characters.

Anyway, how can I fit Valentine in right now? I'm thinking of having him either save one of the assassins against the scientist's life, or have him save the girl; in both instances, he'd probably use a sniper bullet from extreme range. Thoughts?

Also, something of a problem I just realised - a lot of the assassins here are going to have a really, really tough time against Valentine on account of his armour. The 'Dragon Skin' coat is rated for 5.56mm NATO rounds (standard assault rifle bullets), and his heavy-duty combat armour is Level V ceramic, which is rated for anything up to .30-06 Incendiary rounds. There's no way any kind of bladed weapon will cut through that - in the final fight scene of my novel, Valentine and the book's villain (who is wearing nigh-identical armour) basically do the same thing Medieval knights did and try to wrestle their knives into the gaps in each other's armour, with results that are not pretty. The only solution I can think of is for the assassins to be armed with some sort of super-sharp blades, or for some extremely brutal hand-to-hand scenes where they try to jam their knives into the gaps.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:51 am

So much for the 'no essay posts' rule...

I'll try to keep it down from now on, I promise!

Also, to notify everyone: I assume that (based on my experience writing about Reality Warpers for the SCP Foundation and Global Occult Coalition), the best way to kill the girl would be to try to snipe her from extreme range with a high-calibre weapon (to ensure a kill). She's not omniscient, and can't read the thoughts or control the mind of anyone she's not aware of. Therefore, she's still vulnerable to ambush. Am I correct in thinking this?

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:48 am

Zero Reaper, you are now my idol. Why? Because you have thought everything through sooo much. Ok, so for including Valentine RIGHT NOW...I can post something that could have you easily jump in. However, I haven't read your first post...so I will momentarily. As for the armor, I would say just not have it, but the armor could actually cause a really good twist in the story. Maybe, only have a little, like a chest plate type thing. Sort of like what FBI wear.

As for the sniping thing? It is very unlikely she wouldn't notice someone. This is because of her bird-like eyesight. If they were far enough away, she might not notice them, but at that distance she would notice the flash and half enough time to dodge out of the way (because of her fast reflexes). Of course, she would not be able to control snipers because of the distance...maybe only hear their thoughts if yes, she was aware that they were there.

The only other thing I might throw in there is the fact that it is almost nearly impossible to snipe her while she is in flight. In flight, she can get up to speeds close to 200 mph, 250 when dive-bombing. However, it does seem that sniping her would be a good idea, even if does just nick a wing or an arm or leg.

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Hm...I feel as if we can't really start/continue this role-play without the final two male spots open. I really don't want to take up a third character, but I will if necessary. Anybody want to take on a second character?

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Hmmm... well, I was looking over some of the other profiles, and it occurred to me that it's actually rather balanced once you think about it. Valentine is good (extremely so - it's the only reason he's still alive), but he's only human, and ten years ago, he was literally a perfectly ordinary human. He doesn't have, say, Connor's ridiculous aiming ability with a bow or Little Red's incredible skill with daggers. He can snipe, he can fist-fight and he can shoot, but he's not particularly good in any single area - to put it one way, he's a character tier below everyone else in this RP (I'll see if I can find the explanation of character tiers). And thanks for the compliment - I've been living and breathing this stuff for the last twelve months, so I've got tonnes of research done on every possibly relevant area. I do believe that I'm now on every government watch list ever now, though XD

Regarding the sniping thing, I find seeing the flash and dodging a tad hard to believe, and here's why. Your standard bullet travels at roughly twice the speed of sound, and if the shot is taken from one kilometre away, that equates to one and a half seconds of travel time between the sniper pulling the trigger and the impact. In real life, if you ever hear about people 'dodging bullets' odds are that the shooter missed. Although this does present an interesting question about her abilities - does she need to consciously 'look' for people's minds to read, or does she have a radar-esque ability that causes her to hear all thoughts within range (and, for that matter, what is her ability's range)?

Agreed; a shot like that would be nigh-impossible to make, as at close range you wouldn't be able to move your gun fast enough and at long range there would be too many variables to realistically score a kill-shot. However, it should be noted that a bullet packs a staggering amount of force - as mentioned in Valentine's excerpt, a .50 BMG round (one of the largest small arms bullets in the world) will literally blow someone apart on a centre mass hit, and a hit to a limb will almost certainly sever that limb wholesale due to the fact that roughly 15,000 joules of energy are being transferred through in the space of an instant. Additionally, tests have never been performed on six-year-olds (which is probably a good thing XD) but a sufficiently powerful bullet hitting a limb will still cause what's referred to as 'electrostatic shock', which is a shockwave sent through the nervous system that will usually shut down the brain (90% of deaths in explosions are caused by this, as a matter of fact). However, due to Blue Jay's... 'modifications', her nervous system may have been hardened against electrostatic shock (if I were in the business of creating super-soldiers, it's one of the first things I'd look to fix, since it'd roughly quadruple survivability against bullets and explosions).

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:57 pm

And here is where the TV show 'Mythbusters' comes into play. (there is one episode testing the bullet dodging theory). Ok, so basically, at a great distance, it is possible to dodge a bullet. here is what I found on a website: The average bullet travels at 2,500 feet per second (around 1,700 mph). If you reacted to the sound of the gun going off and required 0.20 seconds to react, then you would need to be at least 500 feet away to successfully dodge a bullet. Now, considering that Blue Jay is mutated to have fast reflexes, and possibly even trained in the matter of reflexes, it does seem plausible, that, at a much greater distance, say 1,000 feet, she would be able to move away in time. That is, if she were to see a flash or hear the blast. Now, a smart sniper would have some sort of silencer, so, she would mainly rely on sight. Also because of mutations, her eyesight is incredible (much like that of a hawk), she would be able to see this flash. The only other problem is that most sniper rifle's don't create that much of a flash. So, if Blue Jay weren't looking for it, and there wasn't much a flash, yes, she would most likely die.

As for the mind reading, here was my intention, whether it doesn't correctly match my first post or not: She has a sort of radar system, picking up thoughts/minds in varying degrees of clarity based on how far away they are. Lets say her range is 700 feet. Anything within, say 100 feet, she can control minds. Anything past, she can read minds, up to say...500 feet. Anything up to 600 feet, she knows that a mind is there, and recognize it if it is something/someone she knows. anything to 700 feet, she just barely knows they are there. As for controlling minds, sort of the same concept...but different. Instead of distance, everything is based on strength. With the weak minded, she could completely control them. With the strong minded, she can only influence or have good persuasion, but with effort and concentration. As for the electrostatic shock, she most likely has been modified for this, but still affects her greatly, especially because her age and weight.

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueWind_22 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:38 pm

"- Audra yawned, remembering she was a night animal before she took off, somehow finding herself in a coffee shop beside some old buildings..."

Agheem... Audra was already in the 'neighborhood' but if you can't tell from her living under an abandoned school and the old buildings then maybe I should make it alot more... obvious that she's in the bad side of town. My mistake... Oh, and Audra doesn't have her swords out, she's just wishing she had them. Her swords are in the guitar case on her back.
The price of being a sheep is boredom.
The price of being a wolf is Loneliness.
Choose one or the other with great care.

-Hugh Macleod

BlueWind_22
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:43 am

Alright, edited my post.

Anyway, I think that you can reply; we can write off the coincidence as 'plot reasons'.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:18 pm

I posted a character sheet for Shadow? :)

Ikuto Tsukiyomi Fan
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zero Reaper on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:56 pm

Holy shit, that post was massive...

But hey, I got a lot of stuff in!

Also, Haas, I'm going to PM you about a plot twist I have planned.

Zero Reaper
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby puckish4sure234 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Hey! Can I reserve the 16 year old character? Emma Watson face claim? Thanks, I can't write down her character cause I'm going somewhere important with family, that's why:D thank you so much, REALLYY great rp!! ^.^

puckish4sure234
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlueWind_22 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Sorry about the long post that I posted! I'm hyped up lots of sugar and I really wanted it to be so that I don't have to post for awhile. It is afterall christmas and I'm in a really good mood so happy X-mas!

BlueWind_22
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!