Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Silver Chronicles: The Dark West

a part of “Silver Chronicles: The Dark West”, a fictional universe by RydeDawg.

It's 19th Century America and it's up to a secret society unofficial called Silver to protect the blooming nation as it expands west. The Paranormal is out there but so are the hunters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Silver Chronicles: The Dark West”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Silver Chronicles: The Dark West"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Silver Chronicles: The Dark West

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Asper on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Really awesome RP idea, is there a possibility as playing as a samurai? And joining whenever Silver travels around.
Asper knocked,
at the castle keep.
But the gates were barred!
The Gods, asleep!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Asper
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Calvazara on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:10 pm

I really like this idea and the time period is my favourite! So, what type of characters are you looking for?
Image Image

Calvazara
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:35 pm

I was coming online to check out my roleplays and decided to look at the newest ones and your idea caught my attention. It sounds very cool and I'm considering making a sheet. Are you reserving or do I just drop a sheet whenever?

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:13 pm

Well glad to have people aboard with my Idea. So let me answer all your questions.

To Asper: Yes, in fact because of the immigration of Asians into America in this time period there will be a few Japanese monsters mucking things up in 19th Century America. I've created a few short stories of Silver during this time period and the two main characters are hunting partners one of whom is a Japanese Ronin. This ronin got into hunting in japan when is master was killed by a Yokai. He travelled to America after his hunting partner arrived in Japan from America to help with a case there.

To Calvazara: I'm looking for characters who basically fit the bill for the time period and are not overly powerful. Humans are great characters by themselves I believe, and the tend to be more easily accepted into Silver. Harder to trust old enemies such as converted Vampires, but that isn't unheard of for Silver to have a few hunters who are more than human. Make a character and i'll see if it flies in my world. Will your character be born into the Silver Society (parents who were in it), a seasoned member, or a new guy who just learned about the supernatural world?

To Seveneleven: Just go ahead and drop a sheet, dude. As of right now there isn't any reserving. Any Character I have in my head will be played by me and be more along the the lines as NPCs for your characters to meet. Like Silver's leader being one of my characters who will give each group of hunters their own case.

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seveneleven on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:14 am

Sweet, I'll start making one but first, will there be a specific skeleton to follow or not? It really doesn't matter to me if there is one or not. Unless there is something special you need to know about the character that is.

Seveneleven
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm interested. Tell me, My good man. Can our humans be cursed in any manner-or under magical effects?

Because I have an idea for a human detective,

Basically I'm going to say he was picked up by Silver who help him cope with curse and use him as an agent(mostly due to his background and to put him to use)

His curse is that anything that touches his lips turns into hard vodka/special brew/ Gin (this includes water, any food that liquid or mushy. Creams and solutions to mouth sores...and lipstick). His beard will grow unwildly massive to it reaches his adams apple in a matter of minutes-even if he just shaved-and if he manages to get lodgings he will within the hour lose it somehow-with no money back-his fresh clothes will always get dirty to a unacceptable degree within two hours.

Basically, his curse is that he always be a drunken hobo but he retains the knowledge of his life before the curse. He was an actual detective before it all. He got the curse after his investigation got a poor Irish immigrant lynch by the English and thus had to assume his appearance and life style as punishment.

I sort of trying for a tragic but comedic potential character. Too weird and disruptive of a concept, buddy or?

No-one-special
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RydeDawg on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:23 pm

To No-one-special: So he was cursed by his actions which had an Irish immigrant killed? While racism back in the mid 1800s was still going around I think that by the mid 1800s the English and Irish living and working together in America could tolerate each other. Remember this has been a long time since the era of British controlled colonies and most English are going to identify themselves as Americans now. Yes there was still racism among certain europeans the groups tended to stick together. This was the era when New York split into different groups like Little China, Little Ireland, and Little Italy. Europeans were quite good at sticking together to keep themselves safe. So an English mod killing an Irish-man in America... especially further into the west (where every white man worked hard together to pave themselves a future) would be rare.

Now say this curse was the product of a White mod lynching a black man then it would seem more likely. Racism in America concerning those who were not european (mostly native american and blacks) was very strong. Especially in the north were slavery was outlawed. Silver will tend to have to take up cases were they have to protect slave owners because there slaves bring with him certain African Occultism, Caribbean voodoo, and just straight hoodoo. While some members may not agree with slavery and one of the core rules of Silver is that every member is a freeman it is not up to them to take stances as a whole on where a nation stands political.

I would imagine that if your detectives actions kill an Irishman it would cause him to have a different kind of curse. A curse of being haunted by the Irish Families Banshee. This would be something to fear as the Banshee would see the character that killed the irish man before his time and would then haunt him. Either to kill him later or to just scare the shit out of him everywhere he would go. Silver could also protect him from this as well as any hoodoo curse. And even though a character might be cursed they would need to find a way to make him sober because they can't have a hunter drunk all the time. It would be bad for the organization should anything happen...and it would eventually just kill the character.

I like how your thinking about this and that you came to be before you submitted, but unless he has a special pendent, which will protect him from the curse or the banshee, given to him by silver, then can't really be a hunter. A Blessed Pendent, A Ritual he has to perform from time to time, Prayer, or use of his own picked out magicks. And remember to really make sure you stay within the setting of the mid 1800s.

RydeDawg
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby No-one-special on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 pm

He is English. Born in England and worked in England. He basically hitched a boat to a america in a drunken stressed out haze-since his family no longer wanted to be associated with him and he wanted to get way from his crime.

Eh, making my character have dramatic skin change so he turns black...would actually be a really cool idea in some sense but not really as weird or open for possible humor. Unless I made him a real stereotype who hates black people because he see them as all stereotypes...which could make a cool personal trip for him, learning about his racism issues and having to deal with racism as a whole. There wasn't a too big a link at racism being the cause his accusation, it was more of the fact he did a bad job, got suckered by some poor evidence and blamed the Irish bum-more on the account he was a foreigner contributing nothing, sort of a territorial classism issue more-which due to the crime got the guy lynched.

A typical haunted by ghosts curse isn't really anything extreme or weird(but it can be good given the right touches here and there) and can more or less...like you said be dispelled by prays, magicks or enchanted objects and doesn't have that much of an effect beside making him paranoid at best and a little stressed out from time to time and if I'm going for a pure mind play curse rather than a character alteration I would be better off just shooting high and aiming for something specifically meant to drive him mad(or at least disturb him...since those kind of events are generally just more cinematic to write
Example Given: When he lights a candle flesh drips off it instead of wax or something. Shadows stop moving in his eyes. Sound suddenly stops for him.

Which, would be nice. I'm rusty in the RP-year long break mostly-and little events like that would help me work out the rust.

Alright. How about something more classic call of Cathulu type character scenario. He suffers with a curse that no one can identify, haunts him and makes him experience random scenarios. Silver only knows that the curse is reaching an "ultimate" as in it is building up and will only get very, very slowly more intense before unleashing it actual effect. He sticks to Silver and works hard because its his only chance to find something or someone(who may be a something technically) that can give him answers. He Joined Silver shortly after contracting the curse from a book that he collected from the occult. Which he burnt out of disgust shortly after, although left with the fact monsters do exists. Prayers and specifically holy items and actions only soften it-to the same effect an soothing cream has against a enflamed tumor has-in this one he still a normal detective, pretty good at his job. Decent ballistic skill and physically alright for a punch up.

I kind of want the curse to be really over powering-or at least have a sort of... surrounding presence-or be really, really weird (like the hobo one for just an example)also he copes with the drinking issue with Silver basically giving him only solid food, letting him camp outside as a guard-since his curse says he can't have lodgings-and pretty much using a straw-the curse only activates if it touches his lips, if it got straight into his mouth he is ok-

if you like any of those that I said. Feel free to pick one. I'll write up a profile for him.

please excuse if I'm typo'ing a bit. It late for me.

No-one-special
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!