Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Concordia: Part 3 (Closed)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Concordia: Part 3 (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:30 am

With a world in so much turmoil, why not take it as your own?

Twelve months have passed since the last major battle for the crown. A lot has stayed the same. There is still unrest amongst the people, a desire for change that didn’t happen with the last uprising. Yet sides have changed, relationships have developed and power has been accumulated.

When the Princess tried to take power back for her family it had been a blood bath. The battle had taken place outside the walled major city surrounding the castle where a smell of death still lingers. There were lives lost on both sides and not all were those who possessed special skills. Anyone that was caught up in the battle ended up with an injury of some description but most lost their life. It left the country crippled and in mourning. The uprising had been a failure and at the end Valius was still seated on the throne he had occupied the day before. Unlike last time no lives were spared as ever last one of those who fought against Valius was murdered. He would not be making that mistake again and it sent a clear warning out to those who thought they would try to overthrow him.

Cleo and Demetrius had fought alongside Valius when the time had come. It hadn’t been their decision as Cleo was yet to find the strength and power to dislodge her father from Demetrius’ mind. On many occasions she had tried to best her father in a mental game of chance but each time he had come out on top. It always left her exhausted but that didn’t mean she was going to give up. Cleo still felt the same hold her father had on her when she was a little girl and she needed to break this. The only way she was really going to prove to everyone that she was her own person was to cut that last connection to her father, especially when he still took delight in invading Demetrius’ mind and taking over his personality.

Despite her father's involvement in their life, Cleo and Demetrius hardly spoke about him. The two of them had argued a lot around the time of the final battle because of Cleo and the way she couldn't pick a side. Even though they really didn't have a choice in the matter, if they did have a choice then Cleo hadn't known which side she would back. This uncertainty had frustrated Demetrius as he had always hated the way Valius had manipulated his daughter and the way that Cleo had let him. Eventually, and after many battle scenes occuring throughout the castle grounds it had become apparent that this was just something they wouldn't discuss.

One year on, they were still living together in Demetrius' castle and still very much in love. Still there was the occasional arguement but then again this was Demetrius and Cleo... When hadn't they argued?
Maybe you're going to be the one who saves me...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Concordia: Part 3 (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FunnyGuy on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 am

Within the eating barracks of the castle that sat upon the icy cold cliffs of Mount Arkai, a man with many internal battle scars sat. He was up earlier than usual, with plenty on his mind. Yet, Demetrius Black’s face revealed little to nothing. Aiding Valius in the defeat of any hope for a resistance didn’t bother him as much as he thought it would. He didn’t have a choice but to choose his majesty’s side, especially with the man bound to his very soul.

Valius hadn’t been the best company within his mind, but at least he didn’t creep into the pit of his soul like that malevolent force he encountered. The force claimed to be a goddess, but he did not worship her. She promised him freedom from Valius, but how could Demetrius believe someone who had helped that man so much?

“Cleo
” Demetrius spoke softly as he looked at her emerald eyes from across the small table. “I don’t want to live like this anymore. I can’t. I’d rather be a slave with my body than with my soul.” Demetrius complained a bit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FunnyGuy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:07 am

While slowly eating breakfast Cleo had been watching Demetrius sitting there deep in though. She always knew what was up with him as she could sense the slightest of changes to the temperature in the room. Over the past year Demetrius had grown good at trying to hide this but Cleo had also grown better at picking up on it. Yet she didn't say anything, knowing he would tell her what was up when he was ready. Instead she continued to pick slightly at the food in front of her. Cleo still wasn't a fan of the Chef and his cooking.

When Demetrius finally spoke up, Cleo looked up at him. Without him saying exactly what was bothering her it was clear that once more he was feeling the pressure of her father. "I am trying Demetrius" Cleo said quietly as she looked away from him for a moment. Over the past year and a bit she had tried on numerous occasions to help him get rid of Valius and she had been getting closer. Each time it felt like she was just that slightest bit closer but it always slipped away. It had become her life long mission and she would have done anything to give Demetrius what he was asking for.

"I can try after breakfast? I was thinking maybe if we tried in the garden it might work this time?" Cleo suggested. They were running out of options on what to try. Deep down Cleo wondered if maybe it was her that was preventing the mental defeat. She loved Demetrius and would have done anything for him but it always came back to her father. Could it be that a small part of her wasn't commited to this fight and that was what stopped it? If it was then Cleo had no idea how to overcome this.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FunnyGuy on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Demetrius reached across the table, leaving his hand open for Cleo to take. Once she took his hand, he spoke.

“Don’t sound guilty for this. We both know who caused this.” Demetrius said with a soft smile.

“It’s that pesky old geezer!” The chef said out loud as he washed some of the pans he used to make breakfast. His statement caused Demetrius to look up at him with a glare, but the chef just chuckled. A smile eventually broke through which made Demetrius shake his head at the man. Looking back to Cleo, he spoke again.

“We can try the garden after we’re done here. The fresh air might make things better.” Demetrius wanted to be optimistic about things, but couldn’t help but wonder if it was he who didn’t want the link to be severed. Thanks to Anima, the goddess, or rather demon of souls, Demetrius has been able to use the link to his advantage. Every day, Valius grows with strength. He’s not the old man Demetrius face previously. Valius had found a way to reach his prime, and then found a way to surpass it with assimilation of Anima’s power. Perhaps Demetrius is just too afraid to even think of becoming that man’s enemy. Maybe he doesn’t want to fight against someone that powerful.

Is Valius too strong for you..? If you want, I can give you what I gave him. Just give Cleo

“Cleo
 I changed my mind. We should get to the garden now.” Demetrius said before that vile thought could be heard within his mind. “I think your father is trying to get through again.” Demetrius lied.

FunnyGuy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:36 am

As Demetrius extended his hand across the table, Cleo found herself glancing down at it for a moment before reaching out and slipping her hand into his. She understood that all of this was hard on him and Cleo even knew that if she was no longer here hiding out in Demetrius' castle then her father might have lost interest in this a year ago. Despite this she couldn't bring herself to leave. Cleo craved love and she needed approaval. It had been the lack of this growing up that had made these feelings so strong inside of her but it also was one of the reasons that she couldn't leave him. Cleo loved Demetrius and while he still cared about her she wasn't going anywhere.

Smiling softly back at him, Cleo gave his hand a gentle squeeze like she always had a tendancy to do. Before she could answer though the Chef had piped up from the open kitchen. Cleo frowned but quickly covered it up with a gentle smile to let Demetrius know it was okay. Even after all of this time she still couldn't warm up to the Chef. He just seemed to rub her the wrong way

At the mention of her father her attention was back on Demetrius. "Okay... Just let me finish this" Cleo said as she picked up the piece of toast that was left on her plate. She ate it as she stood up, walking over to take Demetrius' hand. "It has been quite some time since I have had some father daughter time" Cleo was refering to the mind battle that was about to take place. If she was honest with herself she would have rather left it a few more days to rest up and store up some of her energy but Demetrius needed this so she needed to try.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FunnyGuy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 am

Standing up from his seat, Demetrius took hold of Cleo’s hand. When Cleo spoke of father-daughter time, Demetrius sighed.

“Please try not to joke about that.” He said before smirking at her. Demetrius never liked the experiences he had with Valius, but Anima’s presence was just as bad. Unlike Valius who’d stop by then vanish, she seemed to always be there. As if she was just lingering to watch every action he made, then again, he did give up his worship in his gods for her.

“Farewell master!” The chef called out as the couple left the dining room and entered a long hallway. Demetrius had managed to give the man a silent nod as he exited, but noticed that there was no exchange between Cleo and the chef.

“I think I may lock you two in a room together until you both get a long a little better. Isn’t that what your father did to us?” Demetrius said with a chuckle. “It only made things worse for
 What the..?” Demetrius questioned as he squinted at a glimpse of a woman in a black dress, skipping across the hall ahead of them. With a tug, Demetrius pulled Cleo with him to the crossing hallway, but it was empty without a person in sight besides the guards on either end. “Did you see that woman?” Demetrius asked even though there hadn’t been anything there at all.

FunnyGuy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:56 am

"Sorry... just trying to lighten the mood" Cleo mumbled when Demetrius said not to joke about her father like that. All she had been trying to do was to lighten the mood that had fallen between the two of them since he always seemed to go cold when he was mentioned. Valius was a sore point between the two of them and things always got tense when he was mentioned, especially when Cleo tried what she was about to do. In the aftermath of her mental battle with her father Cleo always felt close to him, connected and all those old feelings came back. Demetrius knew this even though Cleo tried to hide it.

She managed a smile though when Demetrius smirked and she followed him out of the room. When Chef spoke Cleo didn't even turn around and look at him. The feeling between them was the mutual as Chef didn't speak to her either. "Yeah but I do remember we both always came out injured when he tried that. Do you really want to leave me locked in a room with Chef?" Cleo said in a light tone but with an edge of warning. It wouldn't be the best idea that Demetrius had ever come up with.

However as she spoke Demetrius appeared distracted by something and her voice trailed off at the end. When he pulled her along the hallway Cleo tried to look around for what he had seen but there was nothing. "Ummm... Demetrius there is no one there?" Cleo said as she turned to look at him. "Maybe it was just the light or something but there is no one there" She said with a worried expression.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FunnyGuy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:20 am

Demetrius kept looking around despite Cleo’s words. He knew what or rather who he saw. Perhaps it was just a figment of his imagination, but an anomaly like that wasn’t something that he could just brush away.

“I guess
” Demetrius said before forcing a smile on his face and looking onward to the castle doors up ahead. The cold air seeped into the halls of their domain and briskly scraped against their skin. The cold may have sent chills to Cleo, but Demetrius didn’t feel anything. Valius had always told him that the Demetrius Black he knew was born in the bitter cold. He didn’t say anything else as the two neared the doors until he glanced to Cleo. “Don’t worry so much.” Demetrius said as the cold seemed to suddenly vanish. It almost felt as if the castle had been teleported to another part of Concordia.

Demetrius had used his power over temperature to heat up a wide radius around him, which in turn warmed Cleo as well. The guards in their blue armor, nodded to Demetrius and Cleo with their stone faced expressions before opening up the doors to the outside. Demetrius smiled as he spotted the garden oasis not too far ahead. He could already spot the frost that was decorating the petals of the blooming flowers. Overhead, was a peaks of the Arka Mountains.

FunnyGuy
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xoxMissClairexox on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:18 am

Despite Demetrius agreeing with her, Cleo couldn't help but hear the reluctance in his voice and it was less than convincing. She was worried and there was certainly more to the story than what he had told her. Cleo hated it when he held back on things but most of the time she let him go. Demetrius had a way of telling her things when he was ready... Even if it drove her crazy waiting for him to come around.

"You know I always worry when you are concerned" She said quietly to him as she walked with him outside. One thing that Cleo was glad of was Demetrius' ability to not only make the air cold but now to make it warm. Living in the cold had been hard for her to adjust to, especially since for years she had lived in the Australian desert where she spent the year in shorts and tank tops. Slowly she was getting used to it but Cleo certainly appreciated it when Demetrius was around and could warm things up. It also reminded her of how it had been love for her that had changed his ability.

As the garden came into view Cleo couldn't help but smile slightly. Underneath their feet a soft path of bright green grass sprang up from underneath the snow. Something about knowing she would have the strength of the garden behind her with her next task had given her hope. "This is going to work" She said with a smile as she glanced over at Demetrius as he walked beside her. "I promise... I will give it everything" Cleo said knowing that giving it everything would certainly result in her ending up in the hospital wing of the castle but it would be worth it as long as Demetrius would be free and happy.

xoxMissClairexox
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!