Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lord of The Rings: The Passing of an Age”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Lord of The Rings: The Passing of an Age

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby skyrunner on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:11 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Lord of The Rings: The Passing of an Age"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

skyrunner
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Re: Lord of The Rings: The Passing of an Age

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:50 am

OH GOODIE! I just saw this and thought it would be awesome to join! Do you prefer original characters or cannon characters? I would be interested in both a Canon and Original character. [if two characters are alright.] As for canon Characters, it would have to be either Elrond, Faramire, or Legolas. Please let me know what you think!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

masato22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IAmAlien on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:46 am

Ooh! Can I be Smeagol? (He's that little creature that calls the ring "My precious") I'd love to be him! :D
"When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces." "The whole universe depends on everything fitting together just right. If one piece busts, even the smallest piece... the entire universe will get busted." "I see that I am a little piece of a big, big universe, and that makes it right." Beast of the Soulthern Wild

IAmAlien
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silverlight138 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Lord of the rings!!!!!! MY MOST FAVOURITE EVER! :3 i literally squealed when i saw this. May i play a canon character? Legolas? I love him XDXD of course, an original character would be perfectly fine by me as well.

Silverlight138
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grahf on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:33 pm

I guess with The Hobbit in the spotlight I should expect to see a lump of LoTR and other Tolkien based Rps. but I can't help but wonder what this one has to offer that say...one of the hundreds of others doesn't? We all already know the story; Sam and Frodo do the sneaky sneak, chuck the ring in the lava...big ass war with Elves against Orks...boom. Witch King beat up by a girl, credits roll.

My main question though is what's the point? Is there going to be railroad tracks forcing the players to follow Cannon, or can we say screw the story and have some kid KEEP the One Ring?

Grahf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Greeter Concierge Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IAmAlien on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:20 pm

Hey, I like that idea about screwing up the story. Haha. We shoulde just use some cannon characters, maybe add some OC's, have the ring, and just make up our OWN LoTR. >:) -evil plain forming-

IAmAlien
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:15 pm

That would be very fun indeed~!

masato22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Silverlight138 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Im in for it, definitely. -le looking forward to screwing up the entire story and wrecking havoc in the tolkien world- XD

Silverlight138
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IAmAlien on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:27 pm

"Yesss, thee precious shall be ours forever. Yess, the hobbitses shall hand it over to us, yes. We needs it. Must have the precious!" - Gollum
"Precious! Precious!" - Smeagol
Haha :) Me hope me character accepted. Smeagol, Gollum, and I are looking forward to screwing up the story.
"Gollum wants precious. Gollum needs precious."
"You mean we needs precious." - Gollum
"Yess...precious. We needs her." - Smeagol
O_o Excuse me and my little friends here.

{Edit:} YES! WE WERE ACCEPTED! Haha
I mean...my character was accepted.
"Precious will be ours. OURS!" - Gollum
"Smeagol will have precious?" - Smeagol
"Yess, Smeagol and Gollum will have precious and they, sneaky little hobbitses wont steel it from us. Precious will be ours. Precious will be ours..." - Gollum

Haha, I'm gonna have a lot of fun playing a schizophrenic, multiple personality, little weird guy. :) Yessssss
Last edited by IAmAlien on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAmAlien
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby skyrunner on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 pm

You have to keep the basic canon (eg Don't kill Frodo) but can mess with the story eg frodo can keep the ring or give it to someone else - Just keep it so that LoTR could still happen

You can have 2 characters - 1 Canon and 1 Original - If you do high quality RPing then you might be granted extra Original characters or even (If your lucky and do top quality RPing) a minor canon character (eg Arwen, Gothmog ect)

skyrunner
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby IAmAlien on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Okay, that's far enough.

IAmAlien
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:41 am

I'm almost done with my seconf character. I'll submit her CS later today!

masato22
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 am

I hope more people join! I'm really looking forward to this~!

masato22
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby skyrunner on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:14 am

Though maybe I will change my mind and say screw the story.

skyrunner
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:46 am

I think that would probably be for the better. It gives us more potential for writing/ creative freedom and fun. The essentials could remain the same [Ex: Frodo is the ring bearer and he must take it to Mordor to be destroyed.] but how it goes about happening could be very different. Certain loyalties can change endless possibilities. I say it's a good idea.

Did you place an add for it in the RP advertisement forum?

masato22
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 pm

I saw your ad in the forum. I also mentioned the RP in the OOC of the X-men RP that I am GM'ing and in the OOC of a small Poke'mon RP that I am a part of. I hope others are interested and check this one out.

masato22
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:03 am

Have you thought of re-posting the RP and stating in the intro page that you are interested in changing the story up a bit? I think you would attract more people that way. And Jazz up the intro page a bit with a picture. I can help with this if you'd like? Let me know. Someone in one of my RP's said they were interested in joining pretty soon.

masato22
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!