Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

New font?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

New font?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:14 pm

I know it sounds silly, and it might be a copyright issue, but would it be possible to add the Skyrim Dovah font so that you could type and "speak" in the dragon language? I was able to download the font so I can use it on my computer at home for personal use and entertainment, but would RPGateway be against downloading it and adding it to the list of fonts that the site recognizes?

Again, it might be a copyright thing so if it is then I apologize and we can drop the subject.

Just thought I'd ask cause it'd be really cool.

Thank you!
Kumori Ryuu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: New font?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:34 pm

I have two questions though, where did you download it, and have you tried using the font yet?
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 13 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KumoriRyuu on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:40 pm

I downloaded the font from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0ds2z15g0rscyka

This link was reached from this page: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Alphabet. Near the bottom of the page where it says "Font", they provide three links to slightly different versions of the Dovah alphabet which can be downloaded and turned into a real font used in your own computer. I was able to download the one in the middle, the second of the three downloads, and can now type in Dovah alphabet on anything I choose on my laptop. Such an example would be the textedit application on my computer, and it's a lot of fun.

I thought it'd be a nice addition to this site just in case any fantasy lovers out there (like me) want to enjoy typing in a mysterious language to give the RP a bit more realism and mystique.

KumoriRyuu
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Beta Tester World Builder Lifegiver Arc Warden Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Modesty on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Hey KymoriRyuu,

I believe you are correct in regards to the copyright infringement. On the wiki you've linked, which is an unofficial site, it says "This was extracted from the game files by TheSuperNerd and is official." While the font may be official, it was not officially released by Bethesda Softworks. The other downloadable versions are rip offs, and also infringe on copyrights.

If you are wondering why there aren't more fantasy fonts available, it's because web design generally goes for "Web Safe Fonts". "Web Safe Fonts" are the generic fonts you see that don't change from website to website, and there is a reason for that. Not all font types translate nicely to pixels.Without trying to bore you with a long-winded typography speech, the ones currently available are the easiest and clearest to read.

If I may offer an alternate suggestion: you could try using a coloured font to denote dragon speech, have it translated to Welsh (neu iaith arall o'ch dewis) using a translator, or put it in italics.

Or all three: neu iaith arall o'ch dewis!

Additionally, Ideas & Suggestions can be submitted via the orange box on the left side of your browser. They are reviewed and set into motion accordingly!

Modesty
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FoolMeOnce on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Oooh I really like Modesty's idea of using welsh, italics and colour :3
My solace is knowing that someday things will be over...then I can say a big SCREW YOU to those who brought me down!

FoolMeOnce
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!