Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Lord of the Rings: The Song Unsung

Lord of the Rings: The Song Unsung

a part of “Lord of the Rings: The Song Unsung”, a fictional universe by Raidose.

Many heroes have been told of during the great War of the Ring, but now let us tell the tale of those whom have received no such praise.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Lord of the Rings: The Song Unsung”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Lord of the Rings: The Song Unsung

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Verza's body is just a machine made to hold his brain and communicate, it's not so much for physical fighting.
"Oh, there's some bubble wrap over there not being used? I'll just leave it alone."-Said: No one, EVER.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:55 am

I had Verza pull a gimli for a little comedic effect... XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Gah! Fucking Router from Hell! Okay, just got a chance to read the new posts.... sort of. Lot to read through and still working everything out. Two things I noticed.

Roku, these aren't goblins, they are orcs. I know Tolkien said goblin is the hobbit word for orcs, but his work was under constant rewriting, and the movie and game media effectively made goblins their own thing. Two forms trump one in my opinion, and I've always preferred the distinction between the two. As I said in my rules, I will take snippets from all forms of cannon, and the movies and games are mostly cannon.

And Masato, we were not in Rivendell, we were just outside it. While technically IN the area of Rivendell, we were in a clearing in the woods of the Trollshaws which surround it. As I said in my Intro, "Just beyond the safe and serene glitter of the Elven homes, in a clearing of the great trees of the Trollshaws, various heroes, men and women of all races and beings, gather their strength and resolve". We didn't actually start traveling anywhere, and we were never IN Rivendell, the location was marked Rivendell (Yes, I know, I miss spelled it Rivendale) because it was basically RIGHT THERE. Sorry for the confusion, and you don't have to edit anything if you don't want to. I just wanted to clarify that we haven't started moving yet, the ambush took place right outside the village.

Edit: Nekohina, Basically what I just said to Masato applies to you too. I really was sure I mentioned that we were just outside Rivendell, and I don't remember saying we ever left that area. This was just suppose to be a "as we were conversing" sort of deal. And again, we're not fighting goblins, we're fighting orcs.

X_X Why are there so many people posting that we moved? Nowhere did I say we moved! Trust me, I'll make a narrative when we start traveling, but if I don't it means we didn't!

DA, there isn't a warg! People! Please stop adding crap that isn't there! Or at least ask me first! Please? I'd like to be kept in the loop of my own rp! Agh, never mind. This kinda messes with my plans, but I'll work around it I guess. Just.... in the future people, please ask. Wargs would have never gotten past the elven scouts, and the only reason the orcs did is because they dug through old Troll and spider tunnels to evade the patrols.
"Yes, I'm crazy, and I should hope you are, too. Honestly, it's all these damn "sane" people that scare me....."

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm sorry if my last post is a little too story progressing. I will edit it if need be. But I wanted to get that in there.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Lol I understand that, but Wargs were bred in Isengard, which is not even fully operational right now. Think of this as the first movie, you just dragged something that wasn't seen till the second over here. There will be plenty of time to recreate that scene between Gimli and the Warg when we get to Rohan.

Raidose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:02 pm

So edit? no edit? sorry, But I need some direction here.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Well, I can't think of how or why you would fit a warg through a dug-out tunnel, so yeah, edit please.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Done! I just made it a larger orc so nobody has to totally re write their entire post.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 pm

Verza looked around, But he noticed something. they were missing someone. he then saw the great white wolf standing over her master wining. Verza first smiled thinking she was just laying down. Until he noticed crimson spattered across her stomach. "Damn." verza said. She had been away from the group, probably thinking she could pick off the orcs in hiding. She had an arrow in her gut. Verza looked back, his eyes scanning for Nienna.

"She's dying. She needs help." Verza called out. They needed to hurry, befroe the orcs regrouped and came back more heavily armed and with more numbers.

Uhh.... Okay.... I had another plan with a little more dignity, but that works.... I guess..... I really don't mean to sound like a dick, but can you stop beating me to the punch, DA? That was a scripted an planned event.....

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:17 pm

would you like me to remove that part?

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby masato22 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm

I'll post once Raidose tells Shadow what to alter regarding Lilianna's death. I'll have Nienna aid her magically just to prevent her from actually dying so that she can be sent to the undying lands.

masato22
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:06 am

@DA: No, like I said, it still works, it's just for future reference please try not to beat me to a scene. And sorry for not posting, I'm trying to figure out what happened to Shadow (as in Shadow44499) and I really don't want to kill off his toon so I'm trying to get him back here.
Last edited by Raidose on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 am

Sory Raid, I'll try not to do it again, I'll Pm you my post before I actually post... Maybe that would be a better idea when someone is posting a story advancing part.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:09 pm

I do appreciate you taking an interest in the story, but I'd thank you if you did that. Only with story advancing parts though, or just ask me a question. Seriously, that's probably the best way to avoid this sorta goof up. And I'm still trying to get a hold of Shadow..... He'd never forgive me if I booted him out of the story, but it's really hard to continue without him.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raidose on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:02 pm

My dog just died in my arms today. This RP is on hold till...... idk. I'll PM all of you if I can keep roleplaying.

Raidose
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Parallax on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:39 am

This RP looks pretty awesome i actually might sign-up. Do you accept Eastling based characters?

Parallax
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nltniko on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:09 am

Well, technically a Haradrim and Easterlings are both "Men of Evil" so probably yea, however the RP unfortunately stopped some time ago
Fortuna favet fortibus

nltniko
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!