Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Against a Hive

Against A Hive

a part of “Against a Hive”, a fictional universe by Pxu5.

An MLP Alternate Universe where the Changlings have conquered Equestria and are rulling with and iron hoof.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Against a Hive”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Against A Hive

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pxu5 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Hello everypony! The two major points I have to get this RP going is:
1. We need more roleplayers, We're not gonna be able to topple Chrysalis with only 2-some ponies.
2. Faction/ Rebel Group suggestions. As stated in the intro, there's gonna be a couple rebel groups in which everypony can join. While they all seek to topple the Changelings, they have different tactics and members.

Here are some I already came up with:

Knights of Equestria
Former Royal Guards. Very experienced soldiers. Have quite a bit of weapons. However, they tend to do things the brash way, charging into battles yelling for glory.

The Guild
A group of former thieves now dedicated to restore the government they have once hated. Some weapons such as knives. Tend to do thing the sneaky way.

The Equestrian Liberation Army
A group of untrained, but still very well built farmers and peasants. Improvised weapons such as the pitchfork. Depend heavily of guerilla warfare as they can't stand against the Changelings one-on-one.

Tell me what you think and give me more ideas!
Last edited by Pxu5 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pxu5
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Against A Hive

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RacoonMoon() on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Awesome. a roleplay where I can express I'm a brony. Thank for making this roleplay. If I don't make a character soon I will certainly be watching.
You know after I write something I try to reread it every time to see if i'm satisfied. That is when I think man what the heck did I write. Afterwards I suck it up and click submit thinking...

How bad could I possibly be?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RacoonMoon()
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SylentStand on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 pm

I understood maybe three terms in your RP summary! It's probably for the best that I'm not an MLP fan.
Protect and Serve

SylentStand
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The(Doctor)Horrible on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Brilliant. If anyone here is familiar with Doctor Who(oves) I'm tenth incarnation. If not, disregard. :3 When are we gonna start? I have a plan all set out.

The(Doctor)Horrible
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:32 am

I would love to jump in on this, but it is currently 4:30 in the morning where I'm at and I have not slept so I probably won't submit one until later today. I like your ideas for rebel groups, and I don't wanna overstep my bounds or anything here, but I think 3 is a really good amount, if you have anymore you might spread your RPers a little thin. Anyway like I said this sounds like a blast and I'm totally gonna submit a character when I get a chance.
Laxnchill20

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 pm

I'mma jump in too!! If its ok that is. Love me some ponies!
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pxu5 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 pm

Taking into account laxnchill20's reasoning, I say that there would not be any faction due to the small group of rpers we have here

Pxu5
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:08 am

So just the one Rebel group?

Also is there any way some of us could control multiple character's, maybe changelings? Make things more interesting?

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pxu5 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Sorries to everypony for the long wait! Let's get this thing started already. Personally, I try to find time in the margins of my schedule to write stuff down. So my posts would be delivered slowly in chunks.
Embarrassing thing is, I have no clue at all where we’re supposed to post? *Derp* I would assume it is the activity tab.
Also, everypony who is looking to join is welcome. I’ll be trying to contact everyone who already has a char that the rp is starting.

@ laxnchill-
Yep, one rebel group. I don't see anything wrong with players controlling more than one rebel. Changelings, however, I'm not sure. I'll need to think about that.

Pxu5
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pxu5 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 pm

The characters of the Mane Six are now confirmed to be available for roleplay.

Pxu5
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pxu5 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:42 pm

@laxnchill20
Where are the guards specifically?
Making the assumption that you're looking for Storm in the last line of your recent post, last time I checked, Storm was by herself in the Everfree.

If Storm is to work with the guards, I say that we would need a meeting-up scene.

Pxu5
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Near Canterlot in an old military bunker that had been forgotten by most ponies. Sorry I forgot to include where they were. And yes a meeting up scene would be nice, maybe one of the guards has heard of Storm and says she was last seen near the Everfree forest?
Last edited by laxnchill20 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The(Doctor)Horrible on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:39 am

To whomever is playing Chrysalis, I'd love for something to happen between her and the Doctor. There's not much he can do right now but there could be some good material if she came to play with her "little pet"

The(Doctor)Horrible
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 am

Well since the GM said earlier that changelings are not up for control then I would guess that the GM is gonna control Chrysalis and other changelings, so I'd guess that you're waiting for them to post.

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pxu5 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:35 pm

@laxnchill20
Being that Storm was doing her best at hiding, (which she is very good at doing, being a scout) I would doubt that any guard would have caught sight of her. Moreover, it would be quite hard and impractical to keep an eye on a 'useless' deserted forest when there are Changelings running amok and ponies being collected for their love.
Originally I was planning for the Everfree forest to be the base of operations, but I guess an old, forgotten military bunker can do just as well and the Everfree post can just be a scout station.
Seeing that there's not many characters, I suggest you control the entire surviving guard, being their leader and such.

@The(Doctor)Horrible
I viewed my posts as a list of general background events for the entire roleplay. If someone would like to do Chrysalis's personal day-to-day events, I would allow it. If not, just tell me what event you would like to see between Chrysalis and the Doctor, and I'll make it happen, provided that it is not outrageous. I'll start out with something to keep this thing going...

@all
Personally, since most of the MLP roleplays are short and long since forgotten, I would like to see this roleplay become the longest and first complete MLP roleplay there is. And seeing to the rate of posts, I believe we can reach that goal rather quickly!

Pxu5
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:28 pm

Alright I would be more than happy to take control of the majority of guard functions. If you want you can post from Storm's point of view, maybe she is on her way back to the bunker to report something she has discovered about the changelings or Luna's location?

I plan to make at least one more post before the guards set off to find Luna.

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pxu5 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 pm

@laxnchill20
Err.. there seems to be a bit of a problem with the timeline of your post. This roleplay, as it takes place immediately after what was supposed to be the royal wedding, the Crystal Empire hasn't appeared yet. Moreover, the Empire was originally known to have disappeared for a thousand years and thus would itself be crawling with Changelings looking to conquer and loot. Plus, there is the problem of King Sombra.

Pxu5
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:46 pm

I didnt realize it was directly after. I'm on my phone right now but i'll edit my post as soon as I can get to a computer.

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:12 pm

I've modded my post to fit in to the current continuity. Sorry about that.

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pxu5 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:48 pm

Life is getting a bit in the way, so i'll be updating about once a week. However, since we have all the roleplayers playing now, there is sure to be enough plot(meaning story plot, not pony plot) to go around.

Pxu5
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!